Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

legalise medicinal cannabis

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should canabis be lagalised?
Yes, for medicinal purposes only
42%
 42%  [ 9 ]
Yes, for medicinal & recreational use
47%
 47%  [ 10 ]
No.
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 21

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Quality posting there Skids,
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:22 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
. And you should be able to buy hemp seed products, and not just for animals, good fats, high protein

Kingsbury Sunday market (coff)

Thanks! It costs me a fortune on line!

ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:39 pm

Tannin wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Smokers pay more in taxes than gets spent on their health care, I would assume alcohol taxes are the same.

Possibly. But I'll bet you Sydney to a brick that the (modest) tax take on alcohol doesn't go within paying for one tenth of the massive social cost of it in policing, courts, murders, fights, marriage breakups, child abuse, road deaths, and so on. Compared to all that, the medical costs are trivial.

They don't drink in places like Pakistan either but it doesn't stop them stoning women or dousing them with acid over dowry issues or adultery. In Afhganistan the child abuse is rife. Look whats happening in Syria. And if everyone in Australia stopped drinking, gambling and smoking in Australia for a week the treasury would have pups. As far as drink driving is concerned I think Australia can be pretty proud of its efforts in reducing by a considerable amount the carnage of 40 years ago. As an example Thailand has 20000 deaths a year on the roads and approximately half would be due to drink driving/riding. The Police are nowhere near as vigilant as the coppers in Oz.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:38 pm

Dr Ethan Russo wrote:

Cannabis is the single most versatile herbal remedy, and the most useful plant on earth. No other single plant contains as wide a range of medically active herbal constituents

http://www.gwpharm.com/cannabinoid-research-institute.aspx

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:04 pm

The rest of the world move forward .... http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/marijuana-legalization-appears-to-be-lock-for-michigans-2016-ballot/34340718

The recent focus on the meth problem reminds me of when this nasty stuff hit Australia, about 15 years ago from memory.

I've seen a fair few mates and others spiral into the abyss on this shit.

Random drug testing in the mining industry has aided the growth of the crystal destroyer. I saw so many people make meth their drug of choice due to its short detectability time in urine samples. The poor old pot smoker can have cannabinoids present in his urine for weeks. Meths detectability is gone within 24-48 hours.

The National Drug Strategy need to live up to their word and get proactive in making some real decisions NOW!

National Drug Strategy wrote:

Welcome
The National Drug Strategy, a cooperative venture between Australian, state and territory governments and the non-government sector, is aimed at improving health, social and economic outcomes for Australians by preventing the uptake of harmful drug use and reducing the harmful effects of licit and illicit drugs in our society.

http://www.nationaldrugstrategy.gov.au/

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:49 am

Finally.....

The Federal Government has announced it will legalise the growing of cannabis for medicinal purposes.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-17/federal-government-to-legalise-growing-of-medicinal-cannabis/6862294

Funding boost for cannabis research in Australia

Legalising medicinal cannabis has been met with resistance in Australia, but New South Wales is set to become the first state to start clinical trials next year.

The WA government has backed the move but will not declare support until the results are in.

Sydney University researchers studying medicinal cannabinoids today received a $34 million donation from businessman Barry Lambert.

Mr Lambert said he decided to make the donation after seeing his three-year-old granddaughter, who has epilepsy, benefit from the drug.

"She's been having medical cannabis for six or seven months now and it appears to be working wonders for her," he said.

"This condition is a debilitating one so it usually gets worse before it gets better, but in the last seven months she's never been so good.

"The only problem of course is we don't know exactly what it is, what the impacts might be in the long term etcetera, and that's why the research needs to be done.

"The funding will enable them to do things that hasn't happened around the world in part because of the stigma of marijuana."

The record-breaking donation will allow researchers to test the drug's affects on a range of conditions including epilepsy, cancer, dementia and chronic pain.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-12/wa-miners-move-on-medicinal-pot-plans/6543340
Cool

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:44 am

Good news. A bit of a no-brainer, but progress is always worthy of applause.
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:47 am

you druggos Razz
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:01 am

Legal marijuana is reportedly the fastest-growing industry in the US, according to The Huffington Post, with the market growing 74 per cent in 2014 to be worth $2.7 billion, up from $1.5 billion in 2013.

http://www.cairnspost.com.au/news/cairns/tablelands-pharmacy-sets-sights-on-medical-marijuana-business/story-fnkxmm0j-1227612956992

There's some money to be made here Nicksters!
MMJ PHYTOTECH LIMITED currently 30.5c.
With the rate we're finally moving forward on this, I can see this being a $1 share within 12 months. Stay tuned.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:06 am

If it was legal, I'd finally have a vice I could get behind.
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:47 pm

Skids wrote:
Legal marijuana is reportedly the fastest-growing industry in the US, according to The Huffington Post, with the market growing 74 per cent in 2014 to be worth $2.7 billion, up from $1.5 billion in 2013.

http://www.cairnspost.com.au/news/cairns/tablelands-pharmacy-sets-sights-on-medical-marijuana-business/story-fnkxmm0j-1227612956992

There's some money to be made here Nicksters!
MMJ PHYTOTECH LIMITED currently 30.5c.
With the rate we're finally moving forward on this, I can see this being a $1 share within 12 months. Stay tuned.

Pa POW!

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20151123/pdf/4336kbjwhyd0d0.pdf

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:04 pm

It is seriously brilliant for the nausea and anorexia associated with chemo - that I know as I have seen it

And from read reports seems to be pretty damn effectual against many forms of epilepsy especially for children so afflicted.

No brainer for me!!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:29 pm

My younger brother has recently been diagnosed with epilepsy. He'll probably be cured any minute at this rate... Confused
partypie 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:59 pm

A friends mum with terminal cancer is using a spray. She is not taking painkillers and her chronic arthritis for the first time in years is not bothering her.
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:30 am

David wrote:
My younger brother has recently been diagnosed with epilepsy. He'll probably be cured any minute at this rate... Confused

Maybe......

Sydney University researchers studying medicinal cannabinoids today received a $34 million donation from businessman Barry Lambert.

Mr Lambert said he decided to make the donation after seeing his three-year-old granddaughter, who has epilepsy, benefit from the drug.

"She's been having medical cannabis for six or seven months now and it appears to be working wonders for her," he said.

"This condition is a debilitating one so it usually gets worse before it gets better, but in the last seven months she's never been so good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: