Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What disunity?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

1061 wrote:
Do you think every club is 100% united?

Well Hawthorn have me bluffed, for one.
Lose their best player at end of 2013, lose their coach for part of 2014, half their backline, and still stroll to the 2014 premiership by 10+ goals.
100% united would be a fair assessment of their current state of affairs methinks.

Dyso
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:23 pm

Piedys such success isn't a gaurantee of total unity. In even the best run and most successful organizations in every field of human endeavour there are plotters and the perpetually discontented. Whilst conditions remain rosy they remain in the shadows but as soon as times start to get tough they'll come out of the woodwork and do their thing.

Hawthorn certainly have them, as does every team.

It's simply human nature.
rand corp 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:14 am

I think it was pretty common knowledge that despite denials Bux wasn't that happy with the way at least some of the so called rat pack went about a few things at training and among the playing group. Fact is, he may have also been a bit to close to them in that he played with them as a team mate before he was a their coach.

When it came time to do things Bux way it was either knuckle down or move on and only Swan remains, others reached retirement age and left gracefully, others had a bit of a sook bit didn't get redrafted to other clubs. Heater behaved like a spoiled, petulant brat and had to go in my opinion.

The fact is none of those guys were going to take us to another premiership after 2011/12 and it was time for most of them anyway.
We've recruited well and now its going to take a huge effort to get this new group up to a flag winning position, it will take a couple of years, that is why if B
rand corp 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:14 am

I think it was pretty common knowledge that despite denials Bux wasn't that happy with the way at least some of the so called rat pack went about a few things at training and among the playing group. Fact is, he may have also been a bit to close to them in that he played with them as a team mate before he was a their coach.

When it came time to do things Bux way it was either knuckle down or move on and only Swan remains, others reached retirement age and left gracefully, others had a bit of a sook bit didn't get redrafted to other clubs. Heater behaved like a spoiled, petulant brat and had to go in my opinion.

The fact is none of those guys were going to take us to another premiership after 2011/12 and it was time for most of them anyway.
We've recruited well and now its going to take a huge effort to get this new group up to a flag winning position. It is still going to take a couple of years just to see whose coming on and see if we are in with a shot in my view. Can't see us near a flag till 2017 myself but its an exciting group we've got.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:28 am

A bit of luck from the umpires and Port might be premiers right now.

With a young list so PIes could be a serious threat in 2016 especially with a few genuine older champs in Pendles and CLoke….

Hawks were pushed in the prelim in 2013 and 2014 - just scrapped through really - so they are vulnerable and the gap is much closer than people imagine.

themonk 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:37 am

yin-YANG wrote:

With a young list so PIes could be a serious threat in 2016 especially with a few genuine older champs in Pendles and CLoke….

Hawks were pushed in the prelim in 2013 and 2014 - just scrapped through really - so they are vulnerable and the gap is much closer than people imagine.

Agreed, if we can also pick up Cameron next year then we could improve quickly. I suspect he is another that grew up loving Bucks Very Happy
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:43 am

Smile I see. another that grew up loving Bucks is another that grew up loving Bucks ?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:14 pm

themonk wrote:
yin-YANG wrote:

Agreed, if we can also pick up Cameron next year then we could improve quickly. I suspect he is another that grew up loving Bucks Very Happy

Jeremy Cameron would be massive for us and the perfect long-term replacement for Cloke. Even then they could play with one another for a few years yet if we snapped him up next year.

I suspect that the club is looking at someone big next year like Dangerfield or Cameron. Another added bonus for Cameron is he grew up supporting Collingwood as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: