Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What excites you about 2015

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MOTR 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:33 am
Post subject: What excites you about 2015Reply with quote

Not exactly excited by losing Beams and Harry, but certainly excited by us picking up DeGoey, Crisp and Varcoe in the swings and roundabouts. Moore, Scharenberg, DeGoey, Broomhead and Freeman look like specials. Shame we have to wait for Scharenberg to get a good run at it.

Looking forward to Sinclair and Oxley getting a good crack, and with any luck Brown will get an opportunity to build on his premiership form. With Frost and Keeffe showing some talent it's easy to see Reid slotting into the forward line.

Which bring me to what I'm most excited about, a fit Reid slotting into the forward line and creating some space for Cloke. I believed this was the key last year, but it never eventuated.

Last edited by MOTR on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

For me DeGoey and Maynard of the newies. Dont want to see much of Moore.
Broomy and Jamie of the oldies.
MOTR 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:07 am

CarringbushCigar wrote:
For me DeGoey and Maynard of the newies. Dont want to see much of Moore.
Broomy and Jamie of the oldies.

Is it just me or do others see a touch of Millane in the way he carries himself on the football field.

If I lived in Melbourne I'd be excited about getting down to Victoria Park this season.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:09 am

I'm excited to see what the Broom brings, I just hope the Broom won't ne needed.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
laird 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:46 am
Post subject: Re: What excites you about 2015Reply with quote

MOTR wrote:
Not exactly excited by losing Beams and Harry, but certainly excited by us picking up DeGoey, Crisp and Varcoe in the swings and roundabouts. Moore, Scharenberg, DeGoey, Broomhead and Freeman look like specials. Shame we have to wait for Scharenberg to get a good run at it.

Looking forward to Sinclair and Oxley getting a good crack, and with any luck Brown will get an opportunity to build on his premiership form. With Frost and Keeffe showing some talent it's easy to see Reid slotting into the forward line.

Which bring me to what I'm most excited about, a fit Reid slotting into the forward line and creating some space for Cloke. I believed this was the key last year, but it never eventuated.

ALL of this!
Add in the continued improvement of a young talented ruck duo of Grundy and Witts ( first use of the ball is vital if we are to climb higher).
A fully fit Swan and Cloke.

Broomhead's progress- This kid will rise to the top rapidly.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:34 am

I can't recall a year where we've had so many strongly built and tough new players close to senior selection.

However, I really think our teams improvement will come from the rise and rise of Grundy and Witts. We are blessed in having the 2 most promising young ruckman in the comp. Once they begin to blossom we will become genuine contenders once again.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:40 am

Our own g ablett........broomhead, but no pressure lad.
The rest of the newbies need another injury free season
To consolidate there potential.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:43 am

RudeBoy wrote:
I can't recall a year where we've had so many strongly built and tough new players close to senior selection.

However, I really think our teams improvement will come from the rise and rise of Grundy and Witts. We are blessed in having the 2 most promising young ruckman in the comp. Once they begin to blossom we will become genuine contenders once again.

Agree, theirs is the critical development that needs occur, everything else falls into place after that.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:58 am

jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Agree, theirs is the critical development that needs occur, everything else falls into place after that.

Totally agree. However the process of development will take longer than just the one season in 2015.

Some posters here blaming Buckley for the process taking time are stupid.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:59 am

I also am on the Broomhead like as I watched GWS
v Pies hightlights yesterday and his
goals were electric

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:21 pm

I'm not in the slightest excited at the prospect of Reid playing forward. Don't get me wrong here, I reckon Reed + Cloke + a medium + Elliott + a couple of other smalls + midfielders drifting forward = a great forward setup, and Reid is the key to it. But I've given up on hoping that Reid can get fit enough for long enough to play that role. It might still happen, but I've stopped feeling excited about it.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:32 pm

What excites me for 2015?

Elliott, assuming he gets plenty of forward time and isn't used as just another midfielder.

Broomhead. The lad oozes class and is ready to make the first-choice 22 and stay there.

Witts. Witts will come of age this year and start dominating. Not every week, not every time, but often enough to make a big difference.

Scharenberg. I liked the cut of his jib from day 1, and I can't wait to see the best of him - which sadly wont be this year as a knee reco takes forever to recover fully from, but he has enough class to do better than OK even so.

Adams. It is sacrilege to say we won't miss the great Luke Ball, but nevertheless true: Adams is the real deal.

Frost and Keeffe: they have enough experience now, they are fit, Keeffe is no longer first year back from a knee reco, time for them to become our unquestioned starting key backmen. Sorry Nathan Brown, you are third in line and if you want your old job back you are going to need to show us something special.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:41 pm

Looking forward to seeing the yank play.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:59 pm

Broomy has it all before him with the opening up of the senior ranks, he's certainly good enough - and then some - for the job.

Freeman is an almost sure fire injection this coming season, has shown his class and desire now he is in a similar situation to Broomy with the senior clear out - he can come in and make a spot his own with the right stuff.

Witts will start doing more than being competitive in the ruck and he showed enough glimpses late last year to imply he can start having some sort of an impact around the ground.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Broomhead reminds me of Didak but with an inside game as well
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: