Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Draft Pick No.5: Kyle Langford??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:41 am
Post subject: Draft Pick No.5: Kyle Langford??Reply with quote

The Herald-Sun is reporting this morning that Collingwood is circling draft bolter Kyle Langford. That's a bolter in anybody's language!

http://www.news.com.au/sport/breaking-news/afl-draft-pick-me-kyle-langford-has-overcome-rejection-to-be-this-years-draft-bolter/story-fnect155-1227128763826

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:50 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Herald Sun have had us taking - De Goey, Ahern, Pickett, Laverde & now Langford at pick 5. The only thing we can gleam from this is they have no friggin clue who we intend to pick but wont admit it.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:05 am

woftam wrote:
Herald Sun have had us taking - De Goey, Ahern, Pickett, Laverde & now Langford at pick 5. The only thing we can gleam from this is they have no friggin clue who we intend to pick but wont admit it.

After being burned in last year's draft, I would be guessing that Collingwood's recruitment staff know exactly who they will taking at pick 5 in this year's draft and the Heraldsun and every other media outlet will be the last ones to know about it.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:10 am

Why do we think they were "burned" in last year's draft? I thought they selected exactly the players they wanted. And, for good measure, picked two extras that they considered to be bargains, one of whom has already played high-quality senior football.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:21 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
woftam wrote:

After being burned in last year's draft, I would be guessing that Collingwood's recruitment staff know exactly who they will taking at pick 5 in this year's draft and the Heraldsun and every other media outlet will be the last ones to know about it.

ridiculous notion to suggest the club got burnt last year.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:20 am

Ahern and Pickett? Good players by all accounts, but I'd suggest they are not worthy of pick 5 and are not the sort of player we really need. I think the collective wisdom here at Nick's is that we well and truly have enough short mids. Time to find a big-bodied, elite kicking, strong marking midfielder, if he exists.

De Goey and Langford may qualify, but are they top 5 material? Laverde seems to be what we need.

axl13 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:35 am

I think Langford was second in the kicking combine meaning he is an elite kick and is something we need at the moment. 14.7 beep test for a 190cm player is very good as well.
themonk 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:54 am

axl13 wrote:
I think Langford was second in the kicking combine meaning he is an elite kick and is something we need at the moment. 14.7 beep test for a 190cm player is very good as well.

Agreed, the only down side to this kid is that due to his frame he may not debut for another year or more, keep in mind he is 17.

Then again, apart from his highlights I haven't seen him play, Broomhead is not what you'd call solid but look at him go.

Once again, up to our recruiters.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:09 pm

Some reports on bigfooty that he played on Laverde at school footy level and towelled him up.

Who knows if accurate and indeed if it even matters but an interesting little bit of info.

I was quite impressed by his highlight package as he just had that something extra that isn't so easy to define but when you see it you know the guy has the tools to make it at AFL level.

I liked the way he spoke and his attitude in the "draft trumps" link that I posted in another thread.

His marking is elite for someone so lightly framed still and does very much remind me of a Gunston type forward prospect.

Laverde would be in the same boat though and is probably the safer selection but Langford as a bottom aged prospect has real appeal.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:35 pm

Well IF that is true he is on the Short List
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:56 pm

John Wren wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
woftam wrote:

ridiculous notion to suggest the club got burnt last year.

Not suggesting Collingwood were unhappy taking Scharenburg and Freeman in the 2013 draft. Its just that a week prior to last year's draft there was a report in the Heraldsun that Collingwood were going to take Bontempelli who till then was only an outside chance to be a first round draft pick. Next thing you know the Western Bulldogs have swooped on him before our pick. This may not have affected the outcome of last year's draft, but why should the club give anything away to opposition clubs? I suspect for that reason Collingwood knows who it's going to pick at pick 5, but it's not going to give anything away to anyone else, especially the Heraldsun.
On the March 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:45 pm

Oh the power of the internet where fiction becomes truth and truth is.......somewhere out there......
Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:07 pm

On Pickett, it was suggested, I think originally by Paige C. that "if GWS want Pickett they will need to use #4 to get him, because Collingwood will swoop at #5. Read into that what you will. Propaganda or fact? I'd say the former Wink Who would slide ...
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:49 pm

Not overly keen on Langford, from the highlights it looks like he lacks depth in his kicking. Reminded me of Maxwell.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:51 pm

Laverde reminds me of a very young Daisy but taller. I am hopeful we draft this kid at pick 5. Can't pass up a tall quick midfielder with good skills.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: