Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Fasolo the New Daisy

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:14 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
Said in other threads, the time out with the injured foot, he seemed to realize just how lucky he is to have an AFL career. When he came back he busted his arse, took the smack from the captain and learnt from it. Always been a fan, but even more so when he came back, he just appreciated footy more,

Agree 100% with this.

I think he started with an arrogance appearance, but has been very good at learning from elders who have shown him how to properly direct his confidence. i have seen nothing but a good maturation of a young player. He has also shown a desire to work hard.

this is a separate question as to whether he is going to make it (jury is out on whether he can get over his injury and once he does that whether he has ceiling due to limtations).

I agree with the theme here that he has the potential to be an x-factor guy and we desperately need x factor guys.

He is another variable to success for a developing team. We have lots of them. i think he's worth putting more itme into. Others who have said this is a big year for him are pretty spot on though.

Bolsheviki 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:42 am

Make no mistake, an injury-free and committed Fas, is a class footballer. Beautiful hands and kick and deadly around goal, a full season from Fas, would make an enormous difference to the team. I agree, I reckon those injuries and 'smacks' may well be the making of him. Was a worth a try down back, but clearly not natural to him. Remember, Fas broke into a grand final team, miles better than this one, in his debut season.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:58 am

Playing Fas down back improved his defensive skills although not to the extent that he will be a defender.
Injury free and with a full preseason should let us see what he can do.

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:32 am

As much as I am a Faz fan, he better not be bullying Broomhead because if it came to the crunch, I would keep Broomhead.

Has anyone else heard of this bullying? Was it just bravado / banter?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:34 am

magpieazza wrote:
As much as I am a Faz fan, he better not be bullying Broomhead because if it came to the crunch, I would keep Broomhead.

This bullying rumor is crap. Broomhead can look after himself. I reckon both the Faz and Broomhead will have breakout seasons next year.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:49 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
magpieazza wrote:

This bullying rumor is crap. Broomhead can look after himself. I reckon both the Faz and Broomhead will have breakout seasons next year.

Good, thanx Rb. As he should be able to look after himself, it was this rumour on top of another one which I heard of Broomhead getting homesick. If all is well then lets get it out in the open and move on.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:39 pm

The Faz is EXACTLY the type of player we are missing, and need desperately. At his best he can be a damaging small forward and goal sneak, and he has natural talent to burn. It's still to be seen whether he'll work under Buckley who doesn't like flashy players and hates show-offs. He seems to have learned a bit about the discipline needed to play at the top level, but a dour, hard-working Faz would struggle to get a game. If he can combine the flashy with the disciplined, exactly like Daisy did in 2010-11, he could be a huge bonus, the kind who can do the team-lifting stuff, he has elite skills and is one of the best overhead marks for his size in the game. I don't think he'll be as good as Daisy at his best, but then very few ever will.
But he just ain't a back! He's a small forward who could become a mid with a couple of good seasons.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:09 pm

Daisy and the rat pack are history... the word on the street is that the 'mob' now rules at Collingwood!

Faz with his Italian blood has joined the 'godfather' Rocca and others in a new inner circle. Broomhead has been bullied - yeah sure - but so have all the new guys until they learn to tow the line!

Faz will be playing all games next year if Bux knows what is good for him. Eddie has been given the 'word' from his superiors - the same guys that now pull the strings of the federal liberal party... Smile

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:41 am

I like Faz but like Neil I think he is too slow & is not in the game enough to make a consistent impact.

His disposal is great no doubt, doesn't get enough of the ball & seems either not to concentrate enough or know where to position himself. Having said that, playing half fwd can be a difficult role & he was young when he first played. Great skill set but a tad too slow for mine.

Hope he improves next season

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:25 am

watt price tully wrote:
I like Faz but like Neil I think he is too slow & is not in the game enough to make a consistent impact.

His disposal is great no doubt, doesn't get enough of the ball & seems either not to concentrate enough or know where to position himself. Having said that, playing half fwd can be a difficult role & he was young when he first played. Great skill set but a tad too slow for mine.

Hope he improves next season

Fas needs to step up in 2015 but he's not the only one on the list under pressure to perform.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:16 pm

Alex lacks the one single ability essential in AFL and that is to win or neutralise a contest. He goes the other way and actually loses them.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:36 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Alex lacks the one single ability essential in AFL and that is to win or neutralise a contest. He goes the other way and actually loses them.

That's a bit harsh, he was playing 18s for the WA state academy size in 2010 and his last 2 years have been ravaged by injury.

I think he'll be an awesome link for us for a few years to come. Only just played his 50th game.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:42 pm

Yes but compare him to Gavin Brown whom "never" and I mean "never" got beaten one on one
blakis 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:04 pm

Well yeah we could have a team full of Gavin Browns
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:39 pm

Don't need to be quick or win the one on ones if you can get in the right place at the right time.

1 game highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gnQhMufPpQ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: