Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Anti Islamic immigration movement rises in Germany

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
Nazi's vs IS.

I'd watch it.

Wrong thread! Expendables 4?

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:29 am

Good to see sane and decent folk responding, but another Pegida march is set for Monday.

bbc.co.uk wrote:
About 35,000 people have marched through the German city of Dresden in protest against recent so-called anti-Islamisation rallies, organisers say.

The turnout is nearly double that of the largest demonstration by anti-Islamists Pegida, held last Monday.

Saturday's counter-demonstration observed a minute's silence for the 17 victims of this week's terrorist attacks in France.

The next Pegida protest in Dresden will be held on Monday.

Some analysts say that numbers may grow as a result of the violence in France.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30765674
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:16 am

PEGIDA expected to get 20,000 protestors today and I expect an increase especially with what happened last week in France.
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:36 pm

PEGIDA numbers indeed did grow in Dresden. Up from 18,000 in their last rally to to 25,000 attending today.
Hypocracy abounds with PEGIDA followers wearing black armbands and speeches affirming "freedom of the press/ freedom of speech".
PEGIDA refuses to deal with journalists and will do no interviews and at every prior rally the crowds have chanted "lying press" to every journalist they see.
Maybe an interview with PEGIDA leader Lutz Bachmann will be more forthcoming now that press freedom is on their agenda. He could talk about his 23 convictions for break ins, theft and drug possession and how he once shot through to South Africa to escape gaol time. (OK, he did eventually return and was gaoled)
Am I sensing anything here? ...a small time crim, serves gaol time, writes his manifesto, leads populist right wing rallies....hmmmm
Anyway over 100,000 attend rallies across Germany today opposing PEGIDA.
http://www.dw.de/germans-demonstrate-against-pegida/av-18186848
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:27 am

Well, that was unexpected, lol. Just "decent", "hardworking", "ordinary", "concerned" folk, of course...

bbc.co.uk wrote:
The head of Germany's "anti-Islamisation" movement Pegida has quit after disparaging anti-refugee comments and a photo showing him apparently posing as Hitler emerged.

Lutz Bachmann apologised for Facebook comments he made in which he reportedly called refugees "animals" and "scumbags".

He did not mention the photo of him with Hitler-style hair and moustache.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30920086

sixpoints 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:18 pm

pietillidie wrote:
Well, that was unexpected, lol. Just "decent", "hardworking", "ordinary", "concerned" folk, of course...

bbc.co.uk wrote:
The head of Germany's "anti-Islamisation" movement Pegida has quit after disparaging anti-refugee comments and a photo showing him apparently posing as Hitler emerged.

Lutz Bachmann apologised for Facebook comments he made in which he reportedly called refugees "animals" and "scumbags".

He did not mention the photo of him with Hitler-style hair and moustache.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30920086

Damn you Lutz!
You've gone and resigned as leader of PEGIDA just as you had become my favourite bigoted, hypocritical, reactionary Islamophobe.
I'll have to find someone else now.
Geez in the end you were just another PC loser. Fancy resigning just because you dressed yourself up as Hitler whilst heading a right wing German protest movement.
Auf wiedersehen Lutz.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:01 pm

sixpoints wrote:
Damn you Lutz!
You've gone and resigned as leader of PEGIDA just as you had become my favourite bigoted, hypocritical, reactionary Islamophobe.
I'll have to find someone else now.

Easy job. Or do you have something against our old mate Senator Bestiality?

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:16 am

The Guardian wrote:
Five arrested but no major incidents after 2,000 people take to city’s streets to protest against anti-Islam rally that attracts just 400 supporters.

Gateshead MP Ian Mearns said the turnout for the anti-Pegida protest was very encouraging. “The Pegida protest only had numbers in the low hundreds, and the counter-protest had thousands,” he told the Newcastle Chronicle.

“But what I can’t understand is among the Pegida rally there will have been British Nationalists demonstrating alongside proud Europeans - it doesn’t make sense,” he added.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/28/newcastle-pegida-marchers-vastly-outnumbered-by-counter-protests

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:42 am

^i truly don't know what to make of Pegida. On one hand, it should be possible for a people to protest peacefully about changes to their culture via immigration, but it's hard to see how it can happen without ugliness and threat to vulnerable minorities. Anyway, the British are pretty tolerant of outsiders, partly out of cultural politeness and reserve, partly out of a global orientation born of empire and mercantilism. So i can't see it taking off here.
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:12 pm

The Germans, persecuting a minority? Surely not.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:53 pm

Mugwump wrote:
^i truly don't know what to make of Pegida. On one hand, it should be possible for a people to protest peacefully about changes to their culture via immigration, but it's hard to see how it can happen without ugliness and threat to vulnerable minorities. Anyway, the British are pretty tolerant of outsiders, partly out of cultural politeness and reserve, partly out of a global orientation born of empire and mercantilism. So i can't see it taking off here.

I wouldn't be surprised if PEGIDA formed a formal alliance with the English Defence League (EDL).

Overall I agree with your post.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:13 pm

Nick - Pie Man wrote:
The Germans, persecuting a minority? Surely not.

Hah, but there's a fuckload more Muslims in the world than Germans. Maybe they've changed tactics.

Next they'll start persecuting Chinese and Indians? Cool

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:21 pm

Mugwump wrote:

Especially when those immigrating signed a document saying they would abide by that countries laws but in some cases the same people wish to impose their own rules, laws and standards on the society that gave them the opportunity to assimilate. Immigration by its very nature results in change as is clearly evident in Australian society during my lifetime. With some luck our future is a combination of the best that all groups have to contribute.

It becomes a problems when those who have recently arrived wish to impose change forcefully or by manipulating the PC nature of modern western societies.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:45 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Especially when those immigrating signed a document saying they would abide by that countries laws but in some cases the same people wish to impose their own rules, laws and standards on the society that gave them the opportunity to assimilate. Immigration by its very nature results in change as is clearly evident in Australian society during my lifetime. With some luck our future is a combination of the best that all groups have to contribute.

It becomes a problems when those who have recently arrived wish to impose change forcefully or by manipulating the PC nature of modern western societies.

Amen

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:54 pm

Something that truly bothers me about the narrative that the left like to put on anti immigration groups is to conflate anti-immigration with racism. I could happily travel anywhere in the world and immerse myself in any and all cultures and see their value, appreciate the diverse and amazing scope of humanity. The funny thing about diversity is that it is destroyed when you mix two cultures together; the dominant culture subverts and destroys the less dominant. When a nation allows unrestricted immigration, particularly from cultures that are far removed from that of the nation itself, the nation is just asking to have its own culture become subverted, either rapidly through simple numbers of entrants or more slowly through demographic shift.

I don't want to see England, France or Germany lose their rich, deep and valuable cultures, any more than we should accept as 'right' the cultural take overs of colonialism; even when they resulted in net positive outcomes (education, health care, modern advancements). I don't see any net positive coming from unfettered Arab immigration into Europe, that doesn't mean that there should be any action against Arabs already living in and assimilating into European or Western cultures, just that nations shouldn't be so willing to commit cultural suicide on the alter of 'progressive' politically correct ideology.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: