Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Marty Clarke has Addison's disease

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rowey 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

neil wrote:
I wonder if all those posters who called Marty a spud and a list clogger will now apologise.

With you 100% Neil. Loved Marty through both his tours and wish him well in his future endeavours.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:10 am

Dave The Man wrote:
neil wrote:
I wonder if all those posters who called Marty a spud and a list clogger will now apologise.

Would of Helped IF the Club told us Earlier

He's entitled to his privacy Dave.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:05 am

Dave The Man wrote:
droversdog65 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
When I was Diagnosed with High Functioning Autism I was 14/15 Years Old.

Took them that long

Dave I was born with mild scoliosis and it wasn't until I had a lower back injury in my '30's that I was diagnosed.

The medical community does sensational work and by and large they are hard working, sincere and dilligent people who ease our suffering.

BUT.

If your condition isn't mainstream you are at serious risk of slipping through the gaps.

To complicate this if you dare to question diagnosis or insist on continuing symptoms in the face of their certainty then you WILL be viewed with suspicion and skepticism.

True - When I was a Little Kid I doubt there was anything called High Functioning Autsim

When it first came out it was called Asperger's syndrome Dave. (You probably know this anyway). It is still called that as well as being called High Functioning Autism.
Philip 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:21 am

Marty if your reading this, all the best and I loved seeing you in a Collingwood Black and White jumper. During John F. Kennedy Presidency he had Addison's disease. Other events got to JFK. Marty I am sure you will do better with your health than JFK.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:45 am

Philip wrote:
Marty if your reading this, all the best and I loved seeing you in a Collingwood Black and White jumper. During John F. Kennedy Presidency he had Addison's disease. Other events got to JFK. Marty I am sure you will do better with your health than JFK.

And Marty, you can always say: "Ich bin ein Magpie".

(and avoid grassy knolls)
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:06 am

Sad news but Marty announced his recent diagnosis on the night of the Copeland Trophy night earlier in the year so this isn't really news to me to be honest.

Here's hoping he can manage the disease and stay healthy for many years to come. It's disappointing that he couldn't re-adjust to AFL football after two years away from the game but this disease could go some way in explaining his struggles.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:30 am

Terrible news for such a young man., which explains much. I'm sure he doesn't read this, but i wish him all the best, and I hope he keeps about him the courage he showed out there in black and white. He will need it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: