Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Time to decide. Who do you want at pick 5?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you hope the club selects at pick 5?
Laverde 189cm 82kg half-forward/back/midfielder 12/4/96
45%
 45%  [ 27 ]
De Goey 187cm 82kg half-forward/midfielder 15/3/96
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Wright 203cm 102kg key forward/ruckman 8/9/96
28%
 28%  [ 17 ]
Pickett 180cm 76kg midfielder/half-forward 18/8/96
11%
 11%  [ 7 ]
Lever 194cm 84kg key defender 5/3/96
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Weller 181cm 77kg midfielder 23/2/96
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Duggan 183cm 76kg half-back/midfielder 11/12/96
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ahern 181cm 77kg half-forward/midfielder 1/8/96
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Langford 190cm 73kg half-forward/back 1/12/96
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Other - please specify
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 59

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rate it like this:

1.Laverde/Wright
3.Pickett
4.Langford
5.De Goey

I think we only select De Goey if we want someone with a touch more inside ability coupled with a real competitive streak.

He'd be a solid and safe selection but his ceiling mightn't be as high as the others IMO.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:22 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
Who in season 2014 looked the hardest to beat? Sydney is who I'm thinking and I reckon the fatheads at moore park thought so too, (to early in the finals as well hence there downfall.) But they did keep there cards close to there chest when recruiting two of the best ready made forwards in the game, but at a cost as we all know. So my query is can you rebuild a forward line as quick as the swans did if you were to choose an elite kicking tall foward like Write as a first year draftee and have an already made power forward like Cloke and have the same results quickly like the swans? Probably not. But not picking Write, if he were available, would leave Collingwood with less options on and off the field and with the options available at the pie expense after he's drafted would be a mistake. So today's decision is Write for me.

Darcy Moore may turn out to be better than Wright.....and then there's Reid.

I haven't forgotten Moore. I just think with a plethora of kpps the club can build a competitive list with a solid foundation of ready made afl players for a very long time to come.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:19 pm

I'm leaning toward one of the L's... in order of preference Laverde, Langford, or Lever but the reality is I'll be happy to get any of the players listed above.

Last edited by jackcass on Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:20 pm

I've changed my mind again! I'm leaning towards Laverde again Razz
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:22 pm

jackcass wrote:
I'm leaning toward one of the L's... in order of preference Laverde, Langford, or Lever but the reality is I'll be happy to get any of the players listed above, or Lever.

I am very sure we wont take Lever

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:12 pm

Rumour that McCartin is tipped to now go at No.1.

Don't think it changes anything for us as I doubt Melbourne would overlook Petracca and Brayshaw and even if they did hard to see GWS bypassing one or the other.

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:24 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Rumour that McCartin is tipped to now go at No.1.

Don't think it changes anything for us as I doubt Melbourne would overlook Petracca and Brayshaw and even if they did hard to see GWS bypassing one or the other.

I think the same 3 still stands. It just may mean the Dees get Petracca instead of McCartin. Wont change our options I wouldn't think
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:24 pm

I'm going off wright, not because I don't think we should go for a tall KPP if one is available, just that Wright seems much more a ruckman than a KP forward.

I'll just wait and see who we draft. When is that again?
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:11 pm

I've been having a bit of a re-think over the last few days. I've been advocating a tall, big-bodied midfielder for over 12 months. We picked Sharenberg and Freeman which gave us plenty of flexibility, but injuries prevented us from getting any value from these two top 10 picks. Freeman was heading for plenty of games in his first year and 12 months on I expect him to be a midfield regular in 2015.

We've picked up Crisp, Varcoe and Greenwood for Beams, Lumumba and Ball which is pretty good drafting, but still places us somewhat behind where we were. Whilst Varcoe and Greenwood can go close to replacing H and Bally, Crisp is nowhere near Beams, so that's a loss. We need some of Fasolo, Kennedy, Broomhead and Oxley to really step up.

The real area of concern is in the area of key position players. Lynch and White haven't really set the world on fire as Cloke helpers. Perhaps Karnezis will step up if he can overcome his multiple injuries, but it's an area of concern. So is the position at the other end. If we get Reid and Brown back our young defence looks so much stronger, but that's a very big if. Brown is injury prone and Reid is constantly hobbling off the field with leg injuries or soft tissue niggles.

If Brown and Reid continue their injury pathways then Collingwood can't win a premiership any time soon. Defence wins premierships they say and ours is undermanned. Therefore, I think we need to pick the best young defender or swingman that we can find. We have Moore, but realistically, he won't play a lot of games in 2015. he looked great at training last week; poised, fluent and smart, but 2016 and beyond is his go. White will probably be on the wane by then and so will Cloke. I reckon we need to pick the best tall KPPs we can find in the draft whoever they are.

If I had to pick players right now, Lever would be my pick, with Goddard and perhaps Marchbank thereabouts. Now, if Pickett is still there at 5, I reckon Hine will jump at the chance.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:35 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I'm going off wright, not because I don't think we should go for a tall KPP if one is available, just that Wright seems much more a ruckman than a KP forward.

I'll just wait and see who we draft. When is that again?

not long to go now. thursday night the wait and all the speculation will be over. the afl has invited to the gold coast the top 17 draftees. they don't even know who really will go when.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:41 pm

We need the next 'face of the club' With Daisy and Beams gone, who are the kids going to get on their backs? So I say we draft the best marketting option and start rolling in even more cash.

(Also, I'm clueless on the draft and wonder how many people actually follow juniour footy and how many just read Emma Quayle articles) Laughing
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:55 pm

OK: I would be happy with any of the following for no 5:

1. Wright
2. Pickett
3. Laverde
4. Langford

Not necessarily in that order.

No 30: Yarran

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:03 pm

Starting to look like its might be out of Lavarde and De Goey
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:39 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
jackcass wrote:
I'm leaning toward one of the L's... in order of preference Laverde, Langford, or Lever but the reality is I'll be happy to get any of the players listed above, or Lever.

I am very sure we wont take Lever

Dave, I'm pretty sure we won't take 9 of the top 10 prospects, it's which 9 I'm unsure of.

Either way, I think Lever may turn out to be among the top few player out of this draft. Time will tell.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:29 am

I voted for Laverde but now as the draft looms I have a feeling we are bluffing. The names De Goey, Laverde and Langford have been thrown out but I have a gut feeling we might pluck 203 cm Peter Wright at pick 5.

The top 3 are locked away and it is most likely GWS will take pickett with pick 4.

I have a feeling the recruiters might look at securing our spine for the next 10 year with Grundy and Witts and adding another two 200cm beasts with picks 5 and 9 this year.

On the off chance GWS take him then it will mean pickett is available.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: