Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Injury list for Round 1..(As reported from training reports)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:44 pm
Post subject: Injury list for Round 1..(As reported from training reports)Reply with quote

Thanks to Neil's indepth training reports, I thought we could start a separate thread on our injury list. As we all know the clubs list is well to put it frankly a load of crap!

Young- injury unknown but looks long term. Hasn't trained for weeks
Macaffer- Hasnt trained since xmas, when a reported hammy issue occurred. Looks like mid season comeback for caff. Hopefully his season isnt ruined after a reco like so many are with soft tissue issues.
Sharenberg- Amazing to see that he is in full training. so maybe round 1 VFL is his time. Club shouldnt rush him though
Seedsman- Hip looks like it is coming good. Outside chance for round 1
Marsh- Hamstring same as Seedsman, most likely play round 1 VFL
Moore- Looks like he will be back in full training soon. round 1 VFL seems likey for the big fella. Hopefully stays injury free
Reid- Doing most of the training, so hopefully he builds from here and stays injury free. Round 1 will be an outside chance

All in all only Macaffer & Young will be completely ruled out for round 1.. Hopefully we get a good ran at it this year & the injury list stays SHORT!

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

speaking about injuries or lack of in pre season should be taboo.
TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:51 pm

injuries do happen anytime of the year but for the first time in a long time I can finally see the pies looking fit.

caff & injury prone young are just bad luck.. seedsman & marsh and both serious injuries last year so u can see why they are coming along at there own pace.

reid well we all know the story

Moore was just bad luck & he should recover quickly

Toovey & Reid are they only 2 players that have had soft tissue injuries this summer. So thats not too bad

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:59 pm

TimetoFly wrote:
injuries do happen anytime of the year but for the first time in a long time I can finally see the pies looking fit.

caff & injury prone young are just bad luck.. seedsman & marsh and both serious injuries last year so u can see why they are coming along at there own pace.

reid well we all know the story

Moore was just bad luck & he should recover quickly

Toovey & Reid are they only 2 players that have had soft tissue injuries this summer. So thats not too bad

Young isn't bad luck, we were well aware of his injury history before we rolled the dice.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Stinger 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:18 pm

You forgot Maynard's finger too!
TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:46 pm

gold stinger
TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:50 pm

Well defender we dint give up anything for young, just a list spot and salary cap space. But when we recruited young he was coming off a full season with the hawks & even the hawks wanted to sign him up, but for less cash obviously.

Looking back it has been a fail, but considering what we gave up, it was worth the risk. Our free agents have all been a massive fail so far. We need to get better in that department

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:14 pm

TimetoFly wrote:
Well defender we dint give up anything for young, just a list spot and salary cap space. But when we recruited young he was coming off a full season with the hawks & even the hawks wanted to sign him up, but for less cash obviously.

Looking back it has been a fail, but considering what we gave up, it was worth the risk. Our free agents have all been a massive fail so far. We need to get better in that department

Still, we took a pretty big chance on him, we all know his ability but he had a sustained history of breaking down.

I rate him as a player and at his best i could find a spot for him in our 22, but your OP doesn't give me confidence regarding his fitness, fact is if he doesn't contribute this year being the last year of his contract he'll be delisted come seasons end.

You like this.
TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:26 pm

Yep young needs to show something this year, but even if he does I would only sign him up at a lower price and 1 year deal.

I actually dont rate young at all. His kicking is overrated and often sprays them, he is soft in fact probably the softest player I have seen in a long time.

If young is getting games in our best 22, then our team will obviously be struggling. He is at best a depth player

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:29 pm

Defender wrote:
TimetoFly wrote:

Still, we took a pretty big chance on him, we all know his ability but he had a sustained history of breaking down.

I rate him as a player and at his best i could find a spot for him in our 22, but your OP doesn't give me confidence regarding his fitness, fact is if he doesn't contribute this year being the last year of his contract he'll be delisted come seasons end.

I don't like bagging Collingwood players, but in all honesty, I've never rated Young at all. He seems to be a long kick and that's about all. Good luck to him, but I don't see him in our best 22.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:37 pm

i said at his best guys, and his best was with the Hawks, and I don't think he's as soft as many make out, he's no Joel Selwood but he goes when he has to.

You like this.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:21 am

Stinger wrote:
You forgot Maynard's finger too!

We've had a flock of fingers... Cox, Witts, Goodyear, Maynard...

Forgot White's ankle.
Az 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:54 pm

Agree with Defender in that when it's his turn to go, Young will get his hands dirty. The same can be said for Dids. Was never a fierce tackler because we knew his best was on the outside, as goes for Young.
TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:37 pm

comparing dids to young to not only wrong, but one of the ridiculous comparisons i have heard..

dids>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>daylight>>>>>>>>light years>>>>>>>>>>>>young

Stupied 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:14 pm

TimetoFly wrote:
comparing dids to young to not only wrong, but one of the ridiculous comparisons i have heard..

dids>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>daylight>>>>>>>>light years>>>>>>>>>>>>young

It was a perfectly valid comparison. He never said they were close to the same quality of player, just that they were both viewed as very outside players, but when push came to shove both were willing to get their hands dirty.

It's completely true, regardless of which player was/is better than which.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: