Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pay TV & watching AFL / Collingwood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you getting, not getting, ceasing pay TV?
Do you have other forms of visual media to watch live AFL such as T Box?
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Did you cease pay TV last year?
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Are you considering ceasing pay TV this year?
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
I will not be getting pay TV at all (ever) as far as I know
23%
 23%  [ 15 ]
Are you considering getting a form of Pay TV this year (2015)
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
I have pay TV & will not be changing this
64%
 64%  [ 42 ]
Total Votes : 65

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:26 pm
Post subject: Pay TV & watching AFL / CollingwoodReply with quote

Last year (2014) I put up a poll regarding Pay TV & watching footy.

The Poll FWIW showed that:

1. 94 Nicksters polled
2. 83 Replied
3. 5300 Viewed it.

4. 6% would get pay TV if more games go to pay TV,
5. 22% will never get pay TV,
6. 68% do have Pay TV,
7. 3% were (actively) considering ceasing their pay TV

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/posting.php?mode=newtopic&f=1&sid=5fec65c6adb7b1e90f25241b6e00564d

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was then & this is now & it is what it is. So moving forward Wink I thought it might be interesting to see if things have changed for Nicksters with respect to getting or not getting pay TV for footy purposes.

The questions in the poll relate to getting pay TV for footy not pay TV per se. I won't be getting pay TV for footy in 2015.

Cheers

WPT

skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got it because I live in Townsville, NQ. Keeps me up to date. I think anybody interstate , who is a footy nut/ Collingwood diehard would. Is your poll Vic based only?
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:45 pm

bastrads continued to take money from my cc after i had cancelled the service (and i was out of contract). i rang them three months in a row, each time they assured me they would stop. They then said they would refund the money. It never appeared. i called them again - the 'credit' department had converted my refund into a credit when i decided to get foxtel back.

Which will be NEVER.

this outfit are thieves.

a carlscum supporter walks into a 7/11. steals a snickers and goes into the pokie. foxtel rip people blind for years and get a warm feeling.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:53 pm

skaman wrote:
Ive got it because I live in Townsville, NQ. Keeps me up to date. I think anybody interstate , who is a footy nut/ Collingwood diehard would. Is your poll Vic based only?

No, it's for anybody anywhere really. But I'm hearing you loudly. I probably did assume things though such as what the choices are for folks who live in places like FNQ.

Tannin for example in regional Vic listens to the game on radio & won't be getting it despite being in Vic. I live in Melbourne & can only get to about 6-8 games a year if that & won't be getting pay TV: I just can't justify the expenditure to get all the associated crap on Pay TV.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:07 am

I just get the live app for all our non FTA games, had to many bad experiences with Foxtel.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:09 am

Defender wrote:
I just get the live app for all our non FTA games, had to many bad experiences with Foxtel.

Do you connect your app to a TV screen?

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:24 am

watt price tully wrote:
Defender wrote:

Nah not as yet, Pretty sure I need a dongle to do that, haven't got around to getting one yet.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:54 am

Just so people can make informed comment, the host broadcaster for each match can be found on the AFL website here: http://www.afl.com.au/fixture?teamId=CD_T40

Regarding Collingwood matches: Foxtel is host broadcaster for 6 matches. Chan.7 is host broadcaster for 16 matches.

Of the first 7 Collingwood matches of the season, only one is hosted by Foxtel. These are matches against Brisbane, St.Kilda, Essendon, Carlton, Geelong and Richmond - all these are free-to-air on Chan. 7.

Closing off the season, in Rnds 19 to 22, are four consecutive Collingwood matches all free-to-air on Chan. 7: against Carlton, Sydney, Richmond and Geelong.

The host broadcaster for the final match in Rnd 23 against Essendon has yet to be decided by the AFL (kind of think the AFL might be waiting for, shall we say, 'developments').
partypie 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:54 am

I have foxtel on the go on my iPad courtesy of a relatives foxtel subscription - he will never use it. I love it.

The afl app is pretty reliable and I'll watch a game on it. I have even watched a game on an iPhone but it is a bit punishing on the eyes
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:24 am

watt price tully wrote:
Defender wrote:

i knew there was a hidden agenda. Wink

i had foxtel. got rid of it when i moved. had a dreadful time trying to disconnect and get credits refunded to me. they could only offer the refund as a cheque because all my payments were bpay. who the f stills deals in cheques. learnt that it does not pay to be a good citizen, pay by bpay and always ensure your account is in credit.

is there an internet only subscription available? is that what telstra's t box is? foxtel get $%$ed as far as i am concerned. will look to the afl subscription for my footy fix.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:10 am

Woods wrote:
Just so people can make informed comment, the host broadcaster for each match can be found on the AFL website here: http://www.afl.com.au/fixture?teamId=CD_T40

Regarding Collingwood matches: Foxtel is host broadcaster for 6 matches. Chan.7 is host broadcaster for 16 matches.

Of the first 7 Collingwood matches of the season, only one is hosted by Foxtel. These are matches against Brisbane, St.Kilda, Essendon, Carlton, Geelong and Richmond - all these are free-to-air on Chan. 7.

Closing off the season, in Rnds 19 to 22, are four consecutive Collingwood matches all free-to-air on Chan. 7: against Carlton, Sydney, Richmond and Geelong.

The host broadcaster for the final match in Rnd 23 against Essendon has yet to be decided by the AFL (kind of think the AFL might be waiting for, shall we say, 'developments').

Sorry but that is Melbourne viewers only
Interstate viewers get shafted. In Qld when Brions or GC are playing they are on 7 Collingwood will be on pay per view.
Different teams but same effect for other states.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:07 am

I have Foxtel, have had it for years and will be keeping it.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:39 am

stui magpie wrote:

Me too. I'm very obviously in the minority on Nick's because I love pay TV and hardly ever watch the crap on free to air. I find the crime, geographical and news channels the best with heaps of interesting documentaries. My son loves the comedy channel.
To each their own but I find the criticism of pay TV confusing to say the least, especially if the only other alternative is bloody free to air crap.

Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:53 am

skaman wrote:

Ditto to what Skaman said!

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:21 pm

stui magpie wrote:
same here Stui, can't beat it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: