Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Likely new faces round one

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:40 pm
Post subject: Likely new faces round oneReply with quote

Like many of my fellow Nicksters I'm bored waiting for the footy to begin, so I thought i'd start a new thread. I'm not looking for our starting 22 for round one, but rather just the new faces most likely to line-up. Fwiw, while I realise it's highly unlikely we'd blood so many new players first up, I'd like to see the following in our team in round one:

Varcoe
Greenwood
Karnezis
Freeman
Crisp
Moore
De Goey
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:35 pm
Post subject: Re: Likely new faces round oneReply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Like many of my fellow Nicksters I'm bored waiting for the footy to begin, so I thought i'd start a new thread. I'm not looking for our starting 22 for round one, but rather just the new faces most likely to line-up. Fwiw, while I realise it's highly unlikely we'd blood so many new players first up, I'd like to see the following in our team in round one:

Varcoe
Greenwood
Karnezis
Freeman
Crisp
Moore
De Goey

for me, only varcoe and greenwood. freeman is an outside chance. unless we have a disastrous preseason campaign and sustain a number of injuries.

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce I'm bored too. I think we need Varcoe and Greenwood at Round 1. I am hoping and half expecting Freeman and Karnezis too, but I realise they are going to need no interruptions from here on and plenty of match time in the scratch matches and at least two praccy matches to be risked.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:07 pm

John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Varcoe
Greenwood
Karnezis
Freeman
Crisp
Moore
De Goey

for me, only varcoe and greenwood. freeman is an outside chance. unless we have a disastrous preseason campaign and sustain a number of injuries.

Pretty much. From our "best" team, vacoe in for Harry on a wing and Greenwood in for Beams in the guts.

Also depends on who of the newbies bash the door down during the NAB cup I suppose.

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:35 pm

Cory Gault's not exactly a new face but he's big and powerful and played a better than decent last game last season.
If Reids not going to line up in Rd 1 (my money's on not) Gault could be a handy forward option even if it's just taking the pressure off Cloke.
mavs5 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:41 pm

I think that Maynard will be the Tom Langdon of 2014 and play in round 1.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:43 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Varcoe
Greenwood
Karnezis
Freeman
Crisp
Moore
De Goey

I have Doubts on Crisp,Moore and Karnezis being in RD 1 AFL Side.

Think Crisp, Moore and Karnezis needs VFL Performance before they get games.

Moore might be given less AFL time so his body does not get Beaten up by bigger AFL KPF’s/KPD's

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:49 pm

If Moore lines up in the Seniors for Round 1, I would interpret that as no chance of finals and rebuilding is in full swing.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:51 pm

Culprit wrote:
If Moore lines up in the Seniors for Round 1, I would interpret that as no chance of finals and rebuilding is in full swing.

I would not think that but it would say we have no 2nd Tall Forward other then Moore.

Would you Play Gault ahead of Moore?

Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:00 pm

Crisp (depending on pre season form) could make the cut I reckon. Sending him out against his former club could be a temptation. Varcoe & Greenwood will play unless preseason is interrupted/unimpressive. Maynard & De Goey outside chances. Hard to tell at this stage, but wouldn't be surprised by any of those inclusions. If Gault shows anything during pre season, he would be hard to resist, as he was very impressive on debut.
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:03 pm

Oh, and as for Freeman? Very likely starter. Also with Moore's competitive spirit and leadership, he might just debut as well.
Plenty of water to pass under the Swanny St bridge til then however.

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:25 pm

Good on you RB for starting this thread!!

The lack of movement on Nicks has been unsettling for me in recent weeks.

All of the players you mentioned are hopefuls for me too plus Gault.

Getting a little worried about Grundy's tank. Hopefully Gault can step up and do some ruckwork if Brody cant cover the ground.

Stupied 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:41 pm

Culprit wrote:

If Reid is injured he's the next in line imo. Doubt they would waste a rookie upgrade on Gault when they have an infinitely more talented prospect they can blood.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:04 pm

magpieazza wrote:
Good on you RB for starting this thread!!

The lack of movement on Nicks has been unsettling for me in recent weeks.

All of the players you mentioned are hopefuls for me too plus Gault.

Getting a little worried about Grundy's tank. Hopefully Gault can step up and do some ruckwork if Brody cant cover the ground.

His ruck work came on in quantum leaps with Hudsons tutelage, here's hoping he continues to improve.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:09 pm

Not sure why there is too much hesitation in playing Jack Crisp if he plays well in the NAB. He has already played senior games for Brisbane. If he is in form during the NAB, I would have him in there.
I don't know about De Goey and/or Moore at this stage: I would have thought that these two need to develop some more.
Naturally, Greenwood and Varcoe will play, all going well in the preseason. And I would expect Nathan Freeman as well, who was being geared up to play last year.
As for Karnezis, again a senior player. If he has a really sound preseason, and plays well in the NAB, I don/t see why he would not be in contention to play either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: