Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bill Davoren - Dead Man Walking

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robbie 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:37 am
Post subject: Bill Davoren - Dead Man WalkingReply with quote

Whenever a subordinate used statistics to placate what seemed to be failure I thought it was just prolonging the inevitable, and now faced with a regime of additional charges required by the AFL for spending on football administration, I do not believe we need to play politically correct rhetoric when results are required.

Bill would not be the there without Rocket, and now that he's gone why do we need to view a spreadsheet supposedly proving Davoren to be good at his job when any member of the Club can tell you the depth of despair suffered in 2014 due to soft tissue injuries amongst others. We have a new Doctor and weights instructor, proof of Eddie's concern, and sufficient to keep a close eye on Davoren. My point can best be explained by the example of Chains and Weak Links. I would be looking at our Olympic Hockey Squad or similar where players fitness and happiness is absolutely necessary because of the almost amateur nature of their participation. Something along the lines of thinking Outside the Square.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:55 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe he's still there, been saying it for months! I would have thought he be first out the door!

Seriously when they hired him, my comment was, yeah let's get st Kilda fitness guy, they are on the way down! Ok!

Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:57 am

Am i the only one who had to read that more than once and still said to himself 'wtf?'.
Too many big words and over engineered sentences for this simple nickster...[/list]

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:08 am
Post subject: Re: Bill Davoren - Dead Man WalkingReply with quote

Robbie wrote:
Whenever a subordinate used statistics to placate what seemed to be failure I thought it was just prolonging the inevitable, and now faced with a regime of additional charges required by the AFL for spending on football administration, I do not believe we need to play politically correct rhetoric when results are required.

Bill would not be the there without Rocket, and now that he's gone why do we need to view a spreadsheet supposedly proving Davoren to be good at his job when any member of the Club can tell you the depth of despair suffered in 2014 due to soft tissue injuries amongst others. We have a new Doctor and weights instructor, proof of Eddie's concern, and sufficient to keep a close eye on Davoren. My point can best be explained by the example of Chains and Weak Links. I would be looking at our Olympic Hockey Squad or similar where players fitness and happiness is absolutely necessary because of the almost amateur nature of their participation. Something along the lines of thinking Outside the Square.

So you want Davoren sacked because of the injuries we had this year.
Perhaps the club looked at what was going on and the causes and sacked the doctor and weights instructor due to this .

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:11 am

Yeah but isn't deveron The Fitness Guy?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:39 am

You can’t sack a guy after 1 Year
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:37 pm

"Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:11 pm

what recruitment process does the club go through when they have a vacancy?

e.g. Bill Davoren, Head of High Performance, how transparent was the process, or did we just ask a mate, like Rodney Eade who used to work with him at Footscray…………

Amateur at best, negligent at worst!

We deserve the best at Collingwood, if the appointment was made as I suspect through the mates network, then those who appointed him and recommended him, have shown a complete lack of judgement and transparency!"

tick tick tick
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:49 pm

I think we got an insight at Eddie's post-season meeting at the MCG. Although this was seen as a clever move by Eddie to head off discontent 'at the pass' so to speak, much time and analysis had gone into the injury problem. Now, I attended intending to ask questions about the injuries and about the re-selling of Legend seats in the Ponsford, but the injury questions were anticipated and Eddie introduced Davoren, who gave us all a very detailed analysis of the injuries. He suggested that if we took out the injuries to Freeman, Sharenberg and Reid, we were actually better off than in 2013.

My reading of that night in hindsight was that the riot act had been read to the whole fitness/sport science staff. Heads have rolled and if there isn't a marked improvement this year, I'd expect Davoren to get his marching orders at the end of 2015.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:02 pm

mgh3536 wrote:
"Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:11 pm

what recruitment process does the club go through when they have a vacancy?

e.g. Bill Davoren, Head of High Performance, how transparent was the process, or did we just ask a mate, like Rodney Eade who used to work with him at Footscray…………

Amateur at best, negligent at worst!

We deserve the best at Collingwood, if the appointment was made as I suspect through the mates network, then those who appointed him and recommended him, have shown a complete lack of judgement and transparency!"

tick tick tick

Your comments are speculative at best and there are no facts on hand to support your argument. I personally think that the club would go thru due process to select any appointment. Once again I have no facts to support this but I do believe that both Pert and Eddie have good business heads and they would not fall for the old jobs for the boys methods.

Yes, I realise that some could attribute these methods to Buckley's appointment but please take into account that the club have intimate knowledge on Buckley's potential, skills and intellect.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:27 pm

Davoren was very lucky to retain his job at the club. If we don't see an improvement in 2015 on the injury and fitness front then he's certainly gone.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:34 pm

Jezza wrote:
Davoren was very lucky to retain his job at the club. If we don't see an improvement in 2015 on the injury and fitness front then he's certainly gone.

one would sincerely hope they only give him 1/2 a season if the bodies start a rollin again!

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:40 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
You can’t sack a guy after 1 Year

Well said Dave. Some people are very disloyal to the officials who work very hard behind the scenes at our Club to make it a success. Should have their membership suspended for these type of comments.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:40 pm

Should've been sacked this year IMO, if we cop more of the same next year our management will look like complete muppets, more than ole Billy boys head will roll.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:38 pm

Yippee! A witch hunt!!
Burn Davoren! Burn Davoren! Burn Davoren!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:22 am

I'd like to think of myself as being pretty measured, but on this one I am with the many who have called for Davoren to go.
His overtraining did the damage. I think they pinged the long serving Doc and Rocket/politics save Davoren. Wrong choice in my opinion.

Shame we didn't get the ManU fitness guy that we originally targeted for the role.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: