Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Our draft picks a first?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:58 pm
Post subject: Our draft picks a first?Reply with quote

It's just occurred to me that all 4 of our draftees - De Goey, Moore, Maynard and Goodyear - were Vic Metro teammates together. I can't recall that happening before. Maybe, the Beams experience has shied us off drafting interstators? Of course it could be just a coincidence, but it seems rather odd that with a national draft and 500 odd players to choose from, we ended up selecting 4 local lads. At least we won't have to worry about any of them wanting to go home.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Some say the foreigner left because of how the staff treated the locals.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:42 pm
Post subject: Re: Our draft picks a first?Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
It's just occurred to me that all 4 of our draftees - De Goey, Moore, Maynard and Goodyear - were Vic Metro teammates together. I can't recall that happening before. Maybe, the Beams experience has shied us off drafting interstators? Of course it could be just a coincidence, but it seems rather odd that with a national draft and 500 odd players to choose from, we ended up selecting 4 local lads. At least we won't have to worry about any of them wanting to go home.

Did notice that but thought it just a coincidence.
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:15 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Not unlike, Daisy, Pendles, Caff and Goldy. I think they may have all played together for Gippsland u/18's
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:43 pm

We Drafted Grundy,Kennedy and Broomhead and they are all from SA
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:16 pm

have you got a best friend at work?
swooper_101 Libra

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:53 am

It's a good thing. Got burnt from Beams. I think it may be a change in recruiting strategies, pick the Victorian before anyone else.

I wonder how American sports deal with the go home factor. I can't recall it happening a lot. Probably money...*shrug*
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:17 am

swooper_101 wrote:
It's a good thing. Got burnt from Beams. I think it may be a change in recruiting strategies, pick the Victorian before anyone else.

I wonder how American sports deal with the go home factor. I can't recall it happening a lot. Probably money...*shrug*

Didn't get burned by Beams. Picked him up at pick 28. Can't remember him playing one decent final. We end up trading him for Greenwood, Crisp and DeGoey. Win for us. Brisbane are the ones that are screwed by missing out on top draft picks in the best draft pool of the last five years. They have one broken down forward and a group of mids they won't be able to rotate. Lets see who finishes up higher on the ladder next year.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:50 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
swooper_101 wrote:

Didn't get burned by Beams. Picked him up at pick 28. Can't remember him playing one decent final. We end up trading him for Greenwood, Crisp and DeGoey. Win for us. Brisbane are the ones that are screwed by missing out on top draft picks in the best draft pool of the last five years. They have one broken down forward and a group of mids they won't be able to rotate. Lets see who finishes up higher on the ladder next year.

Correct weight.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:04 am

jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Did notice that but thought it just a coincidence.

the odds are always going to be in favour of drafting local talent given the weight of numbers of local talent in the draft. i note that brenden abbott is friends with marley williams which i think is a contributing factor in drafting him from interstate.

Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:09 am

Nah, Greenwood deal was going to get done way before Beams dropped his bombshell
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:27 am

We recruited a lot of South Australians in the previous drafts so maybe it was just that the best available were local boys

With Nick Davis and now Beams we seem to be a vic team that gets burnt by some of our quality interstate sourced players!

If two players are pretty much even and one is a local - I would always choose the local lad. (Maybe Tassie would be the exception Smile )

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:08 am

yin-YANG wrote:
With Nick Davis and now Beams

What, once every decade?
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:53 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
yin-YANG wrote:
With Nick Davis and now Beams

What, once every decade?

Yep, we just have to prepare for bad news in 2014. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: