Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Silly time for 2015 Intra-Club Match

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were at the 2014 Family Day and melted in the heat like I did, then a twilight intra-club match sounds like a great idea. And don't worry Dave, Daniel Andrews will have trains running every 10 minutes on the Frankston line on that night - probably every night if the truth be known; those sand-belt seats proved very handy in Labor's big win last month Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by Neil Appleby on Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:11 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I'm with DTM stupid day and time.

If they want it at night then make it a Saturday night.

You city slickers need to stop thinking all supporters live within a drop punt of the G.

2nd That. I would not get home until 11 at night.

Hope they have a Live Video Stream of the Match

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:12 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
If you were at the 2014 Family Day and melted in the heat like I did, then a twilight intra-club match sounds like a great idea. And don't worry Dave, Daniel Andrews will have trains running every 10 minutes on the Frankston line on that night - probably every night if the truth be known; those sand-belt seats proved very handy in Labor's gig win last month Very Happy Very Happy

Not Worried about how I get home and I said above post. It’s the Time I get back home

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:45 pm

swoop42 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
I think minimising potential impact of heat and allowing a seven day break makes it logical scheduling. Be nice for fans to be able to get along but it's not really the focus of the exercise.

It's a major part hence the food trucks, membership and merchandise available for purchase.

A full scale intra club match should be held the same time as the family day/night.

good to see then they are not pandering to the minority. Mr. Green

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:01 am

Is this really something worth complaining about?

February is arguably the hottest month of the year so I think an early evening intra-club match is appropriate in the circumstances. I might get down there if I have time!

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:53 pm

Jezza wrote:

February is arguably the hottest month of the year so I think an early evening intra-club match is appropriate in the circumstances. I might get down there if I have time!

Better Time would been 4:30 - 5pm not 6:30

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:01 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Jezza wrote:

No I disagree! People are still working or finishing up work at this stage and it's also regarded as the hottest part of the day in summer typically.

6:30 is an ideal time for most people when it comes to work and weather temperatures as well.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:23 pm

Jezza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Jezza wrote:

No I disagree! People are still working or finishing up work at this stage and it's also regarded as the hottest part of the day in summer typically.

6:30 is an ideal time for most people when it comes to work and weather temperatures as well.

If the game was on Friday Night then I would agree but Thursday Night just stops people with Family not to go.

Should have Live Stream of it

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:40 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Jezza wrote:

If the game was on Friday Night then I would agree but Thursday Night just stops people with Family not to go.

Should have Live Stream of it

it's just an intraclub match. the average supporter is not going to give two $^%£$^£" about it.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:45 pm

Exactly JW! I don't see what the big deal is to be honest.

The club has allocated a time for the game and they've given members and supporters ample time to prepare and be aware that a match of this nature is taking place on February 19.

If you can attend then fantastic but if you can't then it's not the end of the world!

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:46 pm

Jezza wrote:

The club has allocated a time for the game and they've given members and supporters ample time to prepare and be aware that a match of this nature is taking place on February 19.

If you can attend then fantastic but if you can't then it's not the end of the world!

Then why Advertise it and Ask for People to come down and Watch?

Why just not have it

ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:30 pm

As a supporter of the Football club I trust the club will do whatever is best suited for the players who represent us. I don't give a tinkers cuss about the whingers complaining about the timing of a practice match. I care even less that the biggest complaint comes from someone who doesn't go to school and probably doesn't have a job.Last time I looked the Collingwood was an inner suburban suburb. If you don't like it go and follow a club like StKilda which is based in Seaford, much closer to where no one else wants to live. While you are at start complaining about the timing of day nighters in the cricket. Funny, we survived on Thursday night practice games at Victoria park for a century.
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:35 am

My mighty Collingwood Football Club is, and always has been, an inner suburban football club. After having existed there since 1892, some are going crook that they live a distance from our home base.
A Thursday night practice match doesn't suit you? What do you think we have been doing for a 100 years - we have been training on weeknights!
Some will whinge about anything I guess.
Ever thought about following Geelong or maybe the Bulldogs who will now have a toe hold in Ballarat?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:51 pm

sixpoints wrote:
My mighty Collingwood Football Club is, and always has been, an inner suburban football club. After having existed there since 1892, some are going crook that they live a distance from our home base.
A Thursday night practice match doesn't suit you? What do you think we have been doing for a 100 years - we have been training on weeknights!
Some will whinge about anything I guess.
Ever thought about following Geelong or maybe the Bulldogs who will now have a toe hold in Ballarat?

Barracking for the Dogs would be Scary as you never know IF they will stay alive

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:48 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Then why Advertise it and Ask for People to come down and Watch?

Why just not have it

Because they've informed members and supporters that such a match will be taking place and if you can come on down to watch the boys in action then fantastic but if you cannot it doesn't matter. The club has done the right thing informing the supporters now of the time and date of when the match is occurring so people can be aware that it is taking place and may want to watch the training session if the time suits them.

The club has no obligation to pander to you and I on when they want to play this practice game. For example, if they want to play it at 10:30pm at night because the coaches feel it would be good for the players then who am I to complain about it. Also this is the Collingwood Football Club so you cannot feel hard done by if you live too far away from the inner-city areas in the first place no matter how harsh it may sound.

I'm sure our coaches have factored in weather, time and fitness levels when it comes to this game. 6:30pm at night in February isn't dark but come 8 to 9pm it will become dark. Maybe Buckley and Co feel that having both some daylight and night time football will be good for our players.

I might get down there if I have time but if I don't then I won't lose any sleep over it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: