Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you sad today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^ Makes a healthy change from ignorant eye-for-an-eye vigilantism. If you start from the reasonable proposition that, however stupid and culpable he was, he probably didn't mean to kill their child, there's little reason to hold a grudge. He should certainly receive his punishment in the usual way and he should probably never be allowed to drive, ever again.

To be honest, you're more forgiving than I would ever be.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:27 am

At the end of the day, one forgives for one's own sake. The desire for revenge is self-destructive, so it makes sense to free yourself from it. Of course, it's pretty damn hard for anyone to think rationally in the midst of grief, but these parents seem to have their heads screwed on right.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:04 am

David wrote:
At the end of the day, one forgives for one's own sake. The desire for revenge is self-destructive, so it makes sense to free yourself from it. Of course, it's pretty damn hard for anyone to think rationally in the midst of grief, but these parents seem to have their heads screwed on right.

It is also very useful to distinguish between the person and the awful thing the person did. The world is full of people who drive like a$$$holes both with and without substances on board. Most of them don't actually kill anyone but that doesn't make any of them better than this bloke (or him worse than any of them).
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:28 pm

^

It's also too easy to say that people should know better than to drive when substance effected.

You're substance effected, your judgement is impaired.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:22 pm

I resemble that last remark. Must be NYE.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:03 am

I've been waiting for this moment.

Dreading it even.

It's the moment, the tipping point if you will when little old swoop wonders were in the world we are heading as a society that a young girl has felt compelled to do this and can't see any other way out.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/social/beyond-sad-as-girl-12-streams-her-own-suicide-on-facebook-live/news-story/124e2312b752a316a8e6dc7a2f5bba60

For those of you who have kids give them a hug today and on days they might drive you mad give them two.

What a waste of a young life.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:24 pm

^

Seriously sad that she took her own life but would anyone have known or cared if she hadn't broadcast the video?

I'm not advocating this kind of thing but a lonely anonymous death grieved for by only her family would have been a waste of a young life, by broadcasting it, whatever you feel about that, she has touched so many and ignited a conversation.

Her death is still a tragedy, but in her death she has achieved something most of us never will in life.

RIP young lady.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:40 am

David wrote:

Well said David.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:42 am

swoop42 wrote:

Dreading it even.

It's the moment, the tipping point if you will when little old swoop wonders were in the world we are heading as a society that a young girl has felt compelled to do this and can't see any other way out.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/social/beyond-sad-as-girl-12-streams-her-own-suicide-on-facebook-live/news-story/124e2312b752a316a8e6dc7a2f5bba60

For those of you who have kids give them a hug today and on days they might drive you mad give them two.

Shocking. It's hard to fathom.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:56 am

Sad, angry & pissed off: (well Im a male & I'm touch with all three of the emotions: fear, lust & anger Wink)

Leaving a torrid week of work yesterday pm. Outside the main entrance of the Hospital is a taxi rank. Saw a young aboriginal woman pushing a much older aboriginal woman in a hospital wheelchair. The older woman had a urine catheter bag attached to her leg & wearing a light dress.

The cab driver (Caucasian and not a young man) said "no you need a wheelchair taxi". They said in a resigned sort of way "no she can walk it's a hospital wheelchair.

I got involved asking if they needed any assistance. They were very passive and resigned I thought, watching the interaction. I asked her if she can walk she said yes. I advised the cab driver that she can walk & it was a hospital wheelchair which is not going with her. He then said, "Oh I've got another job" I said quite firmly & unambiguously "I'll take your number & report you to the relevant authorities"

Amazing, seemed he didn't have another job after all!

The passenger expressed gratitude.

Problems I don't have to face.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:16 pm

That is really disgusting, I hope Karma smacks the tool
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:46 pm

swoop42 wrote:

Dreading it even.

I was wondering when Facebook live would be used for something like this. It seemed kind of inevitable and undoubtedly won't be the last time. I don't know how much it says about our society right now except that teenage and preteen suicide (while perhaps at least as old as Romeo and Juliet) does seem to have emerged as a much more serious phenomenon in the last couple of decades. Would be interesting to see the stats on this.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:05 pm

Seeing the Sundanese Youth showing No Respect to Victoria/Australia.

They can go back to there own Country

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:17 pm

David wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Dreading it even.

I was wondering when Facebook live would be used for something like this. It seemed kind of inevitable and undoubtedly won't be the last time. I don't know how much it says about our society right now except that teenage and preteen suicide (while perhaps at least as old as Romeo and Juliet) does seem to have emerged as a much more serious phenomenon in the last couple of decades. Would be interesting to see the stats on this.

teen suicide is low compared to the rest. I posted links to the facts sheets in my thread about leading causes of death.

To save tinem here's the suicide fact sheet http://www.aihw.gov.au/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=60129552757

Interestingly 15-19 is the only time males and females are close in the numbers. The rest of the ages, men outnumber women 3-4 to 1

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:36 pm

BTW, I agree WPT, that sucks. I'd be far more angry than sad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 20 of 70   

Jump to: