Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

ABC may pull plug on VFL coverage

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
With bloody Turnbulls cuts to the ABC today, big cuts, the man who has sold his soul to old yank fart Murdoch, it has to happen, sadly, something will have to be cut back bigtime.
struth, you know the ABC have abandoned rural and regional Australia, they are more concerned competing against the other broadcasters for ratings and do it on the tax payers dollar, they are no longer the Service Provider that they once where, they deserve to have their funding cut, money would be better spent elsewhere.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:37 pm

MagpieMad wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
With bloody Turnbulls cuts to the ABC today, big cuts, the man who has sold his soul to old yank fart Murdoch, it has to happen, sadly, something will have to be cut back bigtime.
struth, you know the ABC have abandoned rural and regional Australia, they are more concerned competing against the other broadcasters for ratings and do it on the tax payers dollar, they are no longer the Service Provider that they once where, they deserve to have their funding cut, money would be better spent elsewhere.

Unfortunately the ABC have their own agenda. For a start they should be balanced an apolitical in every respect. Their whole structure should be revised imo
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:29 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
MagpieMad wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Unfortunately the ABC have their own agenda. For a start they should be balanced an apolitical in every respect. Their whole structure should be revised imo

I live in regional OZ and don't feel abandoned by the ABC. I think that it is already apolitical and the attack on the ABC and public broadcasters wherever you find them is a typical play from the Tea Party cronies.

Quality journalism free from influence by the wealthy owners of media companies is what the ABC offers and it does so on a limited budget. Together with SBS they play an important part in providing a broader and less biased view of Australia and Australian politics.

Those who think the ABC are biased are probably so far to the right of the political spectrum they see the middle ground of the ABC as far left!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:43 am

Member 7167 wrote:
MagpieMad wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

yeah, but if you want old yank fart Murdoch to have free rein, over the media,then gutting the abc is first cab off the rank. The ABC has no agenda, and are apolitical, as evidenced by that weekly show, "At home with Julia" that satirised the former PM without mercy, week after week, even had a segment with her supposedly naked under an Australian flag, I bet the Libs and right wingers loved that show, I bet they did Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:38 am

Member 7167 wrote:
MagpieMad wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Member, you should try watching the ABC (and or/ to listening to it) The right wing libs & the commercial media have a vested interest in gutting the ABC.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:08 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Clary? Julian Clary is commentating the VFL ?

Well, there's a bit of hows your charlie, I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFkxPsbQ46A

(I'm pasting & posting this hoping it's good as I'm at work without access to audio)!!

Just to reiterate in a slightly different form what I said earlier in a now deleted post, I don't have a lot of time for Julian Clary, the role he played was hardly conducive to good straight/gay relationships, all he did was perpetuate very unhelpful stereotypes.

I won't repeat the description i used previously as that was misinterpreted as a general insult to gays rather than a disparaging description of the role that self promoter played.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:13 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Clary? Julian Clary is commentating the VFL ?

Well, there's a bit of hows your charlie, I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFkxPsbQ46A

(I'm pasting & posting this hoping it's good as I'm at work without access to audio)!!

Just to reiterate in a slightly different form what I said earlier in a now deleted post, I don't have a lot of time for Julian Clary, the role he played was hardly conducive to good straight/gay relationships, all he did was perpetuate very unhelpful stereotypes.

I won't repeat the description i used previously as that was misinterpreted as a general insult to gays rather than a disparaging description of the role that self promoter played.

I read your deleted post, didn't see much wrong with it TBH.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: