Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Was this another pot shot from Beams?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed defender but what else can you expect from a little slimeball who got his way through doing an under the table deal with the biggest sleazeball recruiting mob in the league and then hides behind the 'sick father' excuse.

Bullshit I say, if he wanted to be near his sick father the other northern franchise was a much better option. He went for the money and didn't even have the stones to say so, just cowered behind his manager and smirked like a 13 y.o.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:52 pm
Post subject: Re: Was this another pot shot from Beams?Reply with quote

Joel wrote:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/homecoming-still-hard-work-for-brisbane-lions-star-recruit-dayne-beams-20141215-127kw0.html

Quote:
"I was probably in the better runners during pre-season at Collingwood, but these guys are so fit I'm finding myself back a little bit," he says.

Can't this bloke just shut his mouth and get on with it?

Sounds LIke It.

I starting to think the Father Reason was not the only reason he Pissed Off Evil or Very Mad

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:42 pm

Wokko wrote:
I'm actually happy about the situation, we got 3 for the price of 1 and De Goey has that hope of being as good or better than Beams anyway. Crisp is still young, plenty of footy left and Levi is already a good solid player.

I don't think one trade has favoured US like that in a long time (Well, except Ross Lyin's Luke Ball for Nothing). Laughing

Broomhead and Ramsay for Dawes to a lesser degree.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:51 pm

Will certainly make round 1 interesting, which is probably why he's stirring the pot, he's on bloody big money with them and I'm guessing they want him to promote for them as well, but to turn on us like that lacks class especially after all we did for him, scumbag!!

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:23 am

Pretty much anything he says that isn't glowing praise of Collingwood can be taken as a pot shot if you let it. Or he could be just talking up his new club (as you would) and too ignorant to consider how former fans would interpret it. I'll go with the latter as I don't think he's very bright.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:28 am

swoop42 wrote:
So have we ever had clarification whether Beams dad currently has cancer or when he actually had it and was actively being treated for it?

I only ask because my one and only source told me the other day his dad went through his cancer treatment a couple of seasons back and it was not the current health concern Beams was making it out to be.

Swoop his fathers treatment was completed in September 2014. His father is currently not receiving treatment but is getting 3 monthly check-ups.
Anyone who has suffered from this terrible disease will tell you (along with the medical fraternity) you are never completely in the clear.
His fathers bowel cancer is in the catergory of high risk of returning.
I think the comment is the same comment any player at a new club would make to make his team mates and. DW club feel good.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:12 am

Joel wrote:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/homecoming-still-hard-work-for-brisbane-lions-star-recruit-dayne-beams-20141215-127kw0.html

Quote:
"I was probably in the better runners during pre-season at Collingwood, but these guys are so fit I'm finding myself back a little bit," he says.

Whats he supposed to say Collingwood is far better and most of his team mates are unfit spuds?
No different to when Collingwood put their prized trade player up for interview.

GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:46 am

he wouldnt bag his new team. But if he has a crap year than we see how he handles pressure
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:05 am

The funny thing about Beams is that in the 6 years he played for us,you couldn't get him to say more than two words to the media,but now that he's playing for the Lions he can't shut up apparently,and he can't stop comparing his new club to his old club.I wonder what's brought about this change in the young man?

Last edited by doriswilgus on Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:09 am

You are curious about what's brought about this change in the young man.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:24 am

doriswilgus wrote:
The funny thing about Beams is that in the 6 years he played for us,you couldn't get to say more than two words to the media,but now that he's playing for the Lions he can't shut up apparently,and he can't stop comparing his new club to his old club.I wonder what's brought about this change in the young man?

It's only the fact he was the biggest off-season trade that has made what he says newsworthy. Was probably saying very similar things when he was at the Pies. It's a basic party line and all players are well rehearsed in delivering it.

Personally, I don't give a rats what he says. I certainly don't take it personally. He's no longer a Pies player so his comments mean as much to me as those of the 700 odd other players on the lists of opposition teams.
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:06 am

neil wrote:
Joel wrote:

Quote:

Whats he supposed to say Collingwood is far better and most of his team mates are unfit spuds?
No different to when Collingwood put their prized trade player up for interview.

I think what most people are annoyed with is Beams referencing Collingwood at all during that quote when there was no need for it. He could easily made a similar comment without the using Collingwood as a base to work from - "These guys are super fit and I'm just trying to catch up" or something similar. Referencing Collingwood the way he did makes it seem like a shot at the Collingwood players fitness whether intentional or not.

themonk 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:07 pm

Isn't Beams stating the obvious? our fitness levels are crap
Shocked

Prior to the rotation constraints our midfield consisted of Pendlebury, Swan, Beams, Ball, Sidebottom, Didak, Johnson, Thomas, Shaw & Wellingham. Half of these guys were not known for their fitness levels.

I suspect we are still building a midfield made for stamina.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:51 pm

neil wrote:
Joel wrote:

Quote:

Pretty simply really. Don't make the comparison.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:18 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
who CARES???

Really this from a slimeball who set his club up for a fall with no compunction is simply beneath our notice.

Come on guys lets move on and leave this loser of a person behind.

This is the typical garbage that feeds the ignorant masses.

Dayne Beams is a Collingwood premiership player. We dont have enough of them to treat them like poop.

Can someone please let our coach know asap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7   

Jump to: