Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you sad today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Prototype wrote:
I was told that a friend of mine, who has dubbed herself my adopted grandmother is battling stomach cancer. She's a beautiful lady, she calls me the golden boy in a circle of friends we have. We had a big meetup last year, and seeing how excited she was to meet me, and a few others was a highlight of my time in Melbourne last year.

Fast forward to now, and being told stories from her family, and seeing a photo she put up with her granddaughter, it's so sad she's sad, she looks like she's given up the fight. Her cancer has spread, and they did some scans today and they have to wait.

It's sad also that my grandmother died last year from cancer, and this lady has been more of a grandmother then my grandmother who is still alive. She's been a great support of everything I've done, my radio work, my writing, my poetry, my photography everything.

Compared to many people in their 80's she was so full of life, now it just seems that's been sucked out of her, and she's just waiting for the end to come. It's heartbreaking.

Crying or Very sad

im so sorry for your pain honey,

also for your adopted grandmas pain. please dont judge that photo too hard, it may have just been a moment for her. have you spoken to her and offered your best wishes etc? i few words of support can really help so much. ive heard stomach cancer can be very painful, and also very aggressive. only she knows how her body is dealing with it. sometimes the end is easier to bear than the reality of living with it.

my heart goes out to you, and anyone dealing with a loved one with cancer, or any other life threatening disease. unfortunately it doesn't differentiate between good people and bad.

be there for her, remind her of fun times, don't judge, allow her to grieve for her health. i hope the scans bring new light to her life, but we can only imagine the fear and dread in her heart and mind right now. peace be with you my friend, cheers, jo xx

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:41 pm

think positive wrote:
im so sorry for your pain honey,

also for your adopted grandmas pain. please dont judge that photo too hard, it may have just been a moment for her. have you spoken to her and offered your best wishes etc? i few words of support can really help so much. ive heard stomach cancer can be very painful, and also very aggressive. only she knows how her body is dealing with it. sometimes the end is easier to bear than the reality of living with it.

my heart goes out to you, and anyone dealing with a loved one with cancer, or any other life threatening disease. unfortunately it doesn't differentiate between good people and bad.

be there for her, remind her of fun times, don't judge, allow her to grieve for her health. i hope the scans bring new light to her life, but we can only imagine the fear and dread in her heart and mind right now. peace be with you my friend, cheers, jo xx

I sent her a message the other day wishing her a Merry Christmas and hoped she was feeling better, she was talking to someone that had already battled cancer and hasn't told anyone but her she had asked me if i had spoken to her because she hadn't been talking to anyone for a long while.

I haven't told anyone, seems we're not at the telling others yet, but her daughter has been speaking and she seems to think her mother gets the seriousness of it all. I believe she knows. She's frightened, though the other friend made a point that stuck.

She said that maybe she's given up all fight because she misses her husband so much, as he died a long time ago. She told me many stories of her life after coming here from Greece and meeting her husband.

The friend thinks she's desperate to be reunited with him in the afterlife, I think if the scans come back with some good news maybe it will give her some new hope. I hope so.

I think it hit harder because my aunt who has been battling cancer was sick, turned out she had just been bitten by an ant but every time news of her being sick comes out we all fear the worst after all the tumours they've removed over the years.

Thanks, I will try and not judge those photos and give her some kind words when she is up and about and talking. She's a beautiful lady, so hopefully she gets some nice news.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:42 am

DTM's thread being locked.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:36 am

All the best, Prototype. Hope you get some better news soon.
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:12 am

Edgar Mitchell, the 6 th man to walk on the moon is dead.

Good bye Edgar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_Yubitl5nk
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:31 pm

story popped up in my feed, i already know the story, as i know the mother from netball and school, and remember the daughter, these kids went to school with my kids, Kelly was older, but i remember her....

The mother in the story, Tracey, was very involved with the kids in Buckleys brigade, they are all mad collingwood fans,

this beautiful brave girl at only 22 was upset she lied to her mum, she told her mum she had 2-4 weeks to live, when in reality the doctors told her 2-4 days..... think about that for a minute. how do you deal with that? at any age? yet she just wanted to spare her mum any more pain...

RIP Kelly, 1 in a million

https://www.facebook.com/Kellys-Story-602742033155821/?fref=ts&ref=br_tf

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:56 am

think positive wrote:
story popped up in my feed, i already know the story, as i know the mother from netball and school, and remember the daughter, these kids went to school with my kids, Kelly was older, but i remember her....

The mother in the story, Tracey, was very involved with the kids in Buckleys brigade, they are all mad collingwood fans,

this beautiful brave girl at only 22 was upset she lied to her mum, she told her mum she had 2-4 weeks to live, when in reality the doctors told her 2-4 days..... think about that for a minute. how do you deal with that? at any age? yet she just wanted to spare her mum any more pain...

Thanks for sharing that, I saw this in my newsfeed awhile ago and liked the page and was reading through all the posts made. I cannot imagine how hard it would have been at 22 to be told she had cancer and only so long to live.

I've been reading the posts again, still a very heartbreaking thing to read on there.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:15 am

The Prototype wrote:
think positive wrote:

Thanks for sharing that, I saw this in my newsfeed awhile ago and liked the page and was reading through all the posts made. I cannot imagine how hard it would have been at 22 to be told she had cancer and only so long to live.

I've been reading the posts again, still a very heartbreaking thing to read on there.

Cheers mate, really makes you grateful for healthy kids...and in deed, your own health. Xx

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:46 pm

My uncle - mums brother died today Sad

He was the youngest and the only boy - mum just keeps saying it's the end of an era - it was alway Rose , Ada and John - he had myeloma (man blood disorders seem to be genetic for us mob somewhat ironic given my speciality)

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:22 am

Morrigu wrote:

He was the youngest and the only boy - mum just keeps saying it's the end of an era - it was alway Rose , Ada and John - he had myeloma (man blood disorders seem to be genetic for us mob somewhat ironic given my speciality)

Hugs honey xxxx
RIP John xx

partypie 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:37 am

Morrigu wrote:

Sympathy to you and your mum, brothers and uncles are special
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:27 am

My beloved little girl, Tukky the poodle , has gone missing. I let her out when Boom went to get her son out of a sort of junior prison (he is 13) and when Boom got home she asked where she was. Not that much of a problem in Oz but in Thailand it is. Dognapped, slaughtered or just run over and her body dumped. We can't sleep. Her puppy who lives next door is also distraught, where is Mum and playfriend. We live in a very small cul de sac but the Thais, and europeans drive like idiots. hopefully she just got lost and someone has taken her in.

Come home darling, we miss you.Be a lot of walking in the next few days otherwise.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:33 am

ronrat wrote:
My beloved little girl, Tukky the poodle , has gone missing. I let her out when Boom went to get her son out of a sort of junior prison (he is 13) and when Boom got home she asked where she was. Not that much of a problem in Oz but in Thailand it is. Dognapped, slaughtered or just run over and her body dumped. We can't sleep. Her puppy who lives next door is also distraught, where is Mum and playfriend. We live in a very small cul de sac but the Thais, and europeans drive like idiots. hopefully she just got lost and someone has taken her in.

Come home darling, we miss you.Be a lot of walking in the next few days otherwise.

I hope you find her safe, or someone who will care for her took her in, what they do to dogs over there is bloody disgusting, good luck, and walk walk walk, find her
Xxx

ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:13 am

Got Tukky back. I walked past the pet grooming place we use and the owner saw her walking along the road. So he called her over and locked her up. He wanted nothing so I got him some bottles of Chang and will get him a lottery ticket. I won't kiss him as he bats for the other side.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:18 am

ronrat wrote:
Got Tukky back. I walked past the pet grooming place we use and the owner saw her walking along the road. So he called her over and locked her up. He wanted nothing so I got him some bottles of Chang and will get him a lottery ticket. I won't kiss him as he bats for the other side.

Awesome! Make sure you keep her in now, scary xxxxx

(U can kiss him, he might not fancy you! If he does, well, when you get older it's nice being noticed no matter by who!)

Cheers!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 11 of 70   

Jump to: