Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Article: Dane Swan shines in Collingwood Magpies Intra-Club

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:21 am
Post subject: Article: Dane Swan shines in Collingwood Magpies Intra-ClubReply with quote

Dane Swan shines in Collingwood Magpies Intra-Club
Ronny Lerner 11:21 PM

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/dane-swan-shines-in-collingwood-magpies-intraclub-match-on-thursday-night-20150219-13jtu7.html
Quote:
If his performance in Collingwood’s intra-club match on Thursday night is anything to go by, Dane Swan looks set for a big 2015 season.

PS: Do you think Ronny could be married to Lilly?
E 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:38 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

This note was also encouraging:

Untried youngsters Nathan Freeman, whose 2014 was written off by hamstring injuries, and top five pick Jordan De Goey also impressed through the midfield and Harvey said the pair would be pushing for selection come Round 1.

However, i decided this was just a "tell the supporters what they want to hear" when i read this:

Another source of excitement on the night was American rookie Mason Cox who split his time between forward and ruck. The 211cm giant is still raw and requires more development but he kicked a goal and took a big pack mark and Harvey was impressed with what he saw. "The guy has only been in the game a couple of months so he's still learning the caper but we feel he's got a future clearly," Harvey said. "To be that athletic and that tall and he's picked up the game so well, we're excited with where he's at."

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:08 am

E wrote:
This note was also encouraging:

Untried youngsters Nathan Freeman, whose 2014 was written off by hamstring injuries, and top five pick Jordan De Goey also impressed through the midfield and Harvey said the pair would be pushing for selection come Round 1.

However, i decided this was just a "tell the supporters what they want to hear" when i read this:

Another source of excitement on the night was American rookie Mason Cox who split his time between forward and ruck. The 211cm giant is still raw and requires more development but he kicked a goal and took a big pack mark and Harvey was impressed with what he saw. "The guy has only been in the game a couple of months so he's still learning the caper but we feel he's got a future clearly," Harvey said. "To be that athletic and that tall and he's picked up the game so well, we're excited with where he's at."

To be honest E he did take a very nice pack mark with Brody Grundy attempting to spoil him from behind. Cox was too tall with arms extended.
He is a long way from being AFL ready, but he has only been in the system 6 months & hasn't played even a VFL game yet. But yes there is a little bit of hype going on. Not only becasue he is American but becasue he is 211 cm tall.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:58 am

Interesting to see the other comments:

Fasolo "stood out up forward" (Mattys123: "Played forward nearly the entire time he was on, didn't do a lot though.")

Tom Langdon "kept Tyson Goldsack quiet". (Mattys123: Goldy started forward and played really well, got plenty of the ball and actually kicked at least one goal. Then was moved up the ground and got in the play a lot also.)

I'll go with Matty's opinion, thanks all the same.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:52 pm

That article doesn't mention Ben Kennedy either. Seems many people missed Ben last night. I usually do, but his first 2 and a bit quarters were excellent.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:01 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
That article doesn't mention Ben Kennedy either. Seems many people missed Ben last night. I usually do, but his first 2 and a bit quarters were excellent.

Is that due to his small build so that he is hard to spot from the outer?

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:06 pm

I agree. Are you sorry you missed Ben?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:46 pm

Thanks for the article Neil! Smile

The general consensus suggests that Swan was one of the clear standouts of the intra-club match along with Pendles and Kennedy.

A fit and firing Swan automatically improves this team and will easily alleviate or ease the pressure of the likes of Sidebottom and Greenwood who may feel the added pressure as a result of Beams' departure in the off-season.

A lot of people have written off Swan outside Collingwood but I'm expecting big things from the champ this season. I think he could be a potential difference along with our youngsters as to whether we push for the eight or are nowhere near making it.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:10 pm

Not sure if it was the red jumper but I thought The Great Dane looked trimmer
Certainly moved well.
There,s a lot to look forward to all about the place

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:31 pm

Was great to see him have a massive 3rd Qtr
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:11 pm

Swannie could be the "recruit of the year" --his first part of ,14 was pretty good (see Anzac Day game) then injury robbed him of his firepower
Go Swannie you are special to us mate

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:23 pm

Tannin wrote:

Fasolo "stood out up forward" (Mattys123: "Played forward nearly the entire time he was on, didn't do a lot though.")

Tom Langdon "kept Tyson Goldsack quiet". (Mattys123: Goldy started forward and played really well, got plenty of the ball and actually kicked at least one goal. Then was moved up the ground and got in the play a lot also.)

Agree with Matty on Faz. Thought Langdon and Goldy both had their moments.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:24 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:

Agree, BK was impressive, disposal let him down occasionally.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:33 am

jackcass wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Agree with Matty on Faz. Thought Langdon and Goldy both had their moments.

Matty also thought Langdon was good, I just didn't quote that bit.

mark (13 11 89 ) 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:50 am

Most importantly, no injuries! Hope the kids get a good run in the NAB games and then good grounding in the magooz..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: