Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Death Penalty?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Death Penalty
Yes
41%
 41%  [ 13 ]
No
45%
 45%  [ 14 ]
Not Sure
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
I really wanna spank the Monkey
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
think positive wrote:
Lazza wrote:
think positive wrote:
gees, id be getting a relo to give me a shit load of sleeping tablets. anything better than being hot. ugh

Yes TP, I was thinking the very same thing. Surely they might have had "contacts" in jail over the past 10 years they could bribe to get a cyanide pill each? Death in seconds, painful only briefly according to experts Rolling Eyes

BTW, after 3 previous visits to Bali, I stopped going there 20 odd years ago simply because there were many other better options. The best decision I have ever made regarding habitual travelling to the very same location.

Yeah I agree. I've only been once and the squalour put me off going back. I felt so bad for kids on motorbikes 4 or 5 on 1 bike no shoes let alone a helmet and skinny work riddled dogs everywhere. And tourist just exploit it. Not my idea of fun

Yep. And in my humble opinion, the Indonesians don't really like the Aussies very much, they just like their money.

After seeing that show Aussies in Bali, I can't say I blame em!

Last edited by think positive on Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:46 pm

Lazza wrote:
think positive wrote:
Lazza wrote:
think positive wrote:
gees, id be getting a relo to give me a shit load of sleeping tablets. anything better than being hot. ugh

Yes TP, I was thinking the very same thing. Surely they might have had "contacts" in jail over the past 10 years they could bribe to get a cyanide pill each? Death in seconds, painful only briefly according to experts Rolling Eyes

BTW, after 3 previous visits to Bali, I stopped going there 20 odd years ago simply because there were many other better options. The best decision I have ever made regarding habitual travelling to the very same location.

Yeah I agree. I've only been once and the squalour put me off going back. I felt so bad for kids on motorbikes 4 or 5 on 1 bike no shoes let alone a helmet and skinny work riddled dogs everywhere. And tourist just exploit it. Not my idea of fun

Yep. And in my humble opinion, the Indonesians don't really like the Aussies very much, they just like their money.
Ah ignorance is bliss. Don't confuse Indonesians (Mostly Muslims) with Balinese (Mostly Hindu).
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:13 pm

Culprit wrote:
Lazza wrote:
think positive wrote:
Lazza wrote:
think positive wrote:

Ah ignorance is bliss. Don't confuse Indonesians (Mostly Muslims) with Balinese (Mostly Hindu).

the majority of indos are from java. there's about 2,700 islands that make up indonesia and there's 250 million of them.

i like bali. i want to visit jogja and jakarta. like any place you need to respect it.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:53 pm

Deliberately putting this here rather than the other thread.

Quote:
Convicted Australian drug traffickers Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran have arrived at their final destination, Nusakambangan island prison, ahead of their impending executions.

They are among 11 prisoners to face the firing squad. On January 18, Indonesia executed six people convicted for drug offences, including five foreigners from Brazil, Malawi, Nigeria, the Netherlands and Vietnam.

The two Australians are among eight foreigners facing the death penalty within days for drug offences. One, for possession of just 50 grams of heroin.

Here’s the list of people to face the firing squad alongside Chan and Sukumaran.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/indonesia-will-execute-six-other-foreigners-for-drugs-beside-two-australians-heres-who-they-are-2015-3

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:04 pm

http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/bali-nine-executions-rise-in-us-pakistan-and-saudi-arabia/story-fnh81fz8-1227262303709
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:11 pm

The guy who Killed that Teenage Girl, Deserves the Death Penalty
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:52 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

No one has even been charged yet Dave, let alone convicted. Can we hold fire until the system takes it's course and we actually have some information to work with?

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:24 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

No one has even been charged yet Dave, let alone convicted. Can we hold fire until the system takes it's course and we actually have some information to work with?

The System at the Moment is bit of a Joke. When you see who get’s parole

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:33 pm

Once again the Judicial System has let the public down. There is so much blood on the hands of the parole board we need a Royal Commission.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:10 pm

Killing him won't bring this girl back, and it won't stop the next murder either. Prevention is the only answer, and that means giving support and funding to mental health, drug addiction and rehabilitative services. This killing could have been prevented: that's the real scandal, not the fact that a meagre amount of taxpayer payer money is going to be devoted to feeding him in a mental institution for the next 40 years.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:15 pm

Royal commission into what?

The guy who's been detained by Police has, according to the Aged, a history of mental illness and did time in the serious psych ward, Melbournes version of Arkham Asylum (for the DC fans) You don't get sent there unless you're pinging badly.

My understanding is, and I'll happily defer to people like WPT, the new mental health legislation that puts the rights of the individual higher than previous (which is theoretically not a bad thing) could have some serious negative repercussions along this line.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:38 pm

David wrote:
Killing him won't bring this girl back, and it won't stop the next murder either. Prevention is the only answer, and that means giving support and funding to mental health, drug addiction and rehabilitative services. This killing could have been prevented: that's the real scandal, not the fact that a meagre amount of taxpayer payer money is going to be devoted to feeding him in a mental institution for the next 40 years.

You, Never going stop all Murders. They will sadly still Murder People.

People knowing he should be in the Nut House let the Community Down

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:53 pm

That's true, but we could certainly do a lot better at prevention. The trouble is that I just don't see much of an appetite for it in Parliament House or the wider community. If anything, public sentiment swings the other way—people want more cruel and unusual punishment and fewer government-funded support services for damaged people.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:02 am

David wrote:
That's true, but we could certainly do a lot better at prevention. The trouble is that I just don't see much of an appetite for it in Parliament House or the wider community. If anything, public sentiment swings the other way—people want more cruel and unusual punishment and fewer government-funded support services for damaged people.

That mean the Government might actually try and help people.

There more Interested in getting the Budget back in to Surplus Rolling Eyes

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:25 am

Yep. And forgetting the golden rule that draconian social policy breeds dysfunction and crime. Having a good social service policy isn't some optional extra a government can throw out the window when the budget gets tight. But try telling that to these fundamentalists in office.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 16 of 20   

Jump to: