Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Phil Hughes dies, aged 25.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Donny wrote:
From Cricinto:

9.50 am Play has been suspended in Sharjah after the death of Australia batsman Phillip Hughes. The Pakistan Cricket Board and New Zealand Cricket will decide the future course of action.

Pakistan manager and chief selector Moin Khan: "Both Pakistan and New Zealand decided to suspend the first hour of play. The whole team is shocked and saddened. He was here with the Australia limited-overs squad and was very cheerful. He was always ready to talk about cricket."

10.45 am Play has been suspended for today. The match has been extended by a day, and tomorrow will be day two.

What a great gesture, brings a tear to my eye.

Reckon our first test will be cancelled as well.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:49 pm

May he rip 25 is too young
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:19 pm

So sad, may he RIP.
and thoughts with Abbott, poor guy, would be so hard ....

partypie 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:54 am

I can't forget his wonderful partnership with Ashton Agar in England in 2013. So sad.
Looks like the Brisbane test will be delayed
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:57 pm

This news has really got to most of us in Australia just because of how young and healthy Philip Hughes was before he sustained an injury and later died from those serious injuries.

The first time I heard about him was in February 2009 when Australia was on tour in South Africa and this young 20 year old batsman scored a century and was dubbed the 'next Donald Bradman'. I never believed he would be the next Bradman but for a player that young to produce a performance like that especially when Australia's team was ageing at the time it was very exciting for Australian cricket supporters.

Unfortunately Phil had some hurdles and poor form along the way but his tenacity and fighting spirit continued as he started to work his way back into the team. I'm quite certain that he would have replaced Michael Clarke for the first test against India next week but sadly it will never happen.

He'll forever be 63 not out in my eyes and to the bowler Sean Abbott, my thoughts go out to him who must be absolutely distraught at the present time and in no way is he at fault for this. He did just what every bowler has been doing for so many years and deserves and needs the support from his family, friends and the wider public to try and get through this tumultuous period. I doubt his life will ever be the same again but I hope there's support for him because he's an unlucky victim in all of this as well.

Here's a picture that I'm sure most will appreciate and resonate with that I found online.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:16 am

Thanks Jezza.

When Kane Williamson got to 63*, today in the Pak/NZ Test, special mention was made of that score, re. Phil Hughes.

Also mentioned was, in some form of Sydney Grade cricket where batsmen usually retire when they reach or pass 50, in tomorrow's matches, that number will be lifted to 63, in memory of Phil.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:47 pm

Phillip Hughes will be farewelled in his hometown of Macksville in northern New South Wales on Wednesday, December 3, and the first Test between Australia and India postponed in order to give his former team-mates time to grieve and reflect upon his life.

Cricket Australia announced on Saturday evening that Hughes' funeral will take place at 2pm on Wednesday in the sports hall of Macksville High School, with overflow areas to be set-up for guests to watch the service on the school's two ovals.

More: http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2014-15/content/story/805203.html

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: