Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What is necessary?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robbie 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:04 pm
Post subject: What is necessary?Reply with quote

I understand my situation is not shared by the majority of members nevertheless one of the reasons I continue my membership and actively recruit new members is my belief in the importance of maintaining your Collingwood Membership as part of your support for the Club. I am proud to announce a new member of the Collingwood Football Club for the year 2015. On a light note Matt decided to purchase the number 19 Guernsey because of our mutual admiration of the efforts of Jamie Elliott, and now that James has taken number 5 ( my Guernsey number sine Nathan Buckley ) it bodes well for their future lives together.

The Collingwood website is close to useless in that most, if not all revelations appear in the popular press prior to any acknowledgement from the official website. I understand information is fluid in this age although Members of the Club should have some method of gaining information just prior to the rest of the world.

I admire the position Eddie has brought us to, and as a true believer I would not suggest to add any further ammunition to the Magpie haters, and yet I do believe members should not be the last to know. In 2015 we have our first two choices from the previous national draft possibly playing their first games for the Senior team, as well as the son of a Club great running out with number 30 on his back. I don't care what security level I must agree to because their progress is important to all of us, and if I need to provide separate security proof then I will do it because those of us living in Canberra receive almost no information concerning AFL. As most supporters I signed the contract for Foxtel the moment I realised I would be able to watch the games live and yet my children have only understood the game after our journeys south, where the proof of my explanations became obvious because of the sheer size of the MCG.

The Magpies have always been a team of the people, and whilst we are all aware of the advantage our opposition takes in prior knowledge, surely we are able to communicate the position of certain players to our long term members. Should this not be possible then a statement to the members by Gary Pert would suffice, although always remember the old truth about emptiness creating its own conclusion.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:57 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

what is necessary is for you to make sense.
Stinger 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:08 am

Ha, I thought exactly the same thing!!!

I think what Robbie was trying to say is: As members we should be privy to the latest information about the team, players and club. Keep us up to date. Let us here from the club first; not through a third party website. Be honest with us.

If that means using a members only portal for information - create it and use it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:31 am

But whats to stop a journo creating an ID as a Member equal to yours and mine getting the same info out via their media work

NUFFIN is gunna stop dat dude!
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:53 am

With the internet, social media and other forms of high speed media and communication nothing is secret for too long. At the end of the day much is speculated on prior to a decision made in many cases. It is the era we live in.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:15 am

Stinger wrote:
John Wren wrote:
what is necessary is for you to make sense.

Ha, I thought exactly the same thing!!!

I think what Robbie was trying to say is: As members we should be privy to the latest information about the team, players and club. Keep us up to date. Let us here from the club first; not through a third party website. Be honest with us.

If that means using a members only portal for information - create it and use it.

there's a fine line between communicating too much and not communicating enough. i am sure the media guys are busy enough creating other meaningful content and with the proliferation of other media platforms it'd be difficult to contend with. i think we already have one of the best in the business heading up our media department not to mention the team that focus on the digital content.

anyway, i'm not sure what else people want to know without it being intrusive. perhaps we can have a live stream from webcams placed inside the westpac centre so we can watch the guys eat breakfast.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:18 am

I'm not sure if it could.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:38 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

Read like a simplified Canberra public service press release.. Anyway, fed up with Canberra taxing us senseless and then demanding more from Melbourne based AFL fans who are down here doing the heavy lifting. My message to Canberra is shut up and stop complaining. You are already get too much for too little.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:42 pm

You got that right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: