Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ben Reid Calf Injury

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
He's had injury setbacks in the past twelve months but before that I'm sick to death of hearing of this injury myth that he's been enduring for many years. Check his statistics to prove that he's played more than 20 games since 2010 apart from this year which was disappointing.

This is a disappointing setback but hopefully come round 1 he'll be raring to go. Hopefully the club can identify and address this recurring problem that Ben is experiencing at the present time.

FFS the sky is falling and your talking facts!!!!!
This is Nicks where any injury is end of season for the club and any kids who is yet to play a game is a triple brownlow winning 300 game player

GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:36 am

so when do we start the sack Davoren topic lol
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:25 am

jackcass wrote:
yin-YANG wrote:
Reid really needs a customised training regime - he is quite tall and the body might not be up to the standard training - I would tailor an easier plan - he does not have the fitness or speed of White for example but he is a lot more talented - we should be looking to maximise his chances of getting out on the park - whatever it takes - cotton wool whatever!

On a brighter note Balme has already done a better job than Eade Smile

I can't believe he wouldn't be on a program that included lots of yoga and pilates. Whole team really.isnt that what cross-training is meant to be about.

I remember some footage of Harry taking some of the other players through a yoga session and I thought then it was strange we didn't have a dedicated trainer/instructor rather than a player taking the class!

Obviously players with injuries have a different program I think we need a more customised program approach - surely guys who are the midfield runners have different training needs compared with KPP etc? Surely mature bodies need a different training program? The playing group would of course do basics together but surely Reid would have a special program that focuses on his game and his physical history etc. If he does then it needs to be analysed and amended!

I think the comment that he has a huge upper body and chicken legs is true and many players with this type of physique have spent too much time in the gym - and then the sidelines…maybe the club needs to look at that Essendon old man Fletcher that is skinny and lanky without the huge upper body and still going strong approaching 40!

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:15 pm

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:30 pm

really feel for reid. not being able to get put onto the track must be hugely frustrating.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:34 pm

Unless we can find some guru sports scientist with vials full of cactus blood and fetal sap we are history until 2017.

Oh hang on we are anyway.

When is it time for Mr Dav and Mr First Holden to be thank u'd for your services?

ITS TIME to commence plan B implementation.

Problem is 80% of this board would sack all the football department and extend the coach until 2020. Rather then admit they might be Wrrrrrronnnng.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:06 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Unless we can find some guru sports scientist with vials full of cactus blood and fetal sap we are history until 2017.

Oh hang on we are anyway.

When is it time for Mr Dav and Mr First Holden to be thank u'd for your services?

ITS TIME to commence plan B implementation.

Problem is 80% of this board would sack all the football department and extend the coach until 2020. Rather then admit they might be Wrrrrrronnnng.

Gee it didn't take long. With all the new recruits things were looking very optimistic for a while but a calf strain has quickly seen the end of that.

Now we are back to sacking everytbody including the boot studder.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:26 pm

Looking optimistic - are u for real?

Varcoe greenwood and a pack of chips.

If someone told u on October 1 that they were coming in to the club (on super coin) and we were losing Beamer and H because they are disillusioned with the club, what would u have said?

Now one of our few remaining AA's pops a calf in a warm up.

This optimistic garbage is for StKilda, well at least they have a vision and a plan.
Our last update is we are top4 every year and a flag within 18 months.
Talk about golden child, Hafey got sacked for a poor few months.

Most here were celebrating Lappin's removal. Yoo bloody hoo all our problems are solved. Also buying the cost cutting line. 2 weeks later we pay a king's ransom for the only bloke in football that can bs the media and fan base that our coach has any respect on the outside world.

You are aware that after a respectful mourning period the coaches association will be implementing rules which ban a similar appointment?

Get a grip. Buttifant and Walsh should have been enough for anyone with an IQ over 80 to at least ask the question.

Want me to repost all the premiership player quotes?

I feel for him but there is no evidence on the job training is helping. Meanwhile my club has disappeared from premiership contention.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:24 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Looking optimistic - are u for real?

Varcoe greenwood and a pack of chips.

If someone told u on October 1 that they were coming in to the club (on super coin) and we were losing Beamer and H because they are disillusioned with the club, what would u have said?

Now one of our few remaining AA's pops a calf in a warm up.

This optimistic garbage is for StKilda, well at least they have a vision and a plan.
Our last update is we are top4 every year and a flag within 18 months.
Talk about golden child, Hafey got sacked for a poor few months.

Most here were celebrating Lappin's removal. Yoo bloody hoo all our problems are solved. Also buying the cost cutting line. 2 weeks later we pay a king's ransom for the only bloke in football that can bs the media and fan base that our coach has any respect on the outside world.

You are aware that after a respectful mourning period the coaches association will be implementing rules which ban a similar appointment?

Get a grip. Buttifant and Walsh should have been enough for anyone with an IQ over 80 to at least ask the question.

Want me to repost all the premiership player quotes?

I feel for him but there is no evidence on the job training is helping. Meanwhile my club has disappeared from premiership contention.

So you are not buying a membership or going to any Collingwood games this year Rolling Eyes

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:48 pm

Dave mate don't bother with such people, it's always the same song and dance - just let them go their own miserable doomsaying way and let them take their negativeness with them.

Look outside Dave the sun is shining and xmas is on our doorstep. Forget the grinches of this world and get out there and LIVE a little man.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:48 pm

Faaar out, Im over injuries to players!!

I go for Wests Tigers and last year was just injury riddled and cost us a chance at finals.

I go for Liverpool and our saviour Daniel Sturridge is just having one injury after another and it has derailed our tilt at top four.

The Aussie cricket team, Clarke and then Marsh again!! plus others.

NOW REID!!!!

Im gonna go nuts if Collingwood have any more drop off.

Nobody will be taking their eyes off Reids injury and if it becomes
the regulation 4 to 6 month injury instead of 4-6 weeks, it will be a riot!!

Just give me (us ) a friggin break.

Rant over

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:51 pm

If i can ill be there DTM.
I hope i can buy you a few 8oz at The Royal whilst we drown another thumping and dream of the new social club.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:55 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
Dave mate don't bother with such people, it's always the same song and dance - just let them go their own miserable doomsaying way and let them take their negativeness with them.

Look outside Dave the sun is shining and xmas is on our doorstep. Forget the grinches of this world and get out there and LIVE a little man.

How's the collie Robbie?
sorry it's Jack yeah?
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:07 pm

All good here Carra ease up on the doom and gloom man, you'll get Dave all flusterbated misheaded.

I'm sitting here in the sun with my laptop on my lap, soaking up some glorious rays with a beaded pot of lager at my side. The sun will rise tomorrow and the birds will sing, Buckley will still be in charge of the boys but answerable to Eddie and shit will happen when it will.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:48 am

The worst part of Reid being injured is that if it's a repeat of last years profile then White is again exposed as second tall - NOT what we recruited him for.

I for one have my fingers and just about everything else crossed that it's a simple calf strain and is easily recovered from meaning just a blip in his preparation but I'm pretty sure our tactical boys are working out scenarios.

So how do we restructure if Reid is out longer term?

Is Moore an option? He has the tools but how big a risk is it to put him on the line from the get go?

Who else has the height, mobility and tools to fill that 2nd tall forward slot?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: