Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

legalise medicinal cannabis

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should canabis be lagalised?
Yes, for medicinal purposes only
42%
 42%  [ 9 ]
Yes, for medicinal & recreational use
47%
 47%  [ 10 ]
No.
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 21

ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

2 plants per person to cultivate. Medical stuff done in say Tasmania for economic stimulus. The Australian Sex Party has had this on its platform for years.
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:49 am

Not sure what to answer, 'lagalised' does this mean to make canabis beer? If it does sure lets try it!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:40 am

Where I work I see too much drug induced psychosis & depression from good ol' cannabis. People smoke it at far too young an age these days. Back in the 60's & 70's people were a lot older when they first smoked dope

Medicinal use as David said is a no brainier.

Recreational should be decriminalized & probably legalised but with some provisos.

I'm basically the same for all so called "Illicit" drugs.

I believe we need to have safe injecting rooms, legalised heroin & control it's use

However I'm still baulking at Methamphetamines. Needs to be decriminalised to get the bikies & black market or who ever out of it's distribution & control.

Above all we need government to spend money on eduction programmes re drug use.

Having said that, let me say this: alcohol is still the worst & causes most damage & costs us as a community gazillions even though it's not illicit.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:23 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Where I work I see too much drug induced psychosis & depression from good ol' cannabis. People smoke it at far too young an age these days. Back in the 60's & 70's people were a lot older when they first smoked dope

Medicinal use as David said is a no brainier.

Recreational should be decriminalized & probably legalised but with some provisos.

I'm basically the same for all so called "Illicit" drugs.

I believe we need to have safe injecting rooms, legalised heroin & control it's use

However I'm still baulking at Methamphetamines. Needs to be decriminalised to get the bikies & black market or who ever out of it's distribution & control.

Above all we need government to spend money on eduction programmes re drug use.

Having said that, let me say this: alcohol is still the worst & causes most damage & costs us as a community gazillions even though it's not illicit.

And maybe because it's not illicit? It's 'ok' to get blotto whenever you want, no one bats an eye if you don't drive, or hit anyone, and sometimes not then.

I totally agree with all your comments

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:25 pm

watt price tully wrote:

Above all we need government to spend money

and there's the real issue!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:41 pm

For mine it's not as simple as some people seem to want to make it.

The stuff in Cannabis that is supposedly helpful as a medicinal treatment is apparently independent of the active ingredient that gets you high. The medical benefits can be gotten by extracting and ingesting a cannabinoid oil, you don't need to smoke a joint.

Also, with the amount of money being spent on telling people that even a single cigarette does you harm, we now want to legalise smoking a different kind of leaf Question Confused

For medical purposes, some more research is required into what exactly does provide benefits and what these are, and if it's all above board then by all means legalise it or extract the beneficial active ingredient and make that available.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:22 pm

^ While it may seem paradoxical, I think at least moving Cannabis into the same category as tobaccolegal, but heavily regulatedis the most sensible thing to do. It may seem like we as a society are moving in opposite directions on these issues, but it could actually be that we're getting close to achieving some consistency.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:34 pm

1061 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Above all we need government to spend money

and there's the real issue!

The Government has enough money. It just choses to spend it carelessly. The Government shouldn't be funding athletes (Olympics etc), art grants (sheesh!!), overseas fact finding missions (junkets) etc etc

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:05 pm

David wrote:
^ While it may seem paradoxical, I think at least moving Cannabis into the same category as tobaccolegal, but heavily regulatedis the most sensible thing to do. It may seem like we as a society are moving in opposite directions on these issues, but it could actually be that we're getting close to achieving some consistency.

The thing with that would be you'd need to make it seriously illegal to grow your own, same as tobacco is. At present, despite tobacco being legal and Cannabis being illegal, you'd get in more trouble if you got caught growing tobacco than dope. That's all about the tax revenue.

You would also need to treat it more like alcohol in that it's acceptable to use in some situations and unacceptable in others. Tobacco doesn't impair your ability to drive, operate machinery, make decisions etc, whereas booze and dope both do. It's not OK to grab a beer first thing in the morning and continue to knock them back all day, it's not OK to have a bong or joint for brekky and do it all day either.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:20 pm

Tokers I've spoken too are far more terrified of legalization and regulation that they are of the current set up. Pretty much as it is the cops don't give a shit unless you've got a hydro set up or a booby trapped field of the stuff. Your average, even heavy user just goes about their business.

If you get caught with a tobacco plant though, you've got the Federal Police all up in your shit and you're going to jail.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:32 pm

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:

The thing with that would be you'd need to make it seriously illegal to grow your own, same as tobacco is. At present, despite tobacco being legal and Cannabis being illegal, you'd get in more trouble if you got caught growing tobacco than dope. That's all about the tax revenue.

You would also need to treat it more like alcohol in that it's acceptable to use in some situations and unacceptable in others. Tobacco doesn't impair your ability to drive, operate machinery, make decisions etc, whereas booze and dope both do. It's not OK to grab a beer first thing in the morning and continue to knock them back all day, it's not OK to have a bong or joint for brekky and do it all day either.

Both fair points. I have to admit I didn't realise that it was illegal to grow tobacco plants; I presume that's a way to prevent black market production? If so, you'd think it'd be simple enough to make a legal distinction between quantities grown for personal use and commercial distribution (as there already is with cannabis in many jurisdictions).

I'm guessing Philip Morris's lawyers didnt spend too much time opposing this one...

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:35 pm

Who else would need to treat it more like alcohol in that it's acceptable to use in some situations and unacceptable in others ?
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:48 pm

Wokko wrote:
If you get caught with a tobacco plant though, you've got the Federal Police all up in your shit and you're going to jail.

I thought you were allowed to grow your own, just not to sell it.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:29 pm

SECTION 28 ONLY LICENSED PRODUCERS TO PRODUCE TOBACCO LEAF ETC.

28(1)

A person who does not hold a producer licence must not intentionally produce material that is tobacco seed, tobacco plant or tobacco leaf knowing, or being reckless as to whether, the material is tobacco seed, tobacco plant or tobacco leaf.

Penalty:

(a) for tobacco seed or tobacco plant-2 years imprisonment or 500 penalty units; and
(b) for tobacco leaf-2 years imprisonment or the greater of:

(i) 500 penalty units; and
(ii) 5 times the amount of duty, worked out under the regulations, being the duty that would be payable if the tobacco leaf had been manufactured into excisable goods and entered for home consumption on the penalty day.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:46 pm

^

Yep. Futterly ucked if you get caught growing Tobacco which is interesting in it's own right if it's all about the tax revenue on Tobacco as it's not illegal to brew your own beer or make your own wine, just to sell it without proper licences.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8   

Jump to: