Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Training report: Day 1 (photos added)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Neil, great stuff!!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:36 pm

Wow, terrific reporting Neil. Your writing made me feel as though I was there. Great stuff.
ApplesKuwait 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:38 pm

Dear Neil,
I tried to join you but even with a direct Emirates flight from Dubai, I couldn't make it in time!
Can I suggest a Training Report on your Drive Programme on Fridays?
3MBS 103.5 doesn't know what is got there. Skip some of the Mozart after 6pm and introduce some Training notes. I'm sure the blue-rinse brigade from Leafy Camberwell will be all ears!
Great report and has the coffee improved in the cafe?
Cheers, Ross

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:27 pm

Quote:
Nathan Freeman and Darcy Moore were prominent. Travis Varcoes kicking looked terrific.

Good to hear those 3 doing Well

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:29 pm

Sorry you've lost me, we were talking about jpg[img] Cant make them out .
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:47 pm

Jezza wrote:
Thanks for the report Neil and great photos as well. A few questions that I'm wondering if you could answer for me is:

1). After a season of being injury-riddled how is Dane Swan tracking along on the training track? Does he look fit and firing or is he still a fair way off from returning to full fitness?

Swanny looks pretty good actually and led most of the runs with his little group. He's on track for a full recovery and a full pre season. I watched Swanny pretty closely today; he's never been a standout trainer, but he was impressive.

2). It's great to hear that Macaffer is recovering well and determined to get back into full fitness, but how's Matty Scharenberg going with his recovery as well? I would assume he's at the same stage as Macaffer in terms of recovery as both of them sustained ACL injuries approximately around the same time as each other.
They both jogged/walked laps. Obviously Caff is ahead of Sharenberg due to his LARS surgery. He also looked more involved in what was happening around him. I guess that would be due to the fact that he's been through it before and that he's a lot closer to playing.

3). Is Jonathan Marsh's lack of endurance a concern? Did it hinder him for the whole training session or just during running laps?
He didn't train with the main group. His morning consisted of timed-laps and 50 metre run throughs. I think he was probably following instructions to take it easy; I hope so anyway. Last year his pace was electric but he did run out of gas in games and I think the club has ear-marked him for 'tank development'

Great to hear that the likes of Freeman, Moore and Cox are training the house down! Very Happy

E 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:09 am

who is the dude with the ginger beard and the long hair? Is that Marsh?
ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:07 am

Thanks very much for taking the time Neil. For those of us who are not in Melbourne (or can't go) it is appreciated. May you live long and prosper.Looking forward to reading about draft choices in the future.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:50 am

I am with Woftam

- Marsh's hamstring looked high up and he was in considerable pain when he did it. Reminiscent of Nick Reiwoldt against Presti that day at Etihad. Quite severe
- Thanks for the report Neil. Diligent as ever.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:56 am

E wrote:
who is the dude with the ginger beard and the long hair? Is that Marsh?

Yes, that's Marsh.

skidmark 

I've still got worms...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:36 am

Thank you
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:39 am

you are quite welcome.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:02 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Thanks for the report Neil and great photos as well. A few questions that I'm wondering if you could answer for me is:

1). After a season of being injury-riddled how is Dane Swan tracking along on the training track? Does he look fit and firing or is he still a fair way off from returning to full fitness?

Swanny looks pretty good actually and led most of the runs with his little group. He's on track for a full recovery and a full pre season. I watched Swanny pretty closely today; he's never been a standout trainer, but he was impressive.

2). It's great to hear that Macaffer is recovering well and determined to get back into full fitness, but how's Matty Scharenberg going with his recovery as well? I would assume he's at the same stage as Macaffer in terms of recovery as both of them sustained ACL injuries approximately around the same time as each other.
They both jogged/walked laps. Obviously Caff is ahead of Sharenberg due to his LARS surgery. He also looked more involved in what was happening around him. I guess that would be due to the fact that he's been through it before and that he's a lot closer to playing.

3). Is Jonathan Marsh's lack of endurance a concern? Did it hinder him for the whole training session or just during running laps?
He didn't train with the main group. His morning consisted of timed-laps and 50 metre run throughs. I think he was probably following instructions to take it easy; I hope so anyway. Last year his pace was electric but he did run out of gas in games and I think the club has ear-marked him for 'tank development'

Great to hear that the likes of Freeman, Moore and Cox are training the house down! Very Happy

Thanks for the report Neil. Both Macaffer and Scharenberg had the standard ACL reco's unless I'm mistaken.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:27 pm

Thanks for the report Neil. Great reading!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:53 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Thanks for the response Neil! Great stuff!

I wasn't actually aware that Macaffer underwent LARS surgery as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: