Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The MYTHunderstood factors in TRUE forward line pressure.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep dw it's looming as a watershed year, with Freeman first and then Shazza later making appearences in the 1's if all goes well.

I can see this year as being looked upon in future times as a sort of a rebirth year. Right through it's history Collingwood has built it's teams around physical pressure and athletic prowess.

With the coming of the two mentioned above, with manboob and Abbott in the pipeline and young Grundy and Witts starting to fire up we are shaping as a physically and phsycologically intimidating outfit again.

And about bloody time too!
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:09 pm

Brilliant, thought-provoking post Droversdog65 and great discussion!!
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:10 pm

gday simon, I certainly understand your point of view and to a large degree sympathise with it and agree that injuries and rule changes have forced us into an almost untenable situation at times.

Please don't get me wrong, my comments are general and not directed at any individuals or even groups BUT outside of the team there is this reverence for all things 'swarmlike'.

You can see through the player acquisitions what Buckley and the club are attempting to acheive but as you rightly say the most unbelievable run of adverse circumstances has stifled him - and the club - at almost every turn.

I believe the club needs to move on from 2010 - it's nearly half a decade away now and totally irrelevant to most of our list, let alone the rest of the competition. Most certainly die hard silver fox worshippers need to get their heads out of the sand and realize that the rest of the football world has moved on past the swarm which is very decidedly yesterdays tactic.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:15 pm

Thx PP some pretty sharp guys onboard here - I always spark up when around people that are actually awake lol.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:32 pm

For all the huff n puff about forward pressure we sure did let a lot of teams go coast to coast against us last year, we were horrid in defending kick outs.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:37 pm

Agreed Defender, defensively we were close to a rabble - which in part at least - supports my contention that 'the swarm' leads to player burn out - those remaining senior players not amongst the injured ranks last year looked jaded and stretched too thin.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:51 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
Agreed Defender, defensively we were close to a rabble - which in part at least - supports my contention that 'the swarm' leads to player burn out - those remaining senior players not amongst the injured ranks last year looked jaded and stretched too thin.

Makes it even harder defensively when you're turning over every second kick, tidy up our disposal and the benefits will be seen offensively and defensively, a 2 fold affect so to speak, we'll work less whilst making our opponents work harder, easier said than done though.

You like this.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:55 pm

Total agreement Defender it's all interconnected and 'the sins of the backline shall be visited upon the forwards' LOL.

Seriously though with firstly Freeman early and secondly Shazza later in the year coming off that half backline we look to be heading in the right direction. Both solid boys with good hands and above average footskills.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:58 pm

Oops. Too much data.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:20 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
Total agreement Defender it's all interconnected and 'the sins of the backline shall be visited upon the forwards' LOL.

Seriously though with firstly Freeman early and secondly Shazza later in the year coming off that half backline we look to be heading in the right direction. Both solid boys with good hands and above average footskills.

Not sure about Freemans kicking, but I love that we've identified the need for skilled HBs during this draft.

You like this.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:31 pm

Well Freeman is certainly not up there with a Reid or Buckley but he's an improvement on Maxwell and H which is a big step up and Shazza looks to be a Rolls Royce if they can get his body right.

Most people say that attacks are generated in the centre and ideally they are correct but whenever first posession is lost at the centre bounce it's the half back line that is tasked with launching the counter attack by intercepting and then rebounding with run and carry or accurate disposal upfield.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:35 pm

Attacks can be generated from anywhere mate, all's you have to do is break a line and force opponents in the next line to come to you.

You like this.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:37 pm

True enough mate and anyway attack is a frame of mind not a position. If you have an offensive mindset you can usually find a way to generate it anywhere or when.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:05 am

droversdog65 wrote:
True enough mate and anyway attack is a frame of mind not a position. If you have an offensive mindset you can usually find a way to generate it anywhere or when.

Lovin your posts bro, think everyone is TBH, Welcome aboard.

You like this.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:21 am

I think droversdog is asleep in his kennel by now. He's been posting since about 5am - long session. But one of the most reasoned interchanges I've seen on here. Even HAL seemed sensible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6   

Jump to: