Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Irresponsible to keep Levi says Brad Scott

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ I agree with most of what you said, and certainly he will be our gain, but we wont be languishing next year.
The mentality has changed, key personell are back and there is a freshness about the club. It could be argued that we wont be a major force but we wont languish.
Just giving you a bit of confidence for 2015 is all.
We will be one of those teams that surprise next year. Every year there is one and to me its falling into place for the pies.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:38 pm

magpieazza wrote:
^^ I agree with most of what you said, and certainly he will be our gain, but we wont be languishing next year.
The mentality has changed, key personell are back and there is a freshness about the club. It could be argued that we wont be a major force but we wont languish.
We will be one of those teams that surprise next year. Every year there is one and to me its falling into place for the pies.

We can make the top 4 if things go to plan, few injuries and improvement from our younger players, and of course Cloke to start earning his hefty pay packet, Swan back to decent form......

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:48 am

Next year we can surprise the hell out of a lot of people with some luck from the injury gods.

Think of who we struggled without last year and imagine them playing the year with fitness and finesse.

Think of the players we now know struggled with illness and injury throughout the year having a good run at it this year.

Add Freeman and later Shazza to that mix.

Smart arses like Brad Scott and certain persistent doomsayers both on this board and others will have to eat their words if we can for once get a decent run with injuries.

But please lord . . . give us a forward line coach who understands the first thing about forward line setup and leading patterns . . . Sad
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:29 am

Greenwood is a great pick-up for us… the Pies needed a hard inside player and we secured one of the better guys going around.

Who cares about Scott and his team! They could be the team that falls the most in 2015 out of the top teams of 2014…! Expectations are building a bit like Richmond perhaps with heartbreak due Wink

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:22 am

^^ droversdog and defender, checking out the official Collingwood site and the signs are looking good for Grundy, Adams, Ramsay, Freeman, Varcoe and Moore.

So far so good

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:27 am

Thx magpie and agree, Adams in particular looks like a little bull and has really bulked up. Ramsay should be getting to an age and experience where he can contribute meaningfully now. Varcoe will benefit from a clear cut single role. Freeman looks like a powerhouse and Moore could be absolutely any-bloody-thing!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:28 pm

magpieazza wrote:

Maybe I'm just a bit pessimistic about our chances in the immediate future but I do think the future is bright with the route we've taken with list management and cutting out deadwood from the side. I just think patience and getting games into these kids is what will determine our success in the future.

I love your optimism and deep down I always have this belief we'll perform better than I expect so hopefully the boys deliver the goods next year and your optimism is rewarded and I'm proven wrong.

There's no question that there's a lot to be excited about with this group but I just have a feeling that the results may be not evident initially in a young side like ours.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:34 pm

Brown's latest interview suggests he is as fit and injury free as he has been in years. Now THAT is very good news indeed, a fully fit and firing Brown in the backline is a big anchor for the youngsters to work around.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:54 pm

Agree Jezza --they are building a young side for longevity first an foremost
And i hope they keep the longer picture as important and not rush kids in too
premature .
They have Varcoe,Greenwood and Crisp who have been in the system .
There may be situations as young kids do good stuff in VFL that may see
a chance on big stage
We have a bright future if injury limited and kids take next step

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:18 pm

[quote="think positive"]Scott brothers are sooky dipshits[/quote]

Scott brothers hey, well they were smartass boys at St Kevin's and nothing has changed...always have an answer to every question no matter how stupid they look.

Both demonstrate a lack of maturity. Is paying 450k for someone who just missed their B&F by one vote whilst paying they same for Higgins and probably similar for dud Waite irresponsible? Come on, seriously.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:21 pm

It's always been a balancing act barry, keeping the kids on track and giving them enough senior experience to understand what level they need to reach - and light the fire to get them there, without pushing them past the limits their still maturing bodies can support.

At least our latest big bodied recruits can gain a little experience here and there without too much risk of their physical development being hindered by placing undue strain on them. Maynard in particular looks close to physically ready right from the get go, although he'll certainly benefit from being eased into the big game.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:57 pm

Jezza wrote:
magpieazza wrote:

Maybe I'm just a bit pessimistic about our chances in the immediate future but I do think the future is bright with the route we've taken with list management and cutting out deadwood from the side. I just think patience and getting games into these kids is what will determine our success in the future.

I love your optimism and deep down I always have this belief we'll perform better than I expect so hopefully the boys deliver the goods next year and your optimism is rewarded and I'm proven wrong.

There's no question that there's a lot to be excited about with this group but I just have a feeling that the results may be not evident initially in a young side like ours.

Fair call, and the anticipation of watching something grow into something special is a nice journey to take.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:40 pm

Read Nat Brown,s interveiw notes and his confidence for an uninterupted future corncerning his shoulder is good.
As a big bodied man with experience and 25yrs old remaining on the paddock will be
a boost.
Surely we have to have some bloody luck on the injury front with guys like him so
next wave of players can mature without being rushed.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:47 pm

Total agreement barry we are due a lift in fortunes and the odd smiling indulgence from lady luck.
roar 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:46 pm

magpieazza wrote:
the anticipation of watching something grow into something special is a nice journey to take.

Yep. I'm looking forward to watching this young crop grow.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: