Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Thanks Mick but it's time for us all to move on.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robbie 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:32 pm
Post subject: Thanks Mick but it's time for us all to move on.Reply with quote

I had promised myself not to take part in this Forum again because my only explanation for the comments of " Defender, 5150, etc" was they were not Magpie supporters, and I thought it to be better to have a blog for Collingwood Members only.

I am breaking my rule because I believe it is important to acknowledge the debt we owe Mick Malthouse for helping Collingwood to achieve a Premiership in 2010. He will be remembered by me as the person hand picked by Eddie MacGuire to build Collingwood FC, which was done with excellence and was only one kick away from winning two Premierships. Some may say he was one kick away from never winning a Premiership for the Mighty Pies, and yet history records Collingwood winning the 2010 Premiership, and Mick deserves all our thanks for the achievement.

I hope the angst between Mick and Eddie can conclude this year for nothing more than the waste of emotion it has caused for so many Magpie supporters that want to thank Mick for what he did without the sadness of him abandoning
Nathan Buckley when Bucks could have used the assistance. Bucks is building a Champion Team and that should not in anyway impact what Malthouse achieved, yet I read so many negative comments by individuals that have never strapped on a boot.

Nevertheless, I am told repeatedly that everyone deserves to have their own opinion, and I believe this to be true, and yet I am sick of the number of Nick's Members that believe it to be so important to ridicule current players or coaches and more often than not the both of them. It has always required strength to be a Magpie supporter and that is not about to change, so for those finding it too tough, why not choose another team and stop giving the real supporters the shits.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:25 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya big bully
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:31 am

MM coached us to a flag... but a hired hand at the end of the day, same as Leigh Matthews.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:22 pm

Wow, what a rant.
I am not a real supporter because I
sometimes bag a player or coach.
This a forum not a mutual admiration society.
Can you and others get over criticism for a change.

uncanny 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:44 pm

ummm
if it's time to move on why are we talking about mm?

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:27 pm

I bleed black and white, I call it how I see it.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:17 pm

There's room for all and room to spare in the Collingwood cathederal, we have an immense multi-cultural and cross demographic army so of course there is bound to be clashing ideologies and temperments.

So it should be so long as it stays within the uncodified by well understood bounds of tolerance and inclusiveness it's all good.

Personally I'm inclined to the positive side despite enduring the '60's and '70's as Collingwood supporter. I know there are a lot of supporters out their of similar vintage that can be a bit gloomy but they have good cause to be so. Experience teaches us to be wary of expecting too much, so it has been for Collingwood since the '20's and '30's and some expect it to remain that way.

As for Mick my opinion is divided against itself - not surprisingly because Mick is that type of person who is always going to polarise opinion.

Firstly - and none of us should forget this - Mick led us out of a 20 year wilderness. He deserves at least respect, if not gratitude for that.

The other side of the coin was his childishly petulant performance in the lead up to the '11 final series which destroyed our preparation - IMVHO.

That really is Mick in a nutshell for me, a good coach but primed explosive waiting for a spark.

Thank you Mick for that flag but the less I hear from you and about you the happier I am.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:13 am

I backed him 100%, even in 2011 til it was evident he was carrying on like a spoilt brat, and cost us the premiership.

Thanks for 2010, but you coulda been anything.he made his bed

Mick who?

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:38 am

You always have to be grateful to a coach that help you get a premiership by MM certainly lost my respect in 2011.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:24 pm

…...

vy5gug.jpg

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:59 pm

Truly random whatsin gr8 work.
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:22 pm
Post subject: Re: Thanks Mick but it's time for us all to move on.Reply with quote

Robbie wrote:
I had promised myself not to take part in this Forum again because my only explanation for the comments of " Defender, 5150, etc" was they were not Magpie supporters, and I thought it to be better to have a blog for Collingwood Members only.

I am breaking my rule because I believe it is important to acknowledge the debt we owe Mick Malthouse for helping Collingwood to achieve a Premiership in 2010. He will be remembered by me as the person hand picked by Eddie MacGuire to build Collingwood FC, which was done with excellence and was only one kick away from winning two Premierships. Some may say he was one kick away from never winning a Premiership for the Mighty Pies, and yet history records Collingwood winning the 2010 Premiership, and Mick deserves all our thanks for the achievement.

I hope the angst between Mick and Eddie can conclude this year for nothing more than the waste of emotion it has caused for so many Magpie supporters that want to thank Mick for what he did without the sadness of him abandoning
Nathan Buckley when Bucks could have used the assistance. Bucks is building a Champion Team and that should not in anyway impact what Malthouse achieved, yet I read so many negative comments by individuals that have never strapped on a boot.

Nevertheless, I am told repeatedly that everyone deserves to have their own opinion, and I believe this to be true, and yet I am sick of the number of Nick's Members that believe it to be so important to ridicule current players or coaches and more often than not the both of them. It has always required strength to be a Magpie supporter and that is not about to change, so for those finding it too tough, why not choose another team and stop giving the real supporters the shits.

Great example of why you should never break your promises.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:37 pm
Post subject: Re: Thanks Mick but it's time for us all to move on.Reply with quote

Beast wrote:
Robbie wrote:

Great example of why you should never break your promises.

Meaning exactly what?
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:18 pm

Looks clear to me, dd65. Smile

Robbie started the OP with, "I had promised myself not to take part in this Forum again ... " and then went about breaking his own promise - and with another topic on MM.

.. and even titled his thread: "Thanks Mick but it's time for us all to move on." Twisted Evil

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:56 pm

Well you certainly have a narrow viewpoint, never mind it's your viewpoint and as I said above all viewpoints are welcome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: