Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2015 The final eight

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Lazza, how many games has Buckley won this year? None. Zip. Nada. Zero. Zilch. He clearly has to go.

Laughing Laughing Embarassed

Very Happy Embarassed took me a minute though! Tanin you keep slippen them through just like Warny.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:10 am

Mossi wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Lazza, how many games has Buckley won this year? None. Zip. Nada. Zero. Zilch. He clearly has to go.

Very Happy Embarassed took me a minute though! Tanin you keep slippen them through just like Warny.

Good one dude!! Razz

However, it will NOT be me calling for Buck's head midway through the season but I will bet you that at least one or two of the usual suspects will be doing this when the ultimate realisation that we are not a top 8 team this year hits home. Their own bloody stupidity with having unrealistically high expectations with over estimating Collingwood will be transferred to the "sack Bucks" thought process. Just you watch, wait and see... Rolling Eyes

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:16 pm

Can you do some research to comfirm your theseis... at least crunch the numbers...

- Nicks posters who have long had a sack Bucks mentality but have high expectations of 2015
- Nicks posters who have long had a sack Bucks mentality and don't have high expectations of 2015
- Nicks posters who have long had a sack Bucks mentality but have high expectations of 2015 but are realistic that it may not occur
- Nicks posters who don't have a sack Bucks mentality but have high expectations of 2015
- Nicks posters who don't have a sack Bucks mentality and don't have high expectations of 2015
- Nicks posters who don't have a sack Bucks mentality but have high expectations of 2015 but are realistic that it may not occur

just so we know what to expect...
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:18 pm

jackcass wrote:
Can you do some research to comfirm your theseis... at least crunch the numbers...

- Nicks posters who have long had a sack Bucks mentality but have high expectations of 2015
- Nicks posters who have long had a sack Bucks mentality and don't have high expectations of 2015
- Nicks posters who have long had a sack Bucks mentality but have high expectations of 2015 but are realistic that it may not occur
- Nicks posters who don't have a sack Bucks mentality but have high expectations of 2015
- Nicks posters who don't have a sack Bucks mentality and don't have high expectations of 2015
- Nicks posters who don't have a sack Bucks mentality but have high expectations of 2015 but are realistic that it may not occur

Since I have been here since 2003, I kinda don’t need to do active research as my experience here is sufficient to know what to expect. I would have thought that even you would have worked it out by now. Rolling Eyes

The vast majority of the usual shit stirrers here are:-

- Nicks posters who have long had a sack Bucks mentality but have UNREALISTICALLY high expectations of 2015

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:36 pm

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Since I have been here since 2003, I kinda don’t need to do active research as my experience here is sufficient to know what to expect. I would have thought that even you would have worked it out by now. Rolling Eyes

The vast majority of the usual shit stirrers here are:-

- Nicks posters who have long had a sack Bucks mentality but have UNREALISTICALLY high expectations of 2015

So you think we should just believe you...

But isn't that what those Nicks posters with unrealistic expectations are saying...

Hmmmm... Rolling Eyes Shocked Very Happy
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:33 pm

Lazza wrote:
Mossi wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Good one dude!! Razz

However, it will NOT be me calling for Buck's head midway through the season but I will bet you that at least one or two of the usual suspects will be doing this when the ultimate realisation that we are not a top 8 team this year hits home. Their own bloody stupidity with having unrealistically high expectations with over estimating Collingwood will be transferred to the "sack Bucks" thought process. Just you watch, wait and see... Rolling Eyes

You know I'll be calling for blood, this season is Buckleys 4th and we need to see some results now, no more excuses, if at the halfway mark of the season finals look impossible/improbable we need to start looking for our next coach then.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:38 pm

Smile I'm sure it won't.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:39 pm

jackcass wrote:
Top 4 to be Hawks, Swans, Port, and Cats.

Agree with some that the Cats are creeping slowly toward a slide but they recruited very well and that will buy them some extra time. Additionally, they'll get Vardy and Menzel back.

5-8 a tight tussle between Pies, North, Richmond, Essendon and GCS. Carlton, Adelaide and Freo outside chances.

Freo an outside chance? They're a good chance for the 4 and a lock for the 8

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:43 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
At the post season members' meeting, Bicklye and co admitted that we are not here to compete with Haw, Syd, Geel, Freo ... they are too match hardened and can run rings around our inexperience. It would be folly to recruit to stay mid table. We are building to compete with WB, GC, GWS, etc. Straight from the horse's moputh and a sound policy if you ask me. Our tilt was 2010-11-12, and we nearly nailed back-to-back. Too many retired / senior players to seriously remain a contender in immediate future, so draft and trade for an eye on 2016-17-18+.

I'm very comfortable with that summation; in fact its the best summary of the current state of affairs that I've read. Makes sense and gives hope!

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:09 pm

Lazza wrote:
Defender wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Defender wrote:
I'll be disappointed if we miss the 8.

Well I think you should get a few boxes of tissues ready then dude!

We will have a "GOOD" developmental/settling down/transformation year but won’t make the eight. I say realistically somewhere between 10 - 12th.
I can’t see how you can be disappointed if the club clearly shows that it is heading in the right direction with a young talented team gaining great experience all the time to achieve ultimate success in the future years. PATIENCE is what everyone here needs.

I highly doubt that if some posters here are made of the real stuff inside to be patient though.... Rolling Eyes

We missed the 8 by a game or so last year, a year where injuries weren't kind, our draw is easier this year.

Why won't we improve this year?

What has changed from last year to now?

I totally respect your opinion Defender. You make very good points and on the surface it seems bloody idiotic to disagree with you. However, my humble opinion is based on us having had an exodus of vast experience and talent and simultaneously having had an influx of amazing potential and highly skilled young players. This season is a testing ground for future efforts and successful achievements, not a season where we are an already well organised and highly experienced team destined to make the finals as a royal right.

I just have this gut feeling that this 2015 team MUST be given a chance to gel together as a great team moving forward with high confidence, tremendous ability and plucky resolve. This type of transformation, which requires learning the game plan and adapting to team rules, tactics and new tricks takes time. It is not something that can happen overnight in an instant coffee type of solution. It takes practice, rehearsals and application over a period of time during a season.

Therefore my earnest belief is that the team will definitely develop in season 2015 but have a few setbacks, hiccups and let downs on the way as they learn. This might mean losing games they were favoured/expected to win or lose by heavy margins in games they were expected to just lose.

Look if I’m wrong, so be it, this post can be retrieved to embarrass me at the end of the season. However, my opinion based on the above is that we will improve as a young team but fall short of the finals.

Que sera sera………………………… Cool

Lay that groundwork early Lazza; I gotta feeling its gonna be a long year on Nicks......

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:36 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Top 4 to be Hawks, Swans, Port, and Cats.

Agree with some that the Cats are creeping slowly toward a slide but they recruited very well and that will buy them some extra time. Additionally, they'll get Vardy and Menzel back.

5-8 a tight tussle between Pies, North, Richmond, Essendon and GCS. Carlton, Adelaide and Freo outside chances.

Freo an outside chance? They're a good chance for the 4 and a lock for the 8

Time will tell.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:58 pm

Lazza wrote:

Just so, Lazza, bar two points:

1: Not all those with high expectations will call for the coach to be sacked if the seasons goes poorly. I certainly won't.

2: Who says those expectations are unrealistic? Young teams look like carp for ages and then they quite suddenly gel into powerhouses. It's seldom a gradual transition. Just as the decline of very strong teams does, it generally comes in a sudden rush. Look at Port last year for an example,. or even Richmond. And look at the way St Vomit went from Grand Finalists to Wooden Spooners almost overnight.

Most posters here reckon we will gel into a powerhouse side around about the start of 2016. Fair enough, but I'm tipping that it will be a bit sooner than that. I'm tipping that the likes of Broomhead, Witts, Williams, Elliott, and Adams will have break-out years, and I have my eye on Gault who just might be the answer up forward when you set him beside Varco and Elliott and Cloke.

Mind you, that presupposes that we have the balls to slot the best kids in and have faith in them to perform, rather than endlessly recycling tired not-quite-up-to-it seniors like White, Blair, and Young. In 2010 we cleaned out the not-quite-theres and look what happened. OK, we stole that one a year or two early, but we were a genuine top 4 side, make no mistake.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:48 am

Tannin wrote:
Lazza wrote:

1: Not all those with high expectations will call for the coach to be sacked if the seasons goes poorly. I certainly won't.

2: Who says those expectations are unrealistic? Young teams look like carp for ages and then they quite suddenly gel into powerhouses. It's seldom a gradual transition. Just as the decline of very strong teams does, it generally comes in a sudden rush. Look at Port last year for an example,. or even Richmond. And look at the way St Vomit went from Grand Finalists to Wooden Spooners almost overnight.

Most posters here reckon we will gel into a powerhouse side around about the start of 2016. Fair enough, but I'm tipping that it will be a bit sooner than that. I'm tipping that the likes of Broomhead, Witts, Williams, Elliott, and Adams will have break-out years, and I have my eye on Gault who just might be the answer up forward when you set him beside Varco and Elliott and Cloke.

Mind you, that presupposes that we have the balls to slot the best kids in and have faith in them to perform, rather than endlessly recycling tired not-quite-up-to-it seniors like White, Blair, and Young. In 2010 we cleaned out the not-quite-theres and look what happened. OK, we stole that one a year or two early, but we were a genuine top 4 side, make no mistake.

Good work Tannin, I'm inclined to think supporters from both extremes are being influenced more by emotion than common sense - not that emotion is out of place being a supporter lol.

So long as we have a better year with injuries - PLEASE Murphy give us a break FFS! - then I can see us being thereabouts and finishing in the 6 - 8th area. If things slot into place and other results fall for us it's possible for us to be challenging for 4th but that is a very remote chance dependent on factors outside our control and better than average improvement in younger players - which CAN happen as witness our 2010 side.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:06 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Lazza wrote:

Good work Tannin, I'm inclined to think supporters from both extremes are being influenced more by emotion than common sense - not that emotion is out of place being a supporter lol.

So long as we have a better year with injuries - PLEASE Murphy give us a break FFS! - then I can see us being thereabouts and finishing in the 6 - 8th area. If things slot into place and other results fall for us it's possible for us to be challenging for 4th but that is a very remote chance dependent on factors outside our control and better than average improvement in younger players - which CAN happen as witness our 2010 side.

Funny how posters accept your valid opinion but question my opinion when we both are making pure guesses based on our own views!! Razz

My problem is purely and solely with some posters here who (in my opinion purposely) have unrealistically high expectations of Collingwood (making the top 4 even) and then blaming Buck's when their opinion is found out to be extremely wrong... Evil or Very Mad Mad They HAVE to blame anyone else (usually Bucks and the Club) instead of having a great big look in the damn mirror and admitting that their expectations were false. It's like me stating unrealistically that I can drive to Melbourne from Bendigo in an hour and then blaming the traffic cops for causing delays by catching me speeding Rolling Eyes

I really fear that this season will see Buck's being vilified, victimised and maligned by these shit stirrers for doing the right thing, getting the mighty 'pies back on track with a young team full of potential to achieve success incrementally from 2016 onwards, probably peaking in 2018 or 2019.

I know the game of the shit stirrers but I hope to educate others of these nonsensical postings of the usual suspects stating that they think Collingwood will make the top 4 or top 8 in 2015. I have no problems with their opinions, I just have a problem with them blaming Bucks and the rest (Eddie, Pert etc) once their unrealistic expectations are not realised. All this does is cause trouble at Collingwood due to utter bloody impatience.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:40 pm

Lazz regarding expectations and blame, it's the same over on the BigFooty site where I am a longtime lurker - can't stand some of their more negative posters so I don't post.

In particular there are a few that have been after Buckley's hide since before he officially took the reigns. I've followed the Pies since forever and remember all too many years when we came close but no cigar. The problem with Collingwood supporters in the main is we have this tendency to enshrine young and talented players as up and coming superstars. There is talent on our list but it's yet to manifest on field for a variety of reasons, cheifly of course our horrendous injury run and the immense movements of ancilliary and coaching / fitness / medical staff.

I am excited about where we appear to be heading with a stronger / faster / better ball using class of recruit in the last few years but excitement needs to be realistic.

For me that means a place in the bottom of the final 8 - 6th, 7th or 8th - if we have a better year with injuries. Contending for 4th position is a very remote possibility indeed - everything would need to click for us and a couple of strong top 4 contenders need to have years such as we have had lately with injuries / disruptions.

It's not out of the question but something that shouldn't be expected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: