Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Death Penalty?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Death Penalty
Yes
41%
 41%  [ 13 ]
No
45%
 45%  [ 14 ]
Not Sure
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
I really wanna spank the Monkey
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:

I don't see the appeal of the destination to be honest.

It's a cheap holiday, hence the place is full of cheapskates from Rockingham and Kwinana, not for me Cool

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:48 pm

And full of cheapskates from Rockingham and Kwinana not for him or her 8 is [quote] It's a cheap holiday the place.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:17 pm

Quote:
How many Bali bombers actually got shot? Didn't a few get life instead?

About the same number and percentage as only 2 of the Bali 9 will get shot.

Quite a lot of these self styled Islamist rebels get shot and killed in Thailand, Indonesia and the Phillipines and probably China. We just don't get to hear about it. Well not in Australia. The Police and Army have very close ties in SE Asia. The ADF can be brought in and used on Australian soil but with very limited powers. Used for major events like the Olympics and CHOGM that are considered International events and for disaster relief. But even when the Army had an APC pinched in Perth the Gov Gen Bill Hayden wouldn't allow the SASR to stop it with and anti tank weapon because he didn't want soldiers on our streets firing in public places. Well over here if the Police get wind of a "terrorist " they can bring in who they consider necessary. The general public is not outraged. Had the Martin Place siege been ended by 2 CDO regt storming the building who knows what the fall out would have been.

If there weren't 2 Australians getting topped we wouldn't even be discussing this.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:21 pm

think positive wrote:
ronrat wrote:
Bruce Gonsalves wrote:
These executions are barbaric, and NO they wont be forgotten as with Barlow and Chambers. How can a person shoot a person in the damn head under your law and feel that is right.

WOULD NOT GO TO BALI IN A BLIND FIT.....

A soldier does what he is told unless his legal advice about rules of engagement tell him otherwise. He or (although unlikely) she does what the the state thinks is right and proper. I dare say they would rather be at the movies or shopping with the wife but that is their lot. It is probably unfair to blame the shooters.
As for Bali, being one province of a large Archipelago I suggest the problem is with the country, not Bali. If you choose not to go to Bali then that is probably your loss as it is a fascinating place,

Unfortunately 9 idiots tried to make plenty of money out of an illegal trade and paid the price.

I am not seeing any grief over the Bali bombers getting shot. I was in Jakarta when they were killed and I can assure no one gave a toss, least of all Indos.

I would much rather Australia spent more time and energy on people like Julian Assange or (although now out ) Peter Greste than criminals.

How many Bali bombers actually got shot? Didn't a few get life instead?

Three Bali bombers were executed in November 2008.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:21 pm

Oh I can see this ending well.

Quote:
INDONESIANS are lashing out against the hashtag #BoycottBali, telling Australians who say they will cancel their holidays to Bali to “go somewhere else” instead.

The backlash comes after the social media campaign — which advocates for Australians to show their support for condemned Bali Nine duo Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran, and forgo their holidays to Indonesia — continues to gain traction as Twitter users pledge to cancel holidays to the popular tourism spot.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/technology/indonesian-twitter-users-lead-backlash-against-hashtag-boycottbali/story-fnjwnzap-1227223052509

Go twitterati, the true unrepresentative swill. (apologies PK)

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:25 pm

Quote:
INDONESIANS are lashing out against the hashtag #BoycottBali, telling Australians who say they will cancel their holidays to Bali to “go somewhere else” instead.

Lol. That's telling 'em!

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:47 pm

I would have thought the deaths of dozens upon dozens of Australians in the terrorist attack would have been excuse enough to stay away if one was so inclined.

It would seem though that bogans united will never be defeated!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:51 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I would have thought the deaths of dozens upon dozens of Australians in the terrorist attack would have been excuse enough to stay away if one was so inclined.

It would seem though that bogans united will never be defeated!

Yes that's right Swoop I thought after the Bali Bombings that this would have actually resulted in a decline in tourism in Indonesia especially from Australian tourists who were the main targets of the Bali bombers but I suppose the fact that the perpetrators were executed didn't necessarily deter regular visitors.

It'll be interesting to see how big the backlash is here. I suspect that initial sentiment will see a backlash and a decline in tourism but what happens in a few years time when this whole situation is largely forgotten by most people and people return to Bali or wish to visit it for the first time.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:33 am

My mail is the 2 Major Drug Importers are set to be executed Saturday.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:51 am

Culprit wrote:
My mail is the 2 Major Drug Importers are set to be executed Saturday.

Well they're on the way to the island, so you'll be in the ballpark.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/world/bali-nine-duos-final-days-andrew-chan-and-myuran-sukumaran-to-be-moved-to-execution-island/story-fni0xs61-1227246969406

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:55 am

gees, id be getting a relo to give me a shit load of sleeping tablets. anything better than being hot. ugh
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:59 pm

think positive wrote:
gees, id be getting a relo to give me a shit load of sleeping tablets. anything better than being hot. ugh

Yes TP, I was thinking the very same thing. Surely they might have had "contacts" in jail over the past 10 years they could bribe to get a cyanide pill each? Death in seconds, painful only briefly according to experts Rolling Eyes

BTW, after 3 previous visits to Bali, I stopped going there 20 odd years ago simply because there were many other better options. The best decision I have ever made regarding habitual travelling to the very same location.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:17 pm

The Media are in so much of a frenzy; I think it's best to televise it live. Just think of the ratings. Rolling Eyes
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:39 pm

Lazza wrote:
think positive wrote:

Yes TP, I was thinking the very same thing. Surely they might have had "contacts" in jail over the past 10 years they could bribe to get a cyanide pill each? Death in seconds, painful only briefly according to experts Rolling Eyes

BTW, after 3 previous visits to Bali, I stopped going there 20 odd years ago simply because there were many other better options. The best decision I have ever made regarding habitual travelling to the very same location.

Yeah I agree. I've only been once and the squalour put me off going back. I felt so bad for kids on motorbikes 4 or 5 on 1 bike no shoes let alone a helmet and skinny work riddled dogs everywhere. And tourist just exploit it. Not my idea of fun

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:00 pm

think positive wrote:
Lazza wrote:
think positive wrote:

Yeah I agree. I've only been once and the squalour put me off going back. I felt so bad for kids on motorbikes 4 or 5 on 1 bike no shoes let alone a helmet and skinny work riddled dogs everywhere. And tourist just exploit it. Not my idea of fun

Yep. And in my humble opinion, the Indonesians don't really like the Aussies very much, they just like their money.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 15 of 20   

Jump to: