Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A great Draft opportunity

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are you and what have you done with 35forever?
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:59 pm

Arf arf, And what in Gods name are you on about Hiss?! What the hell else are we gonna do with our picks other than draft players!?! Are you suggesting we don't use them? I'm pretty sure you're havin a laugh, but sheesh, its hard to tell!
Actually I think the pessimism about this draft is absolutely wrong, there WILL be quite a few future stars from this selection. If Petracca and Bradshaw aren't guns I'll bare me bum on Bourke St! The big problem is the AFL screwing us yet again by giving the Dees a charity pick. Our original No. 4 would've been a very different proposition. Yes, I agree there's not a great chance that Brayshaw will be around at 5 or Langford at 30, I'm just saying if it happened we'd be dopey to let them slip , and no one seems to know how things will fall. Just a month ago Wright was a lock in the first 4, and only Petracca and McCartin could be 1 & 2, but the famous Callum Twomey Phantom draft has Brayshaw at 2, Pickett at 4 and us taking DeGoey. I think he'll be quite wrong this year as there's never been such confusion about who would go where. Boekhurst is a good chance at 48, and we've been looking hard at him. I really hope we take him as he's 21 and plays against men already. He could start in Round 1.
I thought we'd take LaVerde for sure, he's ready to go while DeGoey, who does look awfully good, look at his highlights if you doubt, is a skinny kid with a bit of bulk to gain before he's ready for prime time. There is also a good likelihood that Jack Lonie will be there for our last pick, and I rate him as highly as any small forward in the mix. Again, look at his tape, the kid can kick and mark! How bizarre!!!

Disappointed no one had anything useful to add, but I guess the draft isn't a big deal to many, but with the debuts of Freeman and Shazza still to come we could unveil 5 or 6 potential stars in 2015 (although it must be remembered that a team which debuts more than 3 players in a year can't win a flag, them's the rules!) I see 2015 as being like 2006 when we unearthed a new generation of guns. The talent is certainly there, I'm just not sure we have the development staff any more.
(see, it IS me!)

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:12 pm

35forever wrote:
Arf arf, And what in Gods name are you on about Hiss?! What the hell else are we gonna do with our picks other than draft players!?! Are you suggesting we don't use them? I'm pretty sure you're havin a laugh, but sheesh, its hard to tell!
Actually I think the pessimism about this draft is absolutely wrong, there WILL be quite a few future stars from this selection. If Petracca and Bradshaw aren't guns I'll bare me bum on Bourke St! The big problem is the AFL screwing us yet again by giving the Dees a charity pick. Our original No. 4 would've been a very different proposition. Yes, I agree there's not a great chance that Brayshaw will be around at 5 or Langford at 30, I'm just saying if it happened we'd be dopey to let them slip , and no one seems to know how things will fall. Just a month ago Wright was a lock in the first 4, and only Petracca and McCartin could be 1 & 2, but the famous Callum Twomey Phantom draft has Brayshaw at 2, Pickett at 4 and us taking DeGoey. I think he'll be quite wrong this year as there's never been such confusion about who would go where. Boekhurst is a good chance at 48, and we've been looking hard at him. I really hope we take him as he's 21 and plays against men already. He could start in Round 1.
I thought we'd take LaVerde for sure, he's ready to go while DeGoey, who does look awfully good, look at his highlights if you doubt, is a skinny kid with a bit of bulk to gain before he's ready for prime time. There is also a good likelihood that Jack Lonie will be there for our last pick, and I rate him as highly as any small forward in the mix. Again, look at his tape, the kid can kick and mark! How bizarre!!!

Disappointed no one had anything useful to add, but I guess the draft isn't a big deal to many, but with the debuts of Freeman and Shazza still to come we could unveil 5 or 6 potential stars in 2015 (although it must be remembered that a team which debuts more than 3 players in a year can't win a flag, them's the rules!) I see 2015 as being like 2006 when we unearthed a new generation of guns. The talent is certainly there, I'm just not sure we have the development staff any more.
(see, it IS me!)

HAH,

Hey, I think you're right in that all the speculation on who will go where counts for jack come tomorrow when the people who actually have the call, make it.

We've all read how different "experts" rate different kids, but they don't operate with the lens of what each club values and wants or how they operate so there could be quite a few upsets in the first round.

I reckon Dekka will have as usual his list of players that he wants, in order and will be ticking each one off as they're drafted so even if he does suddenly go into cardiac arrest because someone is available, Rendell or someone will jump in and read off the next name on the list.

I'm feeling excited about 2015 in a way that 2014 never grabbed me.
Kosh 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:04 pm
Post subject: Trying to picture Dekka passed out at the Draft table..Reply with quote

Doc63 wrote:
While a rare positive post from 35forever is very welcome, it is, as usual, delusional.

If Brayshaw is still available at 5, we may well be "timed out" of our pick, as the paramedics furiously attempt to to revive Dekka.

And there is absolutely no chance whatsoever of Langford still being there at 30.

Top effort Doc63, laughed out loud....
Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:20 pm

Seriously, I find it difficult how people can compare years, draft pools. How? I'm really wanting to know, and not being smart? I for one wouldn't have a clue. Certainly can spot a good footballer, understand when someone has a brain, to think quickly, good with both sides of the body and so on. But who has the ability to distinguish such differences, particularly when it comes to the top 15 or 20, when it comes to a new batch of players when no one really knows how they will perform on the big stage in AFL?
35forever 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:38 am

Your befuddlement is not without basis Podpicken, I think you'll find there's never been a season when the top 20 picks turned out to be the top 20 best players in order. It's very much based on the opinions of people with varying degrees of experience, knowledge and talent, not unlike a thoroughbred horse auction. You can generally be sure that two or three of the top dozen will turn out to be extremely good players, but they sure as hell won't all be greats. This year is especially difficult as the top 20 changes daily, but even in a great year there are so many variables. Injury, inability to make the leap from junior to elite, and which club they go to can and will affect outcomes. I believe Watts and Scully could've been guns if they'd gone to a better club, and I still hate that being the best young player means you're going to the worst club in the game. Still Podpicken, I urge you to get along to AFL.com.au and look at some of the highlight reels, some are spectacular and others less so. My big hope is that we find a couple of kids that can get into it next year, and we certainly have one of the most respected judges in Dekka.

There's every chance that at least one of his picks will go well in 2015, and along with Levi Greenwood, Freeman is carving up the training track, as is Taylor Adams, Jack Crisp is determined to show his wares, Darcy Moore is the most anticipated player we've had since...ever, Ben Reid claims to be in career best shape, Our Ablett-crusher Caff is adamant he'll be back tagging legends out of games in the first few rounds, and is bringing Shazza along with him. Karnezis has returned with something to prove, as has Armstrong, The Brownlow medallist is said to be in Brownlow form again, Varcoe knows he needs to get runs on the board straight up, Langdon must look even smoother with a full pre-season as a magpie, Gault and Sweeper showed exciting things at last season's end, Grundy says he's shaken the season-two blues, The big Seppo is exceeding everyones expectations, Sidey is coming off his best season ever, and our skipper is... well he's Scott Pendlebury! If (and duh, I know it’s a big 'if') all these guys perform there will be no excuses for us not to be the force we should've been in 2014 and 13. When did we last have 4 top ten picks starting in the same year? Have we ever? I can't wait until the stupid World Cup is over (I usually love the cricket, but not when it delays the footy!) and life can begin again. I wish to god I could get to VFL games for an early look at the newcomers, but my wife says flying back to Melbourne every week to watch the Magoos is dumb, & she's probably right. (not!)

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
35forever 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:57 am

And just quietly, have ya seen the size of Tooves this year?! He's come back looking like Chris Tarrant on 'roids!! If you have a look at the training videos at CFC it’s a bit hard not to be just a teensy bit excited!

Of course, I'm not, but if you were the type who gets excited about these things, well...

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:07 pm

Doc63 wrote:
While a rare positive post from 35forever is very welcome, it is, as usual, delusional.

If Brayshaw is still available at 5, we may well be "timed out" of our pick, as the paramedics furiously attempt to to revive Dekka.

And there is absolutely no chance whatsoever of Langford still being there at 30.

Couldn't agree more re Dekka - first Grundy, Langford and Marsh and then a top 3 slider at 5 would probably finish him off completely Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: