Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you sad today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my gosh, that's awful. Must have been a painful wait too. Hope she make a full and fast recovery, that's a bloody big fall. Cheers xxx
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:00 pm

Hope she's well soon, Ken! All the best.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:56 pm

KenH wrote:
My sister fell off her horse yesterday in the bush, she was with a friend who called an ambulance they had trouble finding them and she was waiting for over an hour. Got to the Ballarat Base Hospital and found she had 6 broken ribs 2 of which are broken twice, a punctured lung and a broken hip. A helicopter ride and now she is at the Alfred getting operated on today!

Not a nice time over Xmas for her and our families as we celebrate all coming together. We are very grateful that she will heal and it could have been a lot worse.
Everyone please stay safe and enjoy Xmas!

Geezus, doesn't do things by halves does she? That's a fair fall. No jokes for her for a couple of weeks, in this case laughter would NOT be the best medicine.

Shit timing but as you say, could have been a lot worse. Hope that's your measure of bad luck for Xmas out of the road and the rest is all good.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:12 pm

KenH wrote:
My sister fell off her horse yesterday in the bush, she was with a friend who called an ambulance they had trouble finding them and she was waiting for over an hour. Got to the Ballarat Base Hospital and found she had 6 broken ribs 2 of which are broken twice, a punctured lung and a broken hip. A helicopter ride and now she is at the Alfred getting operated on today!

Not a nice time over Xmas for her and our families as we celebrate all coming together. We are very grateful that she will heal and it could have been a lot worse.

Oh she doesn't do things by half then Ken!

True it could have been a lot worse - she is in good hands at the Alfred.

Enjoy the day the best you can Smile

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:34 pm

Hoping all is well with your sister, Ken.

Merry Xmas!

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:34 am

Thanks all!

My sis is going well, going to take my Mum to Melbourne to see her today. Had op yesterday and is now in the ward.
It is now about recovery for her! This could of been a lot worse. A bit lucky I reckon!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:58 pm

KenH wrote:

Sorry to read about this Ken and ouch that sure is painful. Good luck to your sister & all the best to your & her family too.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:46 pm

it's sad that George Michael died, it's sad that Carrie Fisher died but it is unbearably sad that a 9 yr old boy just looking at Xmas lights with his family has died courtesy of a drunk speeding dckwad!! Sad
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:19 pm

Morrigu wrote:
it's sad that George Michael died, it's sad that Carrie Fisher died but it is unbearably sad that a 9 yr old boy just looking at Xmas lights with his family has died courtesy of a drunk speeding dckwad!! Sad

Agreed. Now that I know intimately how devastating the loss of someone you know & love hurts, celebrity deaths, while sad, pale into insignificance in comparison. Especially someone like that innocent little boy who did nothing wrong or to deserve it Crying or Very sad
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:38 pm

It's terribly sad. I'm amazed that the boy's parents are willing to forgive the perpetrator.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/crime-and-justice/family-of-josiah-sisson-say-they-are-willing-to-forgive-the-man-accused-of-killing-him/news-story/86a0b753b95c1ef0015ec92a4e662aa5

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:07 am

^^^ Makes a healthy change from ignorant eye-for-an-eye vigilantism. If you start from the reasonable proposition that, however stupid and culpable he was, he probably didn't mean to kill their child, there's little reason to hold a grudge. He should certainly receive his punishment in the usual way and he should probably never be allowed to drive, ever again.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:40 am

Jezza wrote:
It's terribly sad. I'm amazed that the boy's parents are willing to forgive the perpetrator.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/crime-and-justice/family-of-josiah-sisson-say-they-are-willing-to-forgive-the-man-accused-of-killing-him/news-story/86a0b753b95c1ef0015ec92a4e662aa5

You've reached a
premium article

To read this article, subscribe today and get unrestricted access on all your devices.

Confused

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:43 am

All?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:22 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^ Makes a healthy change from ignorant eye-for-an-eye vigilantism. If you start from the reasonable proposition that, however stupid and culpable he was, he probably didn't mean to kill their child, there's little reason to hold a grudge. He should certainly receive his punishment in the usual way and he should probably never be allowed to drive, ever again.

Amazing parents, not sure I'd be so forgiving.
He will probably get a slap on the wrist, and lose his licence for a ridiculously short time.

RIP little fella xxx

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:36 pm

Morrigu wrote:

I have no sympathy for the cnut. Once you cross the line, there's should be no return. I'd be happy to see this f&ckstain sent to Gitmo.p
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 19 of 70   

Jump to: