Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Was this another pot shot from Beams?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the evidence to back up that claim?^Please enlighten us if you have any.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:16 pm

Would u like me to extract every derogatory comment on this site about:
- Dawesy
- Daisy
- Jolly
- H
- Heater
- Wellingham
- even Dids
- Beamsy
- how about MM ?

It did not have to be that way.

Yet some of us get howled down, dobbed on and abused for daring to question our coach might not be the right man at the right place at the right time.

He hasnt even got a medal.

What a freaking joke.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:36 pm
Post subject: Re: Was this another pot shot from Beams?Reply with quote

Joel wrote:
neil wrote:
Joel wrote:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/homecoming-still-hard-work-for-brisbane-lions-star-recruit-dayne-beams-20141215-127kw0.html

Quote:
"I was probably in the better runners during pre-season at Collingwood, but these guys are so fit I'm finding myself back a little bit," he says.

Can't this bloke just shut his mouth and get on with it?

Whats he supposed to say Collingwood is far better and most of his team mates are unfit spuds?
No different to when Collingwood put their prized trade player up for interview.

Pretty simply really. Don't make the comparison.

Whyever not? It's a free country.

I'm with Neil and Frankie. Honestly, some people are just too eager to be offended.

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:37 pm

<snip - defamatory remarks and general abuse are unacceptable. Thanks, BBMods>
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:45 pm

^^ The prosecution rests your worship.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:50 pm

Prosecution??? Or persecution??? I wonder, Buckley haters are notoriously blinkered.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:19 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
- Dawesy
- Daisy
- Jolly
- H
- Heater
- Wellingham
- even Dids
- Beamsy
- how about MM ?

Yet some of us get howled down, dobbed on and abused for daring to question our coach might not be the right man at the right place at the right time.

What a freaking joke.

You didn't provide any evidence to back up your claim about the coach.Complaining about the nasty things people say about ex players on Nicks doesn't in any way prove that the coach treated Beams like 'poop' as you allege.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:30 pm

I'll say this about Bucks

He strikes me as a bloke who doesn't take kindly to smart @rses or half baked trainers/gym performers.

You only have to look back on his own playing career to realize he was probably the most driven and super prepared individual to ever don the black and white.]

He adores the club and has never made any bones about that in public, so I would imagine anyone slighting the club or slacking off would NOT make his birthday card list.

All those who have left / been moved on have in one way or another been a burden to the club - not in anything major - but rather a waste of energy and resources catering to their whims or minimizing the damage their immature behaviour could do to the club.

It makes good sense to me to concentrate efforts and resources where they will do the most good, rather than pandering to egos and racing around putting out spot fires.

This culling has been deep and it has hurt but sometimes an infection must be excised lest it corrupts the parent body.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:47 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
- Dawesy
- Daisy
- Jolly
- H
- Heater
- Wellingham
- even Dids
- Beamsy
- how about MM ?

What a freaking joke.

You didn't provide any evidence to back up your claim about the coach.Complaining about the nasty things people say about ex players on Nicks doesn't in any way prove that the coach treated Beams like 'poop' as you allege.

Sorry i misunderstood your request and u are right and i don't think there is any. I doubt Bucks ever did.

However there are various sources on the record who understand that the Beams walkout was made a lot easier for him by the way he perceived the treatment of his mates daisy and heater.

I dont think anyone will dispute that was in beams mind when brissy came knockin.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:59 pm

I'll say this about Bucks

He strikes me as a bloke who doesn't take kindly to smart @rses or half baked trainers/gym performers.

You only have to look back on his own playing career to realize he was probably the most driven and super prepared individual to ever don the black and white.

He adores the club and has never made any bones about that in public except for the North coaching position, so I would imagine anyone slighting the club or slacking off would NOT make his birthday card list.

All those who have left / been moved on have in one way or another been a burden to bucks - not in anything major - but rather a threat, a waste of energy and resources catering to their whims or minimizing the damage their immature behaviour could do to bucks.

It makes good sense to me to concentrate efforts and resources where they will do the most good, rather than pandering to one man's ego. Finding solutions and man managment is what he is paid for.

This culling has been deep and it has hurt. Sometimes an infection must be excised lest it corrupts the parent body.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:44 pm

Sleek paste in Carra - kinda sleazy and lowlife not to highlight your inserted opinion to my post in any way - but hey I realize some people are like that.

Me???

I would never reproduce another posters post with my own insertions without adequately declaring such. Smacks of sneakiness and a satirical mind frame but that's your deal not mine old chap.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:02 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
- Dawesy
- Daisy
- Jolly
- H
- Heater
- Wellingham
- even Dids
- Beamsy
- how about MM ?

What a freaking joke.

Sorry i misunderstood your request and u are right and i don't think there is any. I doubt Bucks ever did.

However there are various sources on the record who understand that the Beams walkout was made a lot easier for him by the way he perceived the treatment of his mates daisy and heater.

I dont think anyone will dispute that was in beams mind when brissy came knockin.

I'd dispute that. Beams left for a number of reasons:
1. He wanted to play in Brisbane with his kid brother and to be closer to his sick dad
2. Brisbane offered up a truckload of cash
3. Brisbane had been in his ear for months hence the constant quotes from players in August about Brisbane having heaps of cash and trying to land a player like Beams.

Daisy and Heater wouldn't have come into it in my opinion.

Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:44 pm

I still think Beamer could have fronted at the Copeland trophy night. Oh well.

Go the Pies
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:09 am

Neil Appleby wrote:

I'd dispute that. Beams left for a number of reasons:
1. He wanted to play in Brisbane with his kid brother and to be closer to his sick dad
2. Brisbane offered up a truckload of cash
3. Brisbane had been in his ear for months hence the constant quotes from players in August about Brisbane having heaps of cash and trying to land a player like Beams.

Daisy and Heater wouldn't have come into it in my opinion.

I agree and I think Beams agreed to a Contract with the Lions before we played them this year.

They offered him Massive Contract and that telling them that Beams is there Number 1 Guy.

They did this once they Knew Beams DAD had Cancer so it would be very easy to talk him into it

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:52 am

droversdog65 wrote:
Sleek paste in Carra - kinda sleazy and lowlife not to highlight your inserted opinion to my post in any way - but hey I realize some people are like that.

Me???

I would never reproduce another posters post with my own insertions without adequately declaring such. Smacks of sneakiness and a satirical mind frame but that's your deal not mine old chap.

Some of us have large fingers and small phones. I chose to give fellow nicksters some credit. Sorry if my sartirical mind frame upset u.

But sleazy lowlife old and sneaky ?
Whats that about?
Did i date your sister?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: