Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A Dee now!! at training

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

JC Hartley wrote:
That is the point you're all ignoring.

He'll always be the Big H to me, he was always massively underrated around here.

And I agree with who ever wrote we didn't get enough for him.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:30 am

Having read the article on him in the paper today, he was very respectful toward Bucks. He even said he would continue to stay in contact with Bucks. I wish him well, except when he plays against us.

Sadly, he had become somewhat of a disruptive and distracting influence at our club, so while we may have traded him out reasonably cheaply, I believe it will end up a win, win, win deal. Varcoe is a little younger than H, and gives us outside speed and goal kicking skills, while the Dees have secured a fast running defender, and the Cats have got Clark. All 3 clubs have done well from this deal imo.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:22 pm

MOTR wrote:
Does anyone have a link. I'll reserve my comment till I've heard Harry's words directly.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/melbourne-recruit-heritier-lumumba-admits-collingwood-farewell-speech-did-not-come-out-right/story-e6frf3e3-1227130517661?sv=b14b315ae4245bf49c13107f0baf3aa2

I have a different interpretation of the story to barrybc41. Seems to me that he was trying to be respectful about his time at Collingwood and Buck's influence on his football. No evidence there which suggests that his relationship with Bucks broke down completely.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:32 pm
Post subject: Re: A Dee now!! at trainingReply with quote

barrybc41 wrote:
Harry was interveiwed after training and explain that his working relations
with Nathan completely broke down.
He went on to say that he considered pushing on at the club or moving on
Well he has and taking a shot at an individual i,m not sure about
He says he wears his heart on his sleeve
Hope those sleeves are big enough to soak up the tears of frustration that lie ahead
living a footy life in a cellar

Mate, what you've posted is not exactly what was reported. I think you might have inadvertently misrepresented what H said:

“Bucks and I have known each other for 10 years,” he said. “Even when he was not at the club, he was a huge resource for me, and I am sure he will continue to be.“I look forward to still having him in my life. There is no animosity at all. “Some relationships don’t function as well as they could and sometimes you have to reassess. In this case, it was best to go our separate ways.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/melbourne-recruit-heritier-lumumba-admits-collingwood-farewell-speech-did-not-come-out-right/story-e6frf3e3-1227130517661?sv=b14b315ae4245bf49c13107f0baf3aa2

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:01 pm

JC Hartley wrote:
Since when will all of you begin to realise that he is not 'Harry'? He's Heritier (Her-et-ia) these days. Get with the program & times you fools.

Harry? Is that you?

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:44 pm

JC Hartley wrote:
Since when will all of you begin to realise that he is not 'Harry'? He's Heritier (Her-et-ia) these days. Get with the program & times you fools.

How about go **** yourself, you sanctimonious twat.
JC Hartley Cancer

16 premierships now in the history books. Let's be the first club to 17 premierships.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:15 pm

Wokko wrote:
JC Hartley wrote:

Ignorance runs rife in you.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:39 pm

JC Hartley wrote:
Wokko wrote:
JC Hartley wrote:

Ignorance runs rife in you.

Rolling Eyes
Stupied 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:33 am

Wokko wrote:
JC Hartley wrote:

Nick's really needs a like button.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:52 pm

Providing no Deeees player makes a not quite politically correct joke around H, he should be ok I guess. Just hope Mr Sensitivity can hack the dismal years ahead of him at a ratshit club, with no culture, and perpetually skint and broke. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:54 pm

September Zeros wrote:
JC Hartley wrote:

Harry? Is that you?

Trouble is, the old song we used to quote from, aka "Im just wild about Harry", at games, doesn't have the same ring to it, when one says Heritier. Razz Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:14 pm

JC Hartley wrote:

If you're going to bag people, and do the kindergarten sounding out syllables smartie-pants thing - at least make sure you're accurate.

It's always been Heritier, abbreviated to Harry - the same way Michael is abbreviated to Mick........

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:22 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

King Monkey wrote:
JC Hartley wrote:

If you're going to bag people, and do the kindergarten sounding out syllables smartie-pants thing - at least make sure you're accurate.

It's always been Heritier, abbreviated to Harry - the same way Michael is abbreviated to Mick........

Yeah right. Bruce Ruxton never appreciated anyone calling him Barry! What's your point?

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:58 pm

Had a feeling this would turn into a slanging match when I saw the title, but I didn't think it would be over semantics and pronunciations! Really quite ridiculous. I'm gonna miss H a lot, he was a unique type of player and a unique type of guy who was able to think beyond his own little world. Very, very rare in the modern game, in modern society for that matter.
Good luck at the Dees mate, I don't think they are in as bad a position as many do. You can already see changes since Roos took over, and I do believe they're on the up. In my most pessimistic moments I think they might see finals before we do. Thankfully such moments are rare.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:11 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

Spare me the croc tears. Why did we sack him then? He should have been made a peace offer that accommodated his political and public speakimg ambitions. He is a champion player and we could not find room for him or accept his name changing. I reckon he is a legend. Hertiter is a name I am ok with too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: