Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What disunity?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

magman29 wrote:
I was pissed off with Shaw being moved on..Still am.

Although I loved him, I was pissed off with Shaw and his stupid bloody antics in that final against Port. We needed real maturity and strong leadership, not self serving hissy fits that cost the club. I'm still pissed off with Shaw for digging his own bloody grave when we needed him to stand up. Evil or Very Mad Mad
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:10 am

Jezza wrote:
Also if Dane Swan wasn't happy here he wouldn't have declared to be a 'Magpie for life' at last year's Copeland Trophy despite some of his close friends leaving the club at the end of 2013.

I know this sounds weird but Swanny has actually shown far more intelligence and maturity than some of the other bloody idiots who have left the club recently. He is a different cat but a very wise one.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:12 am

I don't know very many different cat but a wise one.
Kwah-LeBaire 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:27 am

Lazza wrote:
Although I loved him, I was pissed off with Shaw and his stupid bloody antics in that final against Port. We needed real maturity and strong leadership, not self serving hissy fits that cost the club. I'm still pissed off with Shaw for digging his own bloody grave when we needed him to stand up. Evil or Very Mad Mad

Yeah, Heath Shaw was a great player. I'll never forget that smother in the 2010 GF, but... He became more childish as time went on, rather than growing up and taking a true leadership role. The guy was a heart-breaker at the end. He had to go, for the sake of the team.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:40 am

daniel cherny. hardly rate him as a footy journo, still has some way to go to establish credibility. if it was jake niall or someone of similar ilk who had written that i'd be asking questions.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:55 am

JW u know that the majority of senior journos are intimidated by Ed.

When the gates open it will be a flood of biblical proportions.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:27 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
JW u know that the majority of senior journos are intimidated by Ed.

When the gates open it will be a flood of biblical proportions.

We honour you mighty CCGod of all Collingwood Revelations. Cool
May the gates crash open and the flood of Bibles (or should that be an exodus!) begin................ Twisted Evil
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:45 pm

A Jurno writing a story about the Pies, is like shooting fish in a barrel... cant miss.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:09 pm

No player loved the Pies more than Heath but he was a clusterfux of biblical proportions in the end. Very sad to see him go and sadder still for the circumstances he left under but there really was no alternative.

I mean really, everything would be sailing along fine and then something or other would get under his skin and he would explode with toxic abuse.

Used to give me flashbacks of my first wife watching his tantrums Sad
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:30 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
No player loved the Pies more than Heath but he was a clusterfux of biblical proportions in the end. Very sad to see him go and sadder still for the circumstances he left under but there really was no alternative.

I mean really, everything would be sailing along fine and then something or other would get under his skin and he would explode with toxic abuse.

Used to give me flashbacks of my first wife watching his tantrums Sad

Heath Shaw was his own worst enemy. He had the opportunity to remain a magpie for life but stuffed it up with his own stupidity on the field after having many chances to learn from his mistakes. I have very little sympathy for him, given that most of us would have given anything to have the great honour and rare talent to play for mighty Collingwood. Anyone who sees him as a martyr has rocks in their head.... Rolling Eyes

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:49 pm

Laz agreed my dad was 5 foot 1 and a Presbyterian Scot in an era where you had to be a bruiser and Catholic unto the 5th generation to wear the stripes but he would have given his right arm and left stone to don the colours for even one game!
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:17 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
Laz agreed my dad was 5 foot 1 and a Presbyterian Scot in an era where you had to be a bruiser and Catholic unto the 5th generation to wear the stripes but he would have given his right arm and left stone to don the colours for even one game!

So true. I hate the way players take it for granted these days, and even knock back fantastic opportunities to play for our great club. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:27 pm

It's the Americanization of our culture Laz. Instant gratification, suck everything out of it, discard it and move on to the next, just like a swarm of locusts.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:33 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
It's the Americanization of our culture Laz. Instant gratification, suck everything out of it, discard it and move on to the next, just like a swarm of locusts.

Couldn't have put it any better myself. Cool

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:41 pm

Lazza wrote:
droversdog65 wrote:

Couldn't have put it any better myself. Cool

How does this relate to Collingwood?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: