Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Anti Islamic immigration movement rises in Germany

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:37 pm
Post subject: Anti Islamic immigration movement rises in GermanyReply with quote

http://rt.com/news/216859-germany-anti-islam-protest-dresden/

Interesting that the article calls them 'far right' as it's the far right who like unfettered immigration these days. I guess they're trying to equate an anti immigration viewpoint with being a Nazi Rolling Eyes

Europe may just be waking up to the fact that bringing in a culture that has fought tooth and nail with European values since its inception might not be the best cultural influence to be expanding even further.

Considering the demographic crises and massive breeding disparity between Islamic immigrants and native Europeans, it may just be too late.
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Beat up alert.
17,000 protest in a country of 80,000,000.
The protest was in Saxony - part of the old East Germany. A large number of Russian flags were flown in the rally.
A bunch of backward looking nut jobs, whose numbers wouldn't even fill a second division German soccer stadium. What they really want is a return to old authoritarian ways. They fear the future and want to cling to the past.
Saxony has one of the lowest rates of immigration in Germany, but one of the highest unemployment rates. Scapegoat anyone?
Rallies opposing the Dresden rally were held across Germany.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:33 pm

It's not one rally, I believe it's the 10th consecutive week of them in Dresden, they're growing rather than shrinking and about 1/3 of Germans are apparently "sympathetic" to their concerns (not sure what kind of poll that was, but I've seen the figure repeated).

I'd also take into the account the reluctance of people to show this kind of sentiment due to the inevitable cries of racism and Nazism used to shout them down.
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:03 pm
Post subject: Re: Anti Islamic immigration movement rises in GermanyReply with quote

Wokko wrote:
http://rt.com/news/216859-germany-anti-islam-protest-dresden/

Interesting that the article calls them 'far right' as it's the far right who like unfettered immigration these days. I guess they're trying to equate an anti immigration viewpoint with being a Nazi Rolling Eyes

Europe may just be waking up to the fact that bringing in a culture that has fought tooth and nail with European values since its inception might not be the best cultural influence to be expanding even further.

Considering the demographic crises and massive breeding disparity between Islamic immigrants and native Europeans, it may just be too late.

They've always been labelled the Far Right and they're nothing new in Germany or across the rest of Europe. The Republikaner Party and the German People's Union wer emaking the same noises back in the early and mid 1990s, and the NDP has been doing the same for the last 10 years or so.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:21 pm

It's a growing trend across the globe. Islam is plain evil no matter which way you spin it. As are all religious cults such as Christianity.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:16 pm

They're protesting because they are most likely growing frustrating of the increased political correctness that has been creeping up on this issue for years. Rather than having an open and honest discussion about Islamism and the negative effects it has on western societies especially in Europe a certain cross-section of people would rather silence these frustrated people rather than hear their concerns and criticisms of Islamism and that's why groups like this group in Germany and the English Defence League (EDL) have come about in the last few years because they are a reaction of growing dissent and lack of transparency and discussion on these matters.

This is very likely not a protest against Muslims as people which would be wrong in so many ways, but more likely a protest against the growing Islamism that is emerging throughout Europe. Islamism is a dangerous ideology that shows no regard for human rights, secularism, rights for women and children and even basic rights for men as well.

However the irony of all of this is that vocal feminists who speak out against the inequalities of women in western societies and the vocal left who speak out against Christianity won't dare to criticise Islamism which is seen as a pet project for them to defend against the 'racists' and 'Islamophobes' as they like to call them.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:23 pm

Jezza wrote:
Islamism is a dangerous ideology that shows no regard for human rights, secularism, rights for women and children and even basic rights for men as well.

I agree. There are moderating voices and a great many well-meaning albeit irrational supporters, but nevertheless it is just as you say. Very similar to Christianity, in fact, or the nastier side of Hinduism.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:39 am

Jezza wrote:
Rather than having an open and honest discussion about Islamism and the negative effects it has on western societies especially in Europe a certain cross-section of people would rather silence these frustrated people rather than hear their concerns and criticisms of Islamism and that's why groups like this group in Germany and the English Defence League (EDL) have come about in the last few years because they are a reaction of growing dissent and lack of transparency and discussion on these matters.

Nonsense, Jezza. Total nonsense based on shock-jock level information. A good ten miles below your impressive work on ISIS. The discussion in Europe is not being suppressed; that's all I've freaking heard about since arriving here. Islam and immigration are openly and loudly used as election issues by all manner of cowardly, extremist parties which get enormous coverage even though they have no chance of contributing anything to the populations they purport to represent. Far from being silenced, these extremists are being over-represented in the media.

Despite the hysterical carry on, Islam is small minority in Europe which has very, very little political leverage compared to, say, the black and Latino populations in the US. Euro bigots sook and crap on like their nations have been invaded by Saladin himself, just as they always have over minorities no matter who and what religion.

The first thing you do when you see a spike in racism is to see if it makes even vague numerical sense. Do the statistics warrant the magnitude of the reaction? Are there any other grievances a convenient minority is being scapegoated for? What is the popular media depiction of the group and does it have a statistical basis in the actual lives of the minority concerned? How creative are people getting in their reasons for attacking the minority concerned? Are people behaving consistently in their moral claims? Are people targeting a new, first-generation minority, forgetting that by the third generation demographic assimilation has naturally been completed?

In answering those questions, you will soon find Muslims in Europe are a very small, very powerless, largely early generation immigrant group. You will also find that the EU was hit incredibly hard by the GFC, and has managed the aftermath far more poorly and stupidly than even the US, and most certainly Australia.

Ask the racist on the street and you will hear endless complaints about services being pushed to capacity, and talk of terrorism and veils and ways of life being threatened. And not a hint, not a single mention, of the monumental impact of the GFC and the idiotic austerity and budget cuts that have been crushing the EU ever since. Not a mention: These fools have such a poor knowledge of the world, they think their lives are being strained by hardworking immigrants rather than idiotic governments who have refused to rein in tax-dodging multinationals and fat cats even as they reduce taxes and social spending.

For the millionth time to the dimwit on the UK street: You're feeling poorer because you're being raped blind by budget-cutting fetishists and tax-avoiding millionaires, not because immigrants wanting better lives are not contributing to your society. Your work hours are getting longer, your job security is getting poorer, your queues are getting de-funded, and your global dominance declined long ago. STFU and stop blaming the tiny handful of newcomers in your midst for the BS you've been fed by successive scum bags in government, including one utter twit who took you to war on lies and helped crash the global economy, and another utter twit who is too cowardly to make the billionaires and their companies pay up, all the while cutting everything in sight.

All this has nothing to do with Muslims. Nothing at all. It's the same old bitter, vile racism that has justified racist pogroms on this continent for centuries as a substitute for dealing with the feudal bastards in power who are squeezing the life out of their societies and economies in order to line their own pockets.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:36 am

Aussie Culture is partially Racist!

If preserving ones Culture is so important why are we being forced to change our Culture?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:11 am

Well said, PTID.

1061, I've asked this in other threads, but I'll ask it again: name one way in which our culture has been meaningfully affected by our 2% Muslim minority. I want you to point to new laws, apparent shifts in mainstream values or general cultural 'evolution'.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:21 am

OK Banking, if I rode a Motorbike I would be forced to remove my helmet to enter. If I were of the islam faith and wore a garment that restricted others viewing my face I could go anywhere including my example of a bank as laws were changed so I could not be stopped from going about my business unlike a motorbike rider.

Oh and when/what was the last evolution of the Islamic Culture?

Oh and BTW as is your modus operandi I notice you didn't answer my question as I can only assume it's beneath you to answer a question by me as you always change the direction of any question I pose when you reply to me.
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:48 am

1061 wrote:
OK Banking, if I rode a Motorbike I would be forced to remove my helmet to enter. If I were of the islam faith and wore a garment that restricted others viewing my face I could go anywhere including my example of a bank as laws were changed so I could not be stopped from going about my business unlike a motorbike rider.

Oh and BTW as is your modus operandi I notice you didn't answer my question as I can only assume it's beneath you to answer a question by me as you always change the direction of any question I pose when you reply to me.

Last time I checked Islam is a religion not a 'culture'. So following that logic
is there one the same culture in Turkey, Bosnia, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Morocco, Mali....
And if there truly was only one Islamic culture that has never evolved, why then are there so many disputes and wars amongst Muslims themselves?
Do the Nepalese & Thais share the same Buddhist culture?
Does Norway, Guatemala, Samoa & Russia share one culture of Christianity?
I think you'll find these mass globalized religions are spread across vastly
disparate cultural groups. Each of which exerts very different spins on their religion.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:56 am

Well, 1061, that's just a bizarre question. "Our culture" happens to be one which changes all the time due to a host of influences, and one which is already rather diverse.

On a planet of 7B people in an increasing and bamboozling state of inter-dependence, what makes you think you wouldn't have to change your culture? It's not like you designed it personally back in '82 as a gift to the rest of us.

Curiously, you mention one very trivial legal conundrum, which is odd given there have been god knows how many other legal changes over your lifetime you've said absolutely nothing about. Companies, for example, lobby for changes all the time, many of which you've never even heard of or cared to investigate. Does that bother you? I mean, Muslims happen to be citizens; many of those companies and shareholders which make changes you don't even know about aren't even fellow citizens!

Are you saying you want every minor change run by you for approval? You're going to be one busy person stopping your culture, as defined by extremely minor legal accommodations, being "changed". Even worse, think of the all the other changes going on. Over the last few months the world market has smashed Australian commodities, enforcing very disruptive and serious change on the country. Why were you silent on that massive change being imposed upon you by total outsiders?

It seems to me you haven't thought this one through very well.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:58 am

sixpoints wrote:

Last time I checked Islam is a religion not a 'culture'. So following that logic

BIOYA

http://www.missionislam.com/family/culture.htm
Quote:

While there are numerous cultures and subcultures present in the world, of primary concern to us in this discussion are the two main opposing cultures in present-day society. One is the culture of Islam — the “complete way of life” set forth in the Qur’an and Sunnah. On the other opposing end is the Western culture. Both cultures present a “complete way of life.” However, both ways of life differ drastically.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:02 am

1061 wrote:

Wrong:

http://www.eoc.sa.gov.au/eo-resources/what-commissioner-says/burqa-law-would-fuel-fear-suspicion

Quote:
This past week, there have been calls for a new law allowing banks and government offices to require customers to show their faces or be refused entry, where there is a security issue. I worry that this might simply fuel fear and suspicion against people who look different.

So it is worth exploring how the law stands now. At present, banks, shops, offices and others providing customer service can legally require, as a condition of entry, that customers must not wear face coverings.

We haveall seen the signs commonly displayed on the front doors of banks, requiring people to remove their motorcycle helmets before entering. These signs are quite legal. A bank is within its rights to refuse entry or service to people who will not remove their helmets.

These signs do not, as yet, refer to the burqa or other forms of religious face or head covering, but they lawfully could. Nothing in the Equal Opportunity Act affects this right and I am puzzled that key public figures like Dr. Bob Such say that there is a ‘grey area’ in the Act.

As for your second question, there is no "last time". Muslim cultures are in a constant state of change and have been for over a millennium. To ask such a question, you must be unaware of the diversity of mainstream culture from Turkey to Morocco to Saudi Arabia to Pakistan to Indonesia to Albania.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6   

Jump to: