Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you sad today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
Wokko wrote:
I had a dream last night that Donald Trump died and the USA fell into widespread civil disturbances and riots.

When I woke up it felt so real I had to check the news. I hope I'm not a prophet. Laughing

What month does this happen? Do you get a say in it?

Between months 6 and 9 of his Presidency is when he gets shot.

I want to know when he gets impeached. Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:43 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
Wokko wrote:
I had a dream last night that Donald Trump died and the USA fell into widespread civil disturbances and riots.

When I woke up it felt so real I had to check the news. I hope I'm not a prophet. Laughing

What month does this happen? Do you get a say in it?

Between months 6 and 9 of his Presidency is when he gets shot.

Phew, so after July then

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:45 pm

Wokko wrote:

Me too - I've had a change of heart - I so want him to win Razz

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:46 pm

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/03/27/donald-trump-tombstone-appears-in-central-park-as-online-threats-continue/

Shocked
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:54 pm

^ Laughing I had to stop planning holidays this year Wokko cause everywhere we planned was suddenly subject to disasters ....................
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:10 am

Poor little mite beheaded by the nutjob in Tapei in front of her Mum. I hope you didn't k now what was happening little one. It is stuff likethis that stirs up the gun lobby and capital punishment advocates. Something this little girl could never comprehend.
And arseholes blowing up kids in an amusement park. If they who commit such acts are executed I for one will lose not one second of sleep.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:22 am

Interesting that, as is often the case, the calls for capital punishment aren't coming from the victim's family:

Quote:
"This kind of random killing shows that Taiwan cannot afford to abolish the death penalty," said chairwoman Eva Liang.

The girl's mother, however, urged the public not to discuss the issue to allow the family time to grieve.

"If you are concerned about us or have sympathy, please respect us... I don't wish to see such discussions at the time being," she told reporters outside a funeral home, also asking people not to circulate photos of the girl's body.

http://news.yahoo.com/taiwan-toddler-beheaded-random-killing-003725453.html

A shocking crime, but killing the perpetrator won't solve anything.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:55 am

David wrote:
Interesting that, as is often the case, the calls for capital punishment aren't coming from the victim's family:

Quote:
"This kind of random killing shows that Taiwan cannot afford to abolish the death penalty," said chairwoman Eva Liang.

The girl's mother, however, urged the public not to discuss the issue to allow the family time to grieve.

"If you are concerned about us or have sympathy, please respect us... I don't wish to see such discussions at the time being," she told reporters outside a funeral home, also asking people not to circulate photos of the girl's body.

http://news.yahoo.com/taiwan-toddler-beheaded-random-killing-003725453.html

A shocking crime, but killing the perpetrator won't solve anything.

If the blokes in Pakistan are caught (those still alive) they will be executed under Sharia law.Take it to the bank. Asians have an entirely different mindset to this. Both Thailand and the Phillipines are considering executing a couple of men for torturing and killing young girls. Neither of those counries have muslim majorities and in fact have muslim insurgents.

The girls mother asked for time to mourn. She didn't say she didn't want him in front of a firing squad although he is clearly deranged.

sixpoints 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:22 pm

RIP Ronnie Corbett.
The diminutive half of the 'Two Ronnies' Scottish born Ronnie Corbett passed away aged 85.
I remember as a kid, so looking forward to their show being on. Great comedic writing and superbly timed delivery.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3517054/Comedy-legend-Ronnie-Corbett-died-aged-85.html
It really now is "Goodnight from me and goodnight from him"
ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:17 am

Got an email from a mate I have known for over 40 years. His Mum passed away yesterday at aged 99. Aunt of Ian McMullin although I doubt he ever met her. Couldn't they steal an extra off someone and give her the ton. RIP Dot.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:38 pm

ronrat wrote:
Got an email from a mate I have known for over 40 years. His Mum passed away yesterday at aged 99. Aunt of Ian McMullin although I doubt he ever met her. Couldn't they steal an extra off someone and give her the ton. RIP Dot.

Cheers mate, that's a bloody good innings hey, condolences xxxxx

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 8:09 pm

Fiona's funeral was today. I would say about half the girls from year 12 3 years ago at MSJ were in attendance, plus several teachers, and maybe 2-300 others. We filled the church. Fiona's brother gave a beautiful speech, and her father gave the most heart breaking tearful eulogy I could ever imagine, and he ended singing to her coffin, que sera sera. One of juniors friends spoke for the group, she was simply amazing, and a teacher and sports coach. Listening to the funny stories of Fiona and the other kids at school, bitter sweet, funny, sad, comforting

At the wake I learnt that it was Fiona's high dose of anti seizure meds that gave her depression, but she needed that dose of she wanted to drive.....and then mess for the depression made things worse, she spent two weeks in rehab, and was released just 5 days before her death....

It is somehow comforting that it was medication, and not life events that contributed. But of course, we are all still shattered beyond belief. Hopefully now though, the healing process can start. Such an amazing funeral, so much support for the family, and all the girls, and even us mothers of the close group received the support, it was wonderful. But I still just can't fathom how She is gone.

Good night Fiona, at peace now, we love you and will miss you forever xxxx

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 8:30 pm

Cheers Jo.

I was tempted to ask earlier if there was any indication of why, the medication explains it although why someone didn't want to try a different one may potentially be a question the coroner may ask.

Glad it was a good send off, such a shame though that a young life is gone.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:14 pm

Thanks Stui Smile much appreciated xxx

Yeah, I wondered out loud why they didn't try the lesser dose first, apparently Fiona and her father chose the higher dose, and he now feels they didn't get enough info. I've never seen anyone so broken as her father was today, it was truly heart breaking to see.

Blame helps nobody though, I just want to remember her beautiful smiling face, her crazy accent, her warped sense of humour, her generousity, and yes, the loss of a life so young, just not fair. Cheers xxx

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:29 pm

Never good at this stuff, but my condolences. It's terrible that one so young is gone because of what seems to be a simple medication error.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 13 of 70   

Jump to: