Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Training Report: Monday Dec 8

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Neil , how is Jamie Elliot and the Faz going?Both will be crucial in 2015 for us , early signs?

www.facebook/the hybernators
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:17 am

Probably asking the wrong man about Faz '3rd degree.' I'm not a fan, but he is looking super fit. Training very well and looks very determined. I get the impression Buckley has taken Faz under his wing. He's always having little chats with Faz and yesterday called him out of his group to do some kick-to-kick with him. Hope the Bucks's magic works for Faz.

Elliott is working back to full fitness. Last week he was doing mostly solo work with a trainer. This week he was back to full training if I remember correctly. He'll be raring to go after Christmas.

Can't wait for the practice matches to start in the new year - we have some seriously talented youngsters and I can't wait to see them in match conditions.
I'm very interested in Jackson Ramsay for instance. I've seen glimpses of this boy's talent, but can he put it together? He's training the house down, so it's 2015 or bust for him I reckon.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:40 am

Fantastic report as usual Neil. Thanks mate.
uncanny 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:10 pm

thanks for the report Neil
Very comprehensive detail here

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:59 pm

A great report- highest quality in detail and information provided!
Thanks Neil.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:54 pm

Cameron wood was spotted spying from a distance in a gemini

www.facebook/the hybernators
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:27 pm

Thanks for the comprehensive report Neil! Great stuff! Very Happy

A question I have is how did our new trade recruits in Greenwood, Varcoe and Crisp go on the training track?

I didn't see many mentions about them in your report and considering Greenwood and Varcoe are expected to play in round 1 I'm curious to hear your thoughts about them and where they're tracking in fitness and preparation.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:35 pm

Ta Pa.
McMonkey 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:46 am

Neil, great report and very much appreciated. Your efforts are making the long preseason go much quicker!

Thanks again.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:32 am

Jezza wrote:

A question I have is how did our new trade recruits in Greenwood, Varcoe and Crisp go on the training track?

I didn't see many mentions about them in your report and considering Greenwood and Varcoe are expected to play in round 1 I'm curious to hear your thoughts about them and where they're tracking in fitness and preparation.

Ah yes! When I'm at training I try to get a close look at a few boys each time. It really depends on where they are on the field to be honest. As luck would have it, De Goey, Maynard, Manteit and Goodyear were on the Olympic Boulevard end where I was.

Varcoe ran well in the time trial and was prominent in the match play by virtue of his kicking. There was one section in my notes where there was a sequence of disposals out of the back-line via Marley,Tony Armstrong and I think, Adams. They hesitated, got boxed in and then gave off to opponents under pressure. It was reminiscent of our last half of the year. When Varcoe got the ball his poise and disposal really stood out as did Goodyear's and Maynard's.

I'm impressed by what I've seen of Crisp. He's super quick and disposes pretty well too. I've been impressed with his work rate. He did pretty well in the time trial too. I think he finished in the top 10 or thereabouts.

Levi Greenwood always seems to play at the Yarra end strangely enough so it's been difficult to get a handle on him. In the match practice I saw him flash through with a quick hand-pass, and it occurred to me that the reason I haven't noticed him is that there's nothing fancy about him. He's a bit like Luke Ball in that he does the hard stuff close in without time standing still for him as in the case of Pendles and dare I say it, Darcy Moore. He works hard and is on a modified programme at the moment doing 50% with the main group and then going sprints/lap work.

Speaking of Darcy Moore, I'm trying to keep my lid on, but it's hard not to be excited by this lad. He looks the complete package. Every time he comes into the play his poise and footy smarts are obvious. He seems to have plenty of time when playing back on bigger opponents because he reads the ball so incredibly well. The boy's a Rolls Royce.

At my next training visit I'll keep a close eye on Greenwood and give you some more detail.

BTW, I have a plan each time I go to training; I try to focus on a few players in particular, but then the supporter takes over and I start following the ball. One thing I haven't reported and I should have, is the incredible work rate of Nick's Most Hated, Jarryd Blair.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:13 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Ah yes! When I'm at training I try to get a close look at a few boys each time. It really depends on where they are on the field to be honest. As luck would have it, De Goey, Maynard, Manteit and Goodyear were on the Olympic Boulevard end where I was.

Varcoe ran well in the time trial and was prominent in the match play by virtue of his kicking. There was one section in my notes where there was a sequence of disposals out of the back-line via Marley,Tony Armstrong and I think, Adams. They hesitated, got boxed in and then gave off to opponents under pressure. It was reminiscent of our last half of the year. When Varcoe got the ball his poise and disposal really stood out as did Goodyear's and Maynard's.

I'm impressed by what I've seen of Crisp. He's super quick and disposes pretty well too. I've been impressed with his work rate. He did pretty well in the time trial too. I think he finished in the top 10 or thereabouts.

Levi Greenwood always seems to play at the Yarra end strangely enough so it's been difficult to get a handle on him. In the match practice I saw him flash through with a quick hand-pass, and it occurred to me that the reason I haven't noticed him is that there's nothing fancy about him. He's a bit like Luke Ball in that he does the hard stuff close in without time standing still for him as in the case of Pendles and dare I say it, Darcy Moore. He works hard and is on a modified programme at the moment doing 50% with the main group and then going sprints/lap work.

Speaking of Darcy Moore, I'm trying to keep my lid on, but it's hard not to be excited by this lad. He looks the complete package. Every time he comes into the play his poise and footy smarts are obvious. He seems to have plenty of time when playing back on bigger opponents because he reads the ball so incredibly well. The boy's a Rolls Royce.

At my next training visit I'll keep a close eye on Greenwood and give you some more detail.

BTW, I have a plan each time I go to training; I try to focus on a few players in particular, but then the supporter takes over and I start following the ball. One thing I haven't reported and I should have, is the incredible work rate of Nick's Most Hated, Jarryd Blair.

It is pretty sad having a Collingwood Premiership player referred to in this way. This is not down to you Neil but is due the ongoing comments made by some on his performance. It is obvious that when a team is under pressure individual players are required to play outside of their normal roles. As a result their weaknesses can be exposed.

Blair is not the most gifted with either skill or size but the guy plays his heart out. His impact in some games is questionable but this is not all down to him and he should not be used as a scape goat.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:04 pm

^ I agree Member!
Neil Appleby wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Thanks for the response Neil!

Great to hear about Varcoe and Crisp's progression and we always knew that Levi wasn't a superstar by any means but he's a hard worker who should be in the side practically most weeks and his inside game is really good.

Looking forward to hearing what you say about him in the next training session you attend.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:09 pm

Well done, great report, glad to hear my boy blair is firing, love to see him shut some here up!
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:59 am

Nice work Neil !
Stinger 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:17 am

Great report Neil - I look forward to your next one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: