Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Training Report - 12th of Dec

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:33 pm
Post subject: Training Report - 12th of DecReply with quote

Well I went down and was good to watch the Boys.

Glad to see the new boys. Mason Cox stands out. Okay Kicker but let’s the ball go to high in the Ball Drop

Moore looked very good. Kicking in Drills where good and exciting to see Moore Smash White on a Lead where Moore go to the Ball before White. Also played on Grundy a bit.

Did not see much of the Others. Though I did notice how Clean De Goey was, very much a 1 Touch Player. Maynard kicking for goal holds the ball bit funny. Bit like when you want to Kick a Torp.

Abbott just walked laps.

Did not notice the Others.

Greenwood did 3 QTRs of Training and Crisp and Varcoe did a Full Training

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers DTM.

I was just watching the video of Jesse White... reckons he's dropped 8KG (yes you read that right 8kg) .... and knocked 27 seconds off his 2km... .that is ridiculous.

Does anyone have any idea what sort of times the players are doing in the 2km time trials? Just curious.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:26 pm

IF jessie is tellin tru then he appears to understand that his spot is under serious threat - and quite rightly so.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:34 pm

Thanks for the report Dave! Much appreciated Smile
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:46 pm

I attended too. Didn't notice Moore and commented as such to my son.

De Goey got quite a bit of footy and used it consistently well. Excited by what he can bring with some work.

Freeman's pace noticeable. Not always the best finisher but will play senior football this year.

Thought Steele got amongst it, although his ball use was consistently 'wobbly'.

In general I thought the ball use was poor. Looking at you in particular Paul Seedsman.

Nice to see everyone out there, if only doing laps, in the case of Scharanberg and Reid. We're in better knick on the injury front than last year.
Pendles did a lot of lap running. Hopefully his fitness base is not going to have too much impact on his season, with Beams gone and Swan largely running/sprinting laps too, it could be tough going in our midfield.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:57 pm

Time to stop using the interchange bench for impact and use it for slowly building fitness levels perhaps Albert. Our midfield will likely still not be up to 100% so rotate the midfield through it, forget about impact players.

This would have the dual effect of easing our not totally fit established stars into the season and allowing our aspiring mids some invaluable game time centre stage.

It's certainly not an ideal situation but better - I think - than allowing our NQR stars to play out the full game at full intensity with the increased risk of aggravating an almost recovered injury.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:08 pm

Ever since I first got my peepers onto young Abbott he's reminded me of someone that I couldn't quite put my finger on until just now.

Phil Manassa.

Both unfashionable type footballers with untypical backgrounds I suppose.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:56 pm
Post subject: Re: Training Report - 12th of DecReply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:

Glad to see the new boys. Mason Cox stands out. Okay Kicker but let’s the ball go to high in the Ball Drop

Moore looked very good. Kicking in Drills where good and exciting to see Moore Smash White on a Lead where Moore go to the Ball before White. Also played on Grundy a bit.

Did not see much of the Others. Though I did notice how Clean De Goey was, very much a 1 Touch Player. Maynard kicking for goal holds the ball bit funny. Bit like when you want to Kick a Torp.

Abbott just walked laps.

Surprised to hear Moore beat White on the lead, I know Moores pretty quick but he wouldnt be as quick as White, did Moore just read it better Dave?

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:19 pm

Moore is reputedly a very good reader of the incoming ball Defender perhaps he just read it better through the air. Would that be it Dave?
Stupied 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:27 pm

Defender wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Abbott just walked laps.

Surprised to hear Moore beat White on the lead, I know Moores pretty quick but he wouldnt be as quick as White, did Moore just read it better Dave?

I wouldn't discount Moore being as quick or faster than White. He's extremely agile for his height. It's part of what makes him such an attractive key position prospect.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:28 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
Moore is reputedly a very good reader of the incoming ball Defender perhaps he just read it better through the air. Would that be it Dave?

Then again, White has a history of being laconic during games lol, wouldn't surprise me one bit to hear he isn't the best trainer going round.

You like this.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:31 pm

Stupied wrote:
Defender wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Abbott just walked laps.

I wouldn't discount Moore being as quick or faster than White. He's extremely agile for his height. It's part of what makes him such an attractive key position prospect.

white isn't just quick mate, he's very quick, he'd give Buddy a run for his money IMO, watch his last finals games for Sydney, the man can move when he wants too.

You like this.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:35 pm

Yeah White has serious wheels on him, but as you say he can be laconic which just about covers the best and worst of Jessie.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:15 pm

I'm just home after a very long day, but I did get to training this morning and will post a detailed report when I get some time over the weekend, but a few quick observations.

•Longest training session I have seen. Players were on the track for 2 hrs 45 minutes.
•Spoke to a few boys as they finished and they were buggered.
•Brenden Abbott walked laps and told us that he smashed his ankle in his last Claremont game. He was heading off to have x-rays to see if he needed surgery.
•Broomhead was BOG in just about everything. Knocked up winning stoppage clearances. He also won every sprint in his group of which there were very many.
•Freeman, Sidey, Adams, Seedsman were also prominent.

If I were awarding votes on effort, possessions and dominance, they would read something like this:
5. Broomhead
4. Freeman
3. Seedsman
2. Sidey
1. Adams

More later.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:19 pm

That tidbit about Abbott's ankle would explain his condition - he SERIOUSLY looks like he's been in a bloody good paddock! lol.

He obviously hasn't been particularly mobile since that game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6   

Jump to: