Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Phil Hughes dies, aged 25.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible tragedy - RIP Phil
Doc63 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:20 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
The Prototype wrote:
So very sad to hear, thoughts and prayers are with family and friends, but also Sean Abbott who also must be feeling pretty bad and in need of some much needed comfort.

Gone way too soon. RIP Phil Hughes.

I doubt Abbott will play Cricket again.

I would think it be very hard to come back to Cricket when a Bouncer you Bowled had Killed someone accidentally

Sadly, I think you could be right Dave. How could he bring himself to ever bowl another bouncer? And in this day & age of flat pitches & enormous bats, bouncers are a fast bowler's only weapon.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:38 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Sounds like what he Suffered is the Same that people Die from Coward Punches

Sounded like the blow caused an aneurism, he was apparently bleeding from both ears not long after the incident, bleeding from the ears is not a good sign.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:40 pm

Doc63 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
The Prototype wrote:
So very sad to hear, thoughts and prayers are with family and friends, but also Sean Abbott who also must be feeling pretty bad and in need of some much needed comfort.

I would think it be very hard to come back to Cricket when a Bouncer you Bowled had Killed someone accidentally

Sadly, I think you could be right Dave. How could he bring himself to ever bowl another bouncer? And in this day & age of flat pitches & enormous bats, bouncers are a fast bowler's only weapon.

Agree and IF did he would Freeze up Crying or Very sad

ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:56 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
The Prototype wrote:

Jeff Thomson killed a bloke from memory. Hit him over the heart. A shot Hughes had played thousands of times in practice and for real.I hope they don't abandon a test. By all means have tributes, and a meaningful ones, but the game has to go on.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:08 pm

35forever wrote:
Just wasn't expecting that. In this day and age you just don't expect a young kid like that to fail to recover once he's in hospital with the very best doctors attending him, even though he was in an induced coma, that’s a relatively common medical tactic these days, I just didn't see that coming. The kid was a real shot at making his way back to the test side with Clark's absence, and at 63 not out it looked like the small Cinderella story was gonna happen...
I feel terrible for young Abbot, a lot of kids wouldn’t make their way past that, and I hope he has good people around him. Freak accident doesn't begin to describe how ridiculously random it was.

Yeah, ditto. I assumed he'd be OK. Being in an induced coma is not that big a deal, but obviously the injuries were serious.

Gotta feel for Abbott too, by all accounts him and Hughes were pretty good mates.

Sucks.

RIP little bloke and serious condolences to the friends and family.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:16 pm

Just gutted. Totally gutted.

Thoughts are with his family

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:20 pm

26 on Sunday, life just doesn't know how to get it right! R.I.P my friend.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:29 pm

stui magpie wrote:
35forever wrote:
Just wasn't expecting that. In this day and age you just don't expect a young kid like that to fail to recover once he's in hospital with the very best doctors attending him, even though he was in an induced coma, that’s a relatively common medical tactic these days, I just didn't see that coming. The kid was a real shot at making his way back to the test side with Clark's absence, and at 63 not out it looked like the small Cinderella story was gonna happen...
I feel terrible for young Abbot, a lot of kids wouldn’t make their way past that, and I hope he has good people around him. Freak accident doesn't begin to describe how ridiculously random it was.

Yeah, ditto. I assumed he'd be OK. Being in an induced coma is not that big a deal, but obviously the injuries were serious.

Gotta feel for Abbott too, by all accounts him and Hughes were pretty good mates.

Sucks.

RIP little bloke and serious condolences to the friends and family.

He had already died once and was revived at the ground.

Fractured skull large bleed on the brain by all reports.

I dare say with the size of the bleed the family made the decision to turn off the life support rather than have him live the rest of his life with severe brain damage with more medical intervention may have allowed for.

Sad news and tragic how it occurred but no more tragic just because he's a public figure.

Many families would have lost treasured loved ones all around Australia today and all would be suffering the same feelings of grief that the Hughes family would be at present.

RIP Phil Hughes.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:41 pm

I think the helmet actually contributed to his injury, to me it looked like it hit just below the line of the helmut and instead of some of the energy deflecting off it couldnt because the ball got wedged pretty much, meaning all the balls energy went into the base of his head, just a freak accident. Sad

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:48 pm

Defender wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Sounds like what he Suffered is the Same that people Die from Coward Punches

Sounded like the blow caused an aneurism, he was apparently bleeding from both ears not long after the incident, bleeding from the ears is not a good sign.

I heard that the inititial impact ruptured the corotid artery. If that was the case he had no chance of survival.

May he rest in peace. Thoughts for his family, friends and team mates.
Captain_MyCaptain Leo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:53 pm

Very sad day.
A talented sportsman gone way too soon.

RIP Phil.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:55 pm

Such a tragedy, to think something like this can happen playing the sport you love. Still remember his back to back hundreds in Sth Africa when they peppered him with short balls. He was a great little fighter. Deepest sympathies to the Hughes family and let's not forget about Sean Abbott, can't begin to imagine what he is going through.

RIP Phil Hughes you will be missed.

Museman 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:50 pm

Strange thing sport.

I seen an interview with phil when he was 18, instantly took a liking to him, followed his career since and had high hopes for his return...

I never met the kid and yet i'm shattered, I feel like I lost someone close today.

Sometimes the world is just shithouse.

RIP.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:57 pm

From Cricinto:

9.50 am Play has been suspended in Sharjah after the death of Australia batsman Phillip Hughes. The Pakistan Cricket Board and New Zealand Cricket will decide the future course of action.

Pakistan manager and chief selector Moin Khan: "Both Pakistan and New Zealand decided to suspend the first hour of play. The whole team is shocked and saddened. He was here with the Australia limited-overs squad and was very cheerful. He was always ready to talk about cricket."

10.45 am Play has been suspended for today. The match has been extended by a day, and tomorrow will be day two.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: