Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The 20 young guns set to light it up in season 2015

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:32 pm
Post subject: The 20 young guns set to light it up in season 2015Reply with quote

Quote:
2. NATHAN FREEMAN (Collingwood), 19

H: 183cm W: 87kg

Drafted: No.10, 2013 national draft

This jet was ready to go in 2014 before hamstring tendon injuries wiped his year. But the Luke Shuey-type has returned to pre-season in super nick, raising the intensity and dominating early time trials. The bubbly extrovert has a unique ability to win clearances and contested footy and then use his top-line speed to burst clear. Exhilarating to watch

I am getting very excited reading this and Could he make a Huge Impact Next Year?

Quote:
11. JORDAN DE GOEY (Collingwood), 18

H: 187cm W: 82kg

Drafted: No.5, 2014 national draft

Magpie fans can expect a decent look at their exciting next generation in 2015 and this versatile midfielder with weapons forward is a major cog. De Goeys sharp kicking skills - he tracked at 80 per cent for Vic Metro - will appeal to coach Nathan Buckley, hes strong overhead and knows how to use his frame.

Yes De Goey be Very Interesting to watch and see how he goes in his Debut year

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/the-20-young-guns-set-to-light-it-up-in-season-2015-who-is-your-clubs-young-gun/story-fnelctok-1227147068265

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I'm looking forward to seeing both of them hit the field next year. The pre-season should tell us a lot about where they are tracking in the context of whether they can play in round 1 or not.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Freeman become an automatic inclusion by round 1 because of his established solid frame and the speed he has which is lacking within the side at the moment. De Goey might take longer to break into the senior side but he'll get there and I expect him to be great recruit for us.

In saying all of this, I find the comparison of Freeman to Luke Shuey worrying. I hope doesn't duck in his tackles like Shuey and Selwood.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:45 am
Post subject: Re: The 20 young guns set to light it up in season 2015Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
Quote:
2. NATHAN FREEMAN (Collingwood), 19

H: 183cm W: 87kg

Drafted: No.10, 2013 national draft

This jet was ready to go in 2014 before hamstring tendon injuries wiped his year. But the Luke Shuey-type has returned to pre-season in super nick, raising the intensity and dominating early time trials. The bubbly extrovert has a unique ability to win clearances and contested footy and then use his top-line speed to burst clear. Exhilarating to watch

I am getting very excited reading this and Could he make a Huge Impact Next Year?

Quote:
11. JORDAN DE GOEY (Collingwood), 18

H: 187cm W: 82kg

Drafted: No.5, 2014 national draft

Magpie fans can expect a decent look at their exciting next generation in 2015 and this versatile midfielder with weapons forward is a major cog. De Goeys sharp kicking skills - he tracked at 80 per cent for Vic Metro - will appeal to coach Nathan Buckley, hes strong overhead and knows how to use his frame.

Yes De Goey be Very Interesting to watch and see how he goes in his Debut year

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/the-20-young-guns-set-to-light-it-up-in-season-2015-who-is-your-clubs-young-gun/story-fnelctok-1227147068265

Thanks DTM. Love your work.

E 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:31 am

i think its funny that a lot of people wanted Laverde at 5 and he went at 20. Shows the value of stockpiling picks in this years draft! when 5 and 209 is merely a judgment call!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:17 pm

E wrote:
i think its funny that a lot of people wanted Laverde at 5 and he went at 20. Shows the value of stockpiling picks in this years draft! when 5 and 209 is merely a judgment call!

The only way you'd know would be to redo the draft and give all the other 17 clubs a crack at pick 5 and see who they take. You just have to have faith that a judgement call for key board recruiters wasn't so much so for the pros.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:22 pm

Jezza wrote:
Yes I'm looking forward to seeing both of them hit the field next year. The pre-season should tell us a lot about where they are tracking in the context of whether they can play in round 1 or not.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Freeman become an automatic inclusion by round 1 because of his established solid frame and the speed he has which is lacking within the side at the moment. De Goey might take longer to break into the senior side but he'll get there and I expect him to be great recruit for us.

In saying all of this, I find the comparison of Freeman to Luke Shuey worrying. I hope doesn't duck in his tackles like Shuey and Selwood.

Would be surprised if Freeman, DeGoey, and Maynard didn't all get senior games in 2015 but think they'd have to absolutely rip the preseason apart to get a game round 1.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:48 pm

jackcass wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Would be surprised if Freeman, DeGoey, and Maynard didn't all get senior games in 2015 but think they'd have to absolutely rip the preseason apart to get a game round 1.

Freeman will play round one. Lock it in. Wink
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:21 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Jezza wrote:

I agree. Freeman is overdue and would have played seniors last year if it was not for injury. He is the type of player we are desperate for. Big and fast with skills.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:11 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Disagree, the kid hasn't even played VFL yet and he hasn't played any footy for near on a year.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Stinger 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:20 am

Perfect then, play him round 1 and he never knows what vfl pace is like.

How many times did we have to watch our so called speedsters get run down from behind trying to adjust to afl pace? Cole Egan even Sinclair we he first stepped up.
Stinger 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:20 am

Dp
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:14 pm

If the scribes are correct 2015 could be a year across the whole AFL where we see very big numbers of new draftees making their senior debuts in their first year.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:17 pm

Freeman looks ready and Maynard looks pretty bloody awesome for a kid - the times of being brushed aside on the ball are about to fade away methinks - and not before bloody time. Sooo glad we recruited strong bodied boys with decent kicks and good hands this year!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:54 am

Defender wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Disagree, the kid hasn't even played VFL yet and he hasn't played any footy for near on a year.

I'm leaning more Defenders way (somebody slap me... now!). Think he's missed a lot of footy and may take a couple of weeks to find his feet. Would also think they'll take a very cautious approach with him with limited game time early. A few preseason games might be enough after a solid preseason and he could play round 1 but I'm tipping an ANZAC day debut.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:21 pm

Freeman looking hard and sharp at training today according to reports, should make an early season debut at this rate - not first round probably but certainly in the first quarter of the draw.

If he continues on at his current rate of progress however all bets are off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: