Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2015 The final eight

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
Funny how posters accept your valid opinion but question my opinion when we both are making pure guesses based on our own views!! Razz

My problem is purely and solely with some posters here who (in my opinion purposely) have unrealistically high expectations of Collingwood (making the top 4 even) and then blaming Buck's when their opinion is found out to be extremely wrong... Evil or Very Mad Mad They HAVE to blame anyone else (usually Bucks and the Club) instead of having a great big look in the damn mirror and admitting that their expectations were false. It's like me stating unrealistically that I can drive to Melbourne from Bendigo in an hour and then blaming the traffic cops for causing delays by catching me speeding Rolling Eyes

I really fear that this season will see Buck's being vilified, victimised and maligned by these shit stirrers for doing the right thing, getting the mighty 'pies back on track with a young team full of potential to achieve success incrementally from 2016 onwards, probably peaking in 2018 or 2019.

I know the game of the shit stirrers but I hope to educate others of these nonsensical postings of the usual suspects stating that they think Collingwood will make the top 4 or top 8 in 2015. I have no problems with their opinions, I just have a problem with them blaming Bucks and the rest (Eddie, Pert etc) once their unrealistic expectations are not realised. All this does is cause trouble at Collingwood due to utter bloody impatience.

I must be missing something... people will naturally be more accepting of views that align with their own while challenging those that differ.... it's not a personal attack (for most of us anyway).

And I don't think most posters are naive enough to warrant education, we know who they are, we have a good idea how things will develop if things aren't up to expectations. Personally, I just ignore the majority of what they write.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:21 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
Lazz regarding expectations and blame, it's the same over on the BigFooty site where I am a longtime lurker - can't stand some of their more negative posters so I don't post.

In particular there are a few that have been after Buckley's hide since before he officially took the reigns. I've followed the Pies since forever and remember all too many years when we came close but no cigar. The problem with Collingwood supporters in the main is we have this tendency to enshrine young and talented players as up and coming superstars. There is talent on our list but it's yet to manifest on field for a variety of reasons, cheifly of course our horrendous injury run and the immense movements of ancilliary and coaching / fitness / medical staff.

I am excited about where we appear to be heading with a stronger / faster / better ball using class of recruit in the last few years but excitement needs to be realistic.

For me that means a place in the bottom of the final 8 - 6th, 7th or 8th - if we have a better year with injuries. Contending for 4th position is a very remote possibility indeed - everything would need to click for us and a couple of strong top 4 contenders need to have years such as we have had lately with injuries / disruptions.

It's not out of the question but something that shouldn't be expected.

Agree, but equally, if it takes another 12 months then it takes another 12 months.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:44 pm

jackcass wrote:
droversdog65 wrote:
Lazz regarding expectations and blame, it's the same over on the BigFooty site where I am a longtime lurker - can't stand some of their more negative posters so I don't post.

In particular there are a few that have been after Buckley's hide since before he officially took the reigns. I've followed the Pies since forever and remember all too many years when we came close but no cigar. The problem with Collingwood supporters in the main is we have this tendency to enshrine young and talented players as up and coming superstars. There is talent on our list but it's yet to manifest on field for a variety of reasons, cheifly of course our horrendous injury run and the immense movements of ancilliary and coaching / fitness / medical staff.

I am excited about where we appear to be heading with a stronger / faster / better ball using class of recruit in the last few years but excitement needs to be realistic.

For me that means a place in the bottom of the final 8 - 6th, 7th or 8th - if we have a better year with injuries. Contending for 4th position is a very remote possibility indeed - everything would need to click for us and a couple of strong top 4 contenders need to have years such as we have had lately with injuries / disruptions.

Agree, but equally, if it takes another 12 months then it takes another 12 months.

Sure Jackass you can't hurry fate lol.

I am rather more certain of a much improved performance in our good games (injuries allowing) but like any realist expect there to be flat spots until our kids gain enough experience. I imagine where we finish will mostly be governed not by how high we can soar in our good games but how hard we fight to limit the damage of our poor games.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:40 pm

jackcass wrote:
droversdog65 wrote:

Then you too should strongly disagree with those posters who want Buckley sacked if the 'pies don't make the finals in 2015. Idea

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:02 pm

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
droversdog65 wrote:

Then you too should strongly disagree with those posters who want Buckley sacked if the 'pies don't make the finals in 2015. Idea

It's their opinion Laz, just as entitled to it as you or I to ours, nothing you or I say will shift them from their chosen path so why waste the time and effort.
Magpiebill 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:51 am

My tip for the eight (in no particular order):

Collingwood, Port Adelaide, Hawthorn, Sydney, Freo, Gold Coast, Adelaide, North Melbourne.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:16 am

Port has been coming for a few years now and I think they are going to finish top. Hawks, Swans and Freo have some old talent that they are heavily reliant upon but they are still very talented. Ultimately Port to beat Hawks in the GF.

Richmond and North made it to the finals but never looked that comfortable -I don' see them being genuine contenders... OK kangas beat Cats but they are on the way down and were vulnerable.

I think the Pies and Bummbers will sneak in , however as others noted GC and Tigers will be up there also strongly competing, along with Adelaide and Eagles with their strong home games record.

My Ladder...

Port
Hawks
Swans
Freo
Kangas
Cats
Pies
Bummers

Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:29 am

Crystal ball - Pies 3rd to 6th this year, two flags within five years following providing injuries aren't major.

Freeman, Adams, Josh Thomas stepping up to combine with Pendles, Greenwood, Swan, Sidey and co with the menacing grunt work and development of young big men Reg Grundy and Wittsy coming to the fore. Witts up forward with Cloke and Reid is going to cause massive headaches.

De Goey and later Scharenberg will impact too. And a future combination of Maynard and Williams tearing things up, hurting others and penetrating from the back flanks will be a delight to watch.

Wildcards to catch them off guard will be the emergence of Broomy and inclusion of Karnezis (in a Gunston type role) up forward. Cloke to kick 70 as Reid comes good with injury.

X-Factor surprise could be Marsh. Time will tell. Otherwise Varcoe just may slip in with three or four handy years as a 20-30 goal forward/back flanker/relief midfielder.

There is a noticeable big dose of toughness, class and pace heaving its way in to our list. Beware the Pies.

Magpiebill 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:13 pm

yin-YANG wrote:

My Ladder...

Port
Hawks
Swans
Freo
Kangas
Cats
Pies
Bummers

Gee thanks Ying-Yang, I forgot all about the Peptides when I did my final eight. Laughing

But I'm glad to see you have the Pies in there. They are good things for the finals I reckon.

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:34 pm

Magpiebill wrote:
yin-YANG wrote:

My Ladder...

Port
Hawks
Swans
Freo
Kangas
Cats
Pies
Bummers

Gee thanks Ying-Yang, I forgot all about the Peptides when I did my final eight. Laughing

But I'm glad to see you have the Pies in there. They are good things for the finals I reckon.

Hird's team of dopers will be toast in a few days. Judgement Day is probably Tuesday
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:25 pm

Woods wrote:
Magpiebill wrote:
yin-YANG wrote:

My Ladder...

Port
Hawks
Swans
Freo
Kangas
Cats
Pies
Bummers

Hird's team of dopers will be toast in a few days. Judgement Day is probably Tuesday

Hope so.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:52 pm

Podpicken wrote:
Crystal ball - Pies 3rd to 6th this year, two flags within five years following providing injuries aren't major.

Freeman, Adams, Josh Thomas stepping up to combine with Pendles, Greenwood, Swan, Sidey and co with the menacing grunt work and development of young big men Reg Grundy and Wittsy coming to the fore. Witts up forward with Cloke and Reid is going to cause massive headaches.

De Goey and later Scharenberg will impact too. And a future combination of Maynard and Williams tearing things up, hurting others and penetrating from the back flanks will be a delight to watch.

Wildcards to catch them off guard will be the emergence of Broomy and inclusion of Karnezis (in a Gunston type role) up forward. Cloke to kick 70 as Reid comes good with injury.

X-Factor surprise could be Marsh. Time will tell. Otherwise Varcoe just may slip in with three or four handy years as a 20-30 goal forward/back flanker/relief midfielder.

There is a noticeable big dose of toughness, class and pace heaving its way in to our list. Beware the Pies.

Like your prediction, and it's possible, but I think the clock on it will start in 2016, not 2015. Nice to be wrong, of course.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:23 am

Looking forward to this year, luck goes our way, I'm confident of a good start, dropping of as the kids tire. But I still think we will play finals. Look at the clock it's 2009!
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:07 am

jackcass wrote:
Woods wrote:
Magpiebill wrote:
yin-YANG wrote:

My Ladder...

Port
Hawks
Swans
Freo
Kangas
Cats
Pies
Bummers

Hope so.

From what I've gathered over the past month or so of reports made, if you're looking for blood I think you'll be disappointed. I doubt ASADA has enough solid evidence.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:27 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Woods wrote:
Magpiebill wrote:
yin-YANG wrote:

My Ladder...

Port
Hawks
Swans
Freo
Kangas
Cats
Pies
Bummers

Hope so.

From what I've gathered over the past month or so of reports made, if you're looking for blood I think you'll be disappointed. I doubt ASADA has enough solid evidence.

Look I don't know if I'll be right or wrong but I have been saying for years that nothing of significance or consequence will happen to Essendon or their players. Just the way the current system works, especially if you have the vast money to spend on QC's....... Rolling Eyes

Move on, there'll be nothing to see here...... Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: