Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Was this a good deed?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I wear a 12, float between a 11.5 and 14 depending on the shoe. i was actually looking a buying then for my son. He's an 11

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:10 pm

Ya know what they say, big feet

um

Big Shoes.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:25 pm

1061 wrote:
Ya know what they say, big feet

um

Big Shoes.

Scary if he's "floating" between an 11 an 14, you'd have to pray for shrinkage

Not that there's anything wrong with that, jerry

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:42 am

And I picked you for a rapidly fluctuating hat size, not shoe size. Shocked
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:43 am

Do you mind if I tell other people.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:04 pm
Post subject: Re: Was this a good deed?Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Scenario, I found myself having to park at Box Hill Centro for a couple of hours. No free parking, take a ticket from the machine and pay before you try to drive out. $1 for first 3 hours, not exactly exorbitant.

So, time to leave, head to the machine with a dollar coin in my hand, asian girl is in front of me so goes first.

She sticks in some coins and the price counts down to 50c payable and then it gets fun. She puts in a $1 coin and it spits straight through. Repeat this about 15 times, same result. By now there's 5 people behind me waiting to pay and she's feeling the pressure. She starts asking me how to cancel the action in broken english. Buggered if I know, I've never parked here before and the machine is covered in characters as well as English so your guess is as good as mine.

But anyway, I lean past her, check out the machine, find the cancel button and push it. Her ticket pokes back out, she's happy with that, and then pokes it back in the machine and ground hog day ensues.

Now that I'm paying attention, I lean forward and explain to her that the machine is having issues with her putting in a $1 coin for a 50c bill, it doesn't give change.

Oh, ok, now we're digging in the coin purse and dropping in 5c pieces. The price owed is diminishing until it hits 10c and she's buggered, she has 2 coins left, a 50c and a $1. So I lean past her and drop in a 10c piece.

Poor bugger looks grateful and embarrassed at the same time. She turns around and offers me the 50c piece in her hand, which I decline with a wave and say no, all good. She gives me a little bow with both hands under the chin and says thank you (I've never actually had someone do that before), grabbed her now validated ticket and took off like she was being chased.

With the queue behind me now substantial, I paid my $1 bill and was out of there very quickly.

Does that count as doing a good deed? I'd like to claim it, I don't do very many.

Went past box hill Centro today and thought I'd finish my Christmas shopping, ugh big mistake, huge! I thought Id left the country. Dumpy, like a maze, crap shops, and to top it off, that parking machine? Dead. As a door nail. So the guard points me to another one in a very unchristmaslike fashion. And that one has a queue out the door, and the poeple in the queue are acting like its Chinese new years! Save the happy shit, I hate queues. So I walk a hundred metres or so to the next one. No one there! But I don't have a dollar coin. But yes 2 50c peices! It's ok, it gave me change from a $2 coin!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:41 pm

Took my MIL & FIL to Essendon for my MIL pace maker check. My father in law says "we will take you to lunch" they insisted, so I said we would go to Footscray footy club, as he's a mad bulldog fan.
Driving up to the kennel, I'm pointing out the new fence to him, I see 3 mums sitting inside the fence having a good old chat, and a heap of rug rats running around.

And I see an 18 month old run out the gate towards Barkley street. I gasp, and I think I said shit or oh my god, I blow the horn to the mums, I Pull over, run back, & pick him up as he steps off the gutter.

I don't even know what they said to me when I handed him back, cos I'd left my in laws in the car, half on the road with the door wide open!

Poor mum might need another check up!

Yeah that's my good dead for the day I think!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:51 pm

Saw something on another bulletin board I frequent about a request for financial assistance from someone.

Her husband was a deputy sheriff in the USA and was injured badly in a car accident back in 2012.

Here's a link to the crowd funding page.

http://www.gofundme.com/deputycantrell

I read all the posts on the BB first, including questions about how the insurance and workers comp works, which is apparently different on a state by state basis.

So anyway, I made a donation and got a nice email thank you back. Even though the target has been achieved she's left it open after encouragement from other people. Seems to be a genuine case, I'm glad I could help. Any of you want to do similar, feel free.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:36 pm

Great cause, ill donate tomorrow (watching telly in bed!) love the idea of the go fund me pages,really good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: