Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Greenpeace criminals

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:28 pm
Post subject: The Greenpeace criminalsReply with quote

These Greenpeace criminals are a disgrace. Their intolerance and bigotry to anyone who disagrees with them is such that they feel they are above the law to promote their causes.

Just how stupid these criminals are is anyone's guess.

Do they really believe that these criminal acts will have any impact on the climate talks? China has already agreed with Obama that they will do nothing until 2030, other than more than double their nuclear reactors and rely on hydro. India has already said it is more important to alleviate poverty than climate change. The US due to switching to CSG due to cracking has been able to reduce it's emissions but with the republicans in charge of both houses, I can see them being swayed by these criminals to take more action - NOT.

To anyone who contributes to them, must make you feel wonderful to realise that your funds are being used to de face national monuments. Time for change indeed. Change your donations to organisations who are worthy of receiving your money.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/13/world/americas/peru-is-indignant-after-greenpeace-makes-its-mark-on-ancient-site.html?ribbon-ad-idx=4&rref=world/americas&module=Ribbon&version=context&region=Header&action=click&contentCollection=Americas&pgtype=article
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit dumb and counterproductive, no doubt, but the damage done here is minuscule compared to that which will be wrought to our planet (and its various heritage sites) by insufficient action on climate change. That's real vandalism.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:56 pm

David wrote:
A bit dumb and counterproductive, no doubt, but the damage done here is minuscule compared to that which will be wrought to our planet (and its various heritage sites) by insufficient action on climate change. That's real vandalism.

A bit dumb - try criminal act of vandalism. Shame that the criminals have fled the country it seems.

As I said, their bigotry and intolerance is such that they believe they are above the law to pursue their causes.

Deputy Culture Minister Luis Jaime Castillo called it a “slap in the face at everything Peruvians consider sacred.”
He said the government would seek to prevent those responsible from leaving the country and ask prosecutors to file charges of “attacking archaeological monuments,” a crime punishable by up to six years in prison.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:31 pm

Heavens above, you make it sound like they assassinated someone, as opposed to paying insufficient respect to a heritage site. Spare your moral outrage for the acts of torture our government helped facilitate, or the children killed by drone strikes, or, better still, the entire countries at risk of disappearing due to rising sea levels.

Is it possible that if a mining company had 'accidentally' desecrated an Incan archaeological site your outrage might be a little more muted? Or is your hatred of climate change activists so acute that you're looking for something, anything to pin on them? If the latter, you'll have to do better than this.

Last edited by David on Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:32 pm

Yes, total buffoons. But David is right.

Start talking criminal, lowlife scum after they've invaded two countries they know nothing about, created murderous civil war and millions of refugees, and crashed the global economy.

There are degrees of stupidity and criminality, after all.

OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:16 pm

Greenpeace does a lot of important, courageous and justified protests but unfortunately this isn't one of their finest moments.

Any small amount of research would have alerted then to the potential to cause significant or even permanent damage to this area. It was a poor decision to commit the act and not allowing the authorities access to those who planned and carried out the act is shows an reluctance to accept responsibility for their actions.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:19 pm

Oh I get it. Very interesting.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:23 pm

As expected the usual suspects have weighed in trying to down play the incident given that it relates to their pet beliefs and to deflect to simplistic assertions concerning other more complex issues rather than this straight forward act of criminal trespass.

I wonder what their response would have been if the banner read " Lima another monument to the waste of the green religion".
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:32 pm

im a greenie but I agree, if they did cause damage then peru should file charges. its a sacred site, imagine the uproar if the big red rock got damaged
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:45 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:
As expected the usual suspects have weighed in trying to down play the incident given that it relates to their pet beliefs and to deflect to simplistic assertions concerning other more complex issues rather than this straight forward act of criminal trespass.

I wonder what their response would have been if the banner read " Lima another monument to the waste of the green religion".

I've already said it was dumb and counterproductive. What more do you want me to suggest? Public execution?

Your position on this is clearly disingenuous—I don't believe that "trampling on heritage sites" is a crime that usually grinds your gears—so how can you expect a serious response?

There've been countless stories in recent years of developers causing far more significant damage to ancient ruins, but I don't recall any rants from you about "criminal corporations". And before you accuse me of hypocrisy too, yeah I thought it was a bit shit, but I hardly lost any sleep over it then.

So, in summary, some environmental activists have more passion than brains, and on this occasion have put their foot in it big time. Now, remind me what you've done for the environment lately.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:25 pm

OEP wrote:
Greenpeace does a lot of important, courageous and justified protests but unfortunately this isn't one of their finest moments.

Any small amount of research would have alerted then to the potential to cause significant or even permanent damage to this area. It was a poor decision to commit the act and not allowing the authorities access to those who planned and carried out the act is shows an reluctance to accept responsibility for their actions.

Agree completely, with one caveat. Organisations generally don't do this kind of stuff, people do. The person who did this should face whatever the appropriate punishment is and the Organisation (Greenpeace) should not stand in the way of allowing that to happen or else they are condoning and supporting what the person did.

If, on the other hand, this was a deliberately endorsed act by a person acting under instructions with the support of the organisation, that's seriously showing they've got issues.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:55 pm

David wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:

I've already said it was dumb and counterproductive. What more do you want me to suggest? Public execution?

Your position on this is clearly disingenuous—I don't believe that "trampling on heritage sites" is a crime that usually grinds your gears—so how can you expect a serious response?

There've been countless stories in recent years of developers causing far more significant damage to ancient ruins, but I don't recall any rants from you about "criminal corporations". And before you accuse me of hypocrisy too, yeah I thought it was a bit shit, but I hardly lost any sleep over it then.

So, in summary, some environmental activists have more passion than brains, and on this occasion have put their foot in it big time. Now, remind me what you've done for the environment lately.

Why do you bother to respond to such tripe? TBF is merely trying to shit stir.

Next he'll tell us that the Mad Misogynist Miners Monk is good to his word Wink

BTW, do you like how those lovely clean coal exporters & the dredging of the Great Barrier Reef up in Queensland is going?

thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:05 am

David/WPT

Simple question for you both.

If the Peruvian Government wants the names of the relevant people who have perpetrated this crime, so that they can launch legal proceedings against these people, do you support Greenpeace supplying the names so that they can be tried before a court of law for their actions?
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:18 am

stui magpie wrote:
OEP wrote:

Agree completely, with one caveat. Organisations generally don't do this kind of stuff, people do. The person who did this should face whatever the appropriate punishment is and the Organisation (Greenpeace) should not stand in the way of allowing that to happen or else they are condoning and supporting what the person did.

If, on the other hand, this was a deliberately endorsed act by a person acting under instructions with the support of the organisation, that's seriously showing they've got issues.

Both excellent posts. You can support Greenpeace if you want, but they are not above the law.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:50 am

thebaldfacts wrote:
David/WPT

Simple question for you both.

If the Peruvian Government wants the names of the relevant people who have perpetrated this crime, so that they can launch legal proceedings against these people, do you support Greenpeace supplying the names so that they can be tried before a court of law for their actions?

I don't know. Maybe. Are they legally obliged to? I can certainly see why they'd want to cooperate from a PR perspective. But if they're worried about their members being made an example of with unduly harsh sentences, I could see why they might want to protect them. In any case, the response of Greenpeace US seems to suggest that they'll support the Peruvian authorities in pursuing these evildoers.

Now, is there any chance I can divert your attention from hummingbirds to a matter of slightly more global relevance?

http://abc.net.au/news/2014-12-14/lima-un-talks-agree-building-blocks-for-2015-climate-deal/5966370

Quote:
About 190 nations have agreed on the building blocks of a new-style global deal due in 2015 to combat climate change amid warnings that far tougher action will be needed to limit rising world temperatures.

Under the Lima deal, governments will submit national plans for reining in greenhouse gas emissions by an informal deadline of March 31, 2015, to form the basis of a global agreement due at a summit in Paris in a year's time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: