Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Training Report - 12th of Dec

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Agree with the observations about Broomy. He will play regular senior football in 2015.

Also, Dees were training at Gosch's paddock and around the Tan.
Was sure that a certain 'Prince' had a good look at my son in his Black and White striped jumper and had a longing-to-return look on his face.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:33 pm

Well Albert who can blame him???

But really H fits in much better in the 'toffs' team and dad used to call the d's, much more their style than ours.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:58 pm

Wasn't suggesting we get him back, although he had been a favourite in the day, he was becoming a little disfunctional.
Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:30 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:

If I were awarding votes on effort, possessions and dominance, they would read something like this:
5. Broomhead
4. Freeman
3. Seedsman
2. Sidey
1. Adams

More later.

Fangs.......Dripping wet! If these five can go crazy next year and beyond, you bloody ripper.

Sidey has been very good for a few years, if he gets even better, watch out! I want Sidey to win an ANZAC medal......apart from Swan or Pendles so they equal Hird on medals. Doesn't matter, Pendles will end up with five ANZAC medals! Smile

I saw Freezer in the NAB practice game against Geelong (I blinked, and missed it)......let's hope the injuries are a thing of the past. Good build, and by all reports, can play.

Seedy.........can play, can be laconic, age and experience hopefully has him in our best.

Broomy........He'll be fine. He just needs AFL game time to show what he's got. We've seen a glimpse, but his hard work and talent will paint the picture in time.

Ads........He's our next accumulator (as I see it). A cross between O'Bree and Swanny......More Swanny than O'Bee though.

Go the Pies!

Thanks for your report too, Dave. Much appreciated.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:28 am
Post subject: Re: Training Report - 12th of DecReply with quote

Stupied wrote:
Defender wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Well I went down and was good to watch the Boys.

Glad to see the new boys. Mason Cox stands out. Okay Kicker but lets the ball go to high in the Ball Drop

Moore looked very good. Kicking in Drills where good and exciting to see Moore Smash White on a Lead where Moore go to the Ball before White. Also played on Grundy a bit.

Did not see much of the Others. Though I did notice how Clean De Goey was, very much a 1 Touch Player. Maynard kicking for goal holds the ball bit funny. Bit like when you want to Kick a Torp.

Abbott just walked laps.

Did not notice the Others.

Greenwood did 3 QTRs of Training and Crisp and Varcoe did a Full Training

Surprised to hear Moore beat White on the lead, I know Moores pretty quick but he wouldnt be as quick as White, did Moore just read it better Dave?

I wouldn't discount Moore being as quick or faster than White. He's extremely agile for his height. It's part of what makes him such an attractive key position prospect.

Can often be about gaining separation rather than just who's quickest.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:36 am

jackcass wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Defender wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Glad to see the new boys. Mason Cox stands out. Okay Kicker but lets the ball go to high in the Ball Drop

Moore looked very good. Kicking in Drills where good and exciting to see Moore Smash White on a Lead where Moore go to the Ball before White. Also played on Grundy a bit.

Did not see much of the Others. Though I did notice how Clean De Goey was, very much a 1 Touch Player. Maynard kicking for goal holds the ball bit funny. Bit like when you want to Kick a Torp.

Abbott just walked laps.

Surprised to hear Moore beat White on the lead, I know Moores pretty quick but he wouldnt be as quick as White, did Moore just read it better Dave?

I wouldn't discount Moore being as quick or faster than White. He's extremely agile for his height. It's part of what makes him such an attractive key position prospect.

Can often be about gaining separation rather than just who's quickest.

I didn't get to training, but from the video grabs it seemed White was trying to body Moore before leading to achieve separation. Moore simply had him covered though & got to the kick first. He looks a very good prospect.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:42 am

Defender wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Defender wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Abbott just walked laps.

white isn't just quick mate, he's very quick, he'd give Buddy a run for his money IMO, watch his last finals games for Sydney, the man can move when he wants too.

White is very quick, but Moore is probably quicker still. In the u/18 champs he has picked up ground balls & sprinted into goal leaving everyone in his wake. Very fast & very agile. Given he is 199cm, then we have plenty to work with for the future.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:07 am

Talk about enthusiastic, I am over the frickin moon with all this good training form.

Bit concerned over Abbott, drives me crazy that he is only just now getting an xray for an injury that happened a couple months ago and just how much out of condition is he? Questions arising already, hope not. I want him to be gun.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:12 am

Magpie Abbott strikes me as a similar to Swanny in his utterly laid back and disconnected attitude to all things. It may just be a certain lack of urgency factor or it may be something more telling. He has been through a tough time recently and at such times we tend to seek comfort in our own ways.

Think its definitely time for some fully connected mentoring though.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:14 am
Post subject: Open Training Report: Friday Dec 12 (pics added)Reply with quote

Open Training Session/Family Day: Friday 12 December

The first sunny day for the week and we arrived nice and early. Too early really. Pulled up outside the Westpac Centre at 8:15 am. My sidekicks are fanatics even the 85 year old! Got a park and then a leisurely breakfast.

At 9 we stumbled upon a viewing area and watched the new boys warming up in the glasshouse. Never knew about this vantage point. Sharenberg was doing kicking work with Da Goey. When there was a mis-kick, Shazza would very gingerly make sure he retrieved the ball without moving off a straight line.

At 9:15 the boys were called out and so we moved out to the oval too. Training followed the same pattern as last Monday except that it went much longer. It started with the same drills for about the first hour and then match practice began. Voice notes taken on my phone for accuracy.

One of these drills went for about 30 minutes and involved Black V Pink teams. Only Pink team had a ruckman (Witts) and he was practising hitting the ball to his centre-men (Freeman, Seedsman, Broomhead, Pendlebury). The black team basically tried to shark the ball. The object of this drill was to win the clearance and delivery quickly into the forward 50. When I asked Witts about this drill later, he said they were trying various drills to improve clearance work and that this was one Bucks and Burns were very keen on. Broomhead shone in this session.

Brenden Abbott says he may need surgery on his right ankle. He would find out this week. He walked a few laps only.

Ben Reid ran laps only. Swanny did the same routine as Monday. When we asked him how he was travelling he said he was trying to look as if he was working hard but was doing as little as possible.

Alan Toovey says he had a terrible injury year. He had groin, thigh and back injuries and just couldnt get right. He says he is on track with his programme and is injury free. He is three weeks away from joining full training.

Players still not doing full training: Cloke, Toovey, Levi Greenwood, Swan, Sharenberg, Macaffer, Abbott, Reid.

Levi Greenwood did all the warm up drills but as soon as the match practice began he went off to his trainer and began running laps. No wonder we cant get a handle on his training!

In the match practice a few players were ball magnets and dominated. Seedsman, Broomhead, Adams, Freeman and Sidebottom were everywhere.

In one of these sessions the ball came out of a pack and hit the ground. Players converged. Young and new boy Maynard attack the ball. Maynard wins it without hesitation. He likes the hard ball this boy!

Loved the way Freeman played. He just burst through packs took possession and delivered into the forward 50. His passing wasnt always spot on, but it was his taking possession that stood out.

Coaches were placed around the perimeter and told players where to run and lead and where to kick. This was very controlled work. It made me realise what a lot of work goes on behind the scenes with the coaching group.

Moore played CHB on Corey Gault. Gault kicked a goal after being infringed by Moore. That kick was 60 metres!

Various players came out of these match practice drills to do individual training. Jono Marsh was one, Cloke was another.

By this time the aroma of cooking sausages began to waft over the oval.

The final match practice session was a modified match. Half the ground was used a bit like Little League. Goal posts were set up at CHF at each end. The summer surgery boys were excluded including Witts. These boys went and did private work.

Ball enters Yarra end to a leading Jessie White. White drops the ball and is beaten pointless once the ball hits the turf by Timmy Broomhead who is absolutely everywhere.

Nick Maxwell turns up to watch.

After about two hours when we thought the session was going to finish up, the players broke into about four groups to do sprinting drills. Broomhead won every sprint in his group.

Another group ran 400 metre laps. The race finished in this order: Young, Freeman, Sidey, Varcoe, Seedsman, Adams, Armstrong, Crisp Ramsay, Kennedy, Blair, Williams, Langdon and last Karnezis. Wonder if Karnezis has gastro again?

A repeat lap was run with very similar results and with Karnezis last again. Every race this week has seen Karnezis finish last.

After 2 hours and 45 minutes players with pens in hand go across to meet supporters. About 200-300 supporters were here.

Michael Manteit says his nickname is Mike. I think we can do something about this Nicksters!

I try to think of a question to ask Darcy. These boys have been asked every question imaginable by the time I get the chance, hell, even the Bike Police are asking for photo opps with Darcy. I ask Darcy for his favourite piece of classical music. He pauses, thinks before coming up with Tchaikovskys Swan Lake. You cant go wrong with that, he smiles.
I would have been more impressed with Bach or Mozart, but heh, how many of his teammates could have come up with a name?

Well done Collingwood for involving your supporter base so early in the new footy year. It was a very well run event.

Pics here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/98725876@N02/

Last edited by Neil Appleby on Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
magman29 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:45 pm

Thanks for your great report mate. Its great for us supporters up here in the country.I always look forward to your post,it keeps me going thru the preseason..very appreciative..keep em coming... Very Happy
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:59 pm

Once again you've done Nicks' proud Neil. Smile
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:21 pm

Sack Moore. Tchaikovsky is not classical music.
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:53 pm

If Karnezis has the same stomach bug I had it'll take him anywhere from a one to two weeks to get past it, and it really is a bad bug. Personally I felt very drained and my body ached. If he's in the same boat I'd be very impressed by the fact he's even finishing any of the running.

On the rest of the report, great read and really good to hear players like Seedsman, Broomhead and Adams are performing at such a high level.

Last edited by OEP on Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:57 pm

Once again Neil great write up on training, thank you very much mate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: