Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Our young mids

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:04 pm
Post subject: Our young midsReply with quote

Does anyone see a future Pendles like A+ grader amongst them? Because I dont, I think they're all talented but I'm not seeing anyone we can build a midfield around, yet some think we need to spend pick 5 (along with the Moore pick) on a tall.

I keep hearing "who's going to take over from Cloke when he retires", but who's going to replace Pendles and Swan? Shaza looks more of a utility to me, Broomy looks like a natural forward and I'm not sure Thomas or Kennedy have the ability to become the top dogs in the midfield, not sure about Freeman TBH but I'm hopeful.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Stinger 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Next year Defender...next year.
Heizenberg 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:27 am

I see a large group of young talented mids, none perhaps in pendleburys class though, but who knows where Elliott and freeman and our soon to be no.5 draft, but wether that means much as to how well our mids may perform in future anyway, we will see.. I think we have very good depth of exceptional young mids which shouldn't be looked down upon because none of them seem to have that pendlebury level of class
E 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:34 am
Post subject: Re: Our young midsReply with quote

Defender wrote:
Does anyone see a future Pendles like A+ grader amongst them? Because I dont, I think they're all talented but I'm not seeing anyone we can build a midfield around, yet some think we need to spend pick 5 (along with the Moore pick) on a tall.

I keep hearing "who's going to take over from Cloke when he retires", but who's going to replace Pendles and Swan? Shaza looks more of a utility to me, Broomy looks like a natural forward and I'm not sure Thomas or Kennedy have the ability to become the top dogs in the midfield, not sure about Freeman TBH but I'm hopeful.

Let me tell you a little story about how I got the name E.

In 2007-2008, many people on a Collingwood website I posted on (Extreme Black N White) were bemoaning the fact that we had no elite midfielders (elite was the word we all used back than rather than A-Graders). We had a good side but what was going to hold us back was the absence of any elite midfielders.

I kept saying that we had a lot of young kids who had a good shot of being A Graders and were well on the way. Thomas, Pendles and Swan were three. all they needed was a good ruckman). I also thought Leon Davis was also close to being one as well.

I was mocked so much for this view that in defiance I renamed myself Elite Midfielders. I later shortened that to Elite as the battle raged on.

Finally, when everyone eventually accepted that our side was chock full of elite mids (and that our midfield was, in fact, our strength), I decided my job was done and I reverted to the name you all now know and love "E".

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:03 am

E wrote:
Defender wrote:

In 2007-2008, many people on a Collingwood website I posted on (Extreme Black N White) were bemoaning the fact that we had no elite midfielders (elite was the word we all used back than rather than A-Graders). We had a good side but what was going to hold us back was the absence of any elite midfielders.

I kept saying that we had a lot of young kids who had a good shot of being A Graders and were well on the way. Thomas, Pendles and Swan were three. all they needed was a good ruckman). I also thought Leon Davis was also close to being one as well.

I was mocked so much for this view that in defiance I renamed myself Elite Midfielders. I later shortened that to Elite as the battle raged on.

Finally, when everyone eventually accepted that our side was chock full of elite mids (and that our midfield was, in fact, our strength), I decided my job was done and I reverted to the name you all now know and love "E".

Great post, loved it.

But, I had a different mind set during that period, we just recruited Beams and Sidders and Pendles and Daisy were tracking as expected, I don't get the same feeling with this current crop.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:48 am

The problem in this draft defender, is that the mids available to us at pick 5 may not be elite mids either. I'm confident that if there are any gems available at picks 5,30 & 48 that Hine & Rendell will find them. These 2 have recruited the likes of Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Beams, Sloane, Thomas, Sidebottom etc. only Daisy & Pendles were top 5 picks from that lot. Have faith.
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:12 am

Freeman will be that player.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:56 am

loki04 wrote:
Freeman will be that player.

He hasn't had much opportunity to date to show his wares but he certainly has the potential.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:14 am

Freeman, Broomhead and probably Sharenberg will be our future silky midfielders.
Stinger 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:15 am

E wrote:
Defender wrote:

I just thought you loved drugs!
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:24 am

Defender wrote:

why do we need someone to build a midfield around? we need players capable of playing the roles assigned to them.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:27 pm

Stinger wrote:
E wrote:
Defender wrote:

I just thought you loved drugs!

You would, fellow Canberran

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:30 pm

Defender, I see where you're coming from but I actually think as long as they develop quickly as a group we won't need a single player to be elite. Mind you ... really would have loved Dangerfield in there!!! Or Fyfe... or .... but hey it is what is is. Maybe Crispy can do something magic?
blakis 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:21 pm

I think Patty K will show some of his wares next year and show us he could be the next "silky" mid to emerge, mark my words....... or don't mark them (which may be safer for me)
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:23 pm

For you I will consider it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: