Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Drinking to Alan Didak!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:36 pm
Post subject: Drinking to Alan Didak!Reply with quote

Spotted this today at Get Wines Direct. The cab/sav is from the Heathcote region. There's a shiraz, a couple of whites and a sparkling too. All priced at over $25.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

spotted what exactly?
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:40 pm

Err......still trying to figure out the attachment upload system on Nick's! Maybe after another 20 years I'll have it sorted. Very Happy
There was a banner announcing Dids's new range of wines under the name of INDI and dedicated to his first child.

INDI2.jpg

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:57 pm

Oh dear neil, I'm not belittling this thread and I certainly would never belittle a drop of good red but naming a bottle of plonk after your daughter and advertising the fact??????

Seems like we moved Dids on none to soon, obviously senile dementia is setting in early. Wink
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:20 pm

Well Dids isn't the first wine maker to name a drop after a family member; it's a very common thing. De Bortoli's 'Deen' series and D'Arenburg's 'd'Arry's Original' spring to mind.

I do see a difference with Dids though; unless he has been away studying viniculture, he's just allowed his name to be used on a bottle in much the same way as Lou Richards has and as Collingwood has with its Copeland Trophy - Scott Pendlebury label.

There is a common thread here; all of these wines (Louie the Lip, The Copeland and Indi) are marketed and presumably bottled by Get Wines Direct, which is owned by passionate Collingwood supporter, Tony Sells.

stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:22 pm

From Alan Didak's twitter account in July 2014: https://twitter.com/dids_04/status/494375586173689856

‏@dids_04
The next chapter..
INDI wines available on my new website
http://unwine.com.au
#getonit
#plentyofotherstufftoo
#lifes2short2drinkbadred

And he is a video of Alan bottling the wine Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPQJhn7CmNA

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:33 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
Well Dids isn't the first wine maker to name a drop after a family member; it's a very common thing. De Bortoli's 'Deen' series and D'Arenburg's 'd'Arry's Original' spring to mind.

I do see a difference with Dids though; unless he has been away studying viniculture, he's just allowed his name to be used on a bottle in much the same way as Lou Richards has and as Collingwood has with its Copeland Trophy - Scott Pendlebury label.

There is a common thread here; all of these wines (Louie the Lip, The Copeland and Indi) are marketed and presumably bottled by Get Wines Direct, which is owned by passionate Collingwood supporter, Tony Sells.

If I grew up named after a bottle of plonk and had to put up with the schoolyard taunts and cheap shots then I think I would certainly carry a grudge against whoever 'gave me that awful name' - with respect to the late, great Johnny Cash.

Just sayin, it's an extra burden for the kid who will have more than enough growing up as a child of a magpie 'great'.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:31 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

If I grew up named after a bottle of plonk and had to put up with the schoolyard taunts and cheap shots then I think I would certainly carry a grudge against whoever 'gave me that awful name' - with respect to the late, great Johnny Cash.

Just sayin, it's an extra burden for the kid who will have more than enough growing up as a child of a magpie 'great'.

The wine was named after the child not the other way around. Being the offspring of Dids will make you much loved by some, ignored by others and looked upon as a one toother by the unwashed. I am sure they will be able to hold their own
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:37 pm

Member such niceties matter not in the schoolground. She will have to carry around the 'wino' label as well as the usual anti-Collingwood taunts plus Did's own less than savoury history. Kids will use any excuse to taunt and Dids just gave them another.

Doubtless she will cope but some parents are thoughtless in what thier actions will mean to their kids down the track.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:41 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

So, all the Jim's, Jack's, Booker's, etc have issues?

Now if you're called Chardonnay, Passion Pop, Spumante I can understand some angst.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:53 pm

Lol stui it depends but seriously it's not so much the name but the fact that her very famous father has so publicly come out and trumpeted it that could make her a target.

Kids are cruel m8 and there will certainly be some that use it.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:59 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
Member such niceties matter not in the schoolground. She will have to carry around the 'wino' label as well as the usual anti-Collingwood taunts plus Did's own less than savoury history. Kids will use any excuse to taunt and Dids just gave them another.

Doubtless she will cope but some parents are thoughtless in what thier actions will mean to their kids down the track.

Kids who have strength and character and backed up by loving and supportive parents will do ok irrespective. I do not see an issue.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:00 pm

Well then as we don't see this little tidbit from the same perspective perhaps its as well to let it go?
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:21 pm

Mmm, a Hells Angels forecast in that first line of the label: "The Next Chapter ..."
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:43 pm

Woodsy you devil lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: