Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Swan unleashes on the Herald scum!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
it's just a cleverly drawn tattoo of rolls of fat. I must say it looks very realistic.

I didn't really want to chew the fat on this but the chinese dragon with 3 chins could do with some work!

476149-af9531d0-81dd-11e4-b7a3-5366c32c384a.jpg

Brenny 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:59 pm

Woods wrote:
Brenny wrote:
I've met the bloke a few times who took the photo. He is actually really upset and meant no harm in taking the photo.

He's quite distressed.

If he took the photo and is upset at the derogatory way in which it was used (even if he sold the rights for its use) he can seek legal remedy under 'Moral Rights' under the Copyright Act.

The Australian Copyright Council has a PDF explaining it at: http://www.copyright.org.au/find-an-answer/browse-by-keywords/

This is short extract from it:

“Moral rights” are the rights individual creators have in relation to copyright works or films they have created.
Moral rights are separate from the “economic rights” of the copyright owner. The creator of a work, who holds moral rights, is not necessarily the owner of copyright in the work.
Creators have three moral rights.
• to be attributed (or credited) for their work;
• not to have their work falsely attributed; and
not to have their work treated in a derogatory way.

Perhaps Swan's management or CollFC's legal people might do the legwork on the photographer's behalf.

EDIT: the link above will take you to the Aust. Copyright Council's search page. Just type in the word 'moral' and go from there.

I believe he does all the training pics for Collingwood which appear on the website and he uses some for himself.

I must make clear, I have no idea of his arrangement with Collingwood. That is, I don't know who owns the photos if there is money involved and what's the 'rules' surrounding the photos he takes that are not used.

I just wanted to make that clear.

But from my own personal point of view, I'd have never posted that photo online to begin with. It's not very flattering.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:31 am

3.14159 wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
it's just a cleverly drawn tattoo of rolls of fat. I must say it looks very realistic.

I didn't really want to chew the fat on this but the chinese dragon with 3 chins could do with some work!

hmm, looks more like a pair of long, smacky lips. I'd have drawn in a cuban as well Smile

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:01 pm

Brenny wrote:
Woods wrote:
Brenny wrote:
I've met the bloke a few times who took the photo. He is actually really upset and meant no harm in taking the photo.

He's quite distressed.

If he took the photo and is upset at the derogatory way in which it was used (even if he sold the rights for its use) he can seek legal remedy under 'Moral Rights' under the Copyright Act.

The Australian Copyright Council has a PDF explaining it at: http://www.copyright.org.au/find-an-answer/browse-by-keywords/

This is short extract from it:

“Moral rights” are the rights individual creators have in relation to copyright works or films they have created.
Moral rights are separate from the “economic rights” of the copyright owner. The creator of a work, who holds moral rights, is not necessarily the owner of copyright in the work.
Creators have three moral rights.
• to be attributed (or credited) for their work;
• not to have their work falsely attributed; and
not to have their work treated in a derogatory way.

Perhaps Swan's management or CollFC's legal people might do the legwork on the photographer's behalf.

EDIT: the link above will take you to the Aust. Copyright Council's search page. Just type in the word 'moral' and go from there.

I believe he does all the training pics for Collingwood which appear on the website and he uses some for himself.

I must make clear, I have no idea of his arrangement with Collingwood. That is, I don't know who owns the photos if there is money involved and what's the 'rules' surrounding the photos he takes that are not used.

I just wanted to make that clear.

But from my own personal point of view, I'd have never posted that photo online to begin with. It's not very flattering.

I think I know who you're talking about Brenny as this man works for the club in some capacity but I don't want to name anyone for obvious reasons.

If he's distressed about it then he shouldn't be because an image of his has been exploited to create a meaningless headline and to sell newspapers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: