Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Victorian State Election

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Smile
#SIDEBYSIDE
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:30 pm

Bugger
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:30 am

Links to the websites of all the minor parties you'll see on your upper house ballot:

http://catespeaks.wordpress.com/2014/11/14/victorian-state-election-meet-the-small-parties/

Check back in a week or two and she'll have written blog posts about each of them too. She did this for last year's federal election and I found it a really great resource when trying to work out which order my preferences should go.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:07 am

Thanks David. She was brilliant back then, a really vital resource. I'm sure this time she will be just as valuable.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:33 am

Liberal scum gift public millions to their private mates. FFS Napthine is a disgrace.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/victorian-government-gives-54-million-to-scotch-college-for-land-previously-valued-at-1-million-20141116-11nr17.html

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:49 am

watt price tully wrote:
Liberal scum gift public millions to their private mates. FFS Napthine is a disgrace.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/victorian-government-gives-54-million-to-scotch-college-for-land-previously-valued-at-1-million-20141116-11nr17.html

Probably fits the what pisses me off thread too, I mean three!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:31 pm

watt price tully wrote:

Whoa there Tex. Unless I'm missing something the valuation of $1.06 m was 6 years ago, not recent, and the final sale price was a negotiated outcome after the college took the government to the Supreme Court.

Bit of a long bow to pin Napthine on gifting coin to his mates.

However, FWIW I've decided that even though i have serious doubts about Andrews, somebody needs to govern the state so I'm voting Labor in reps and Sex party in the senate.

I'm declaring that now so if I decide to rip into Andrews at a later stage, I can happily say I voted for him so I'm allowed to criticise. If on the other hand he surprises me and doesn't stuff things up totally, I'll give credit where it's due.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:41 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Whoa there Tex. Unless I'm missing something the valuation of $1.06 m was 6 years ago, not recent, and the final sale price was a negotiated outcome after the college took the government to the Supreme Court.

However, FWIW I've decided that even though i have serious doubts about Andrews, somebody needs to govern the state so I'm voting Labor in reps and Sex party in the senate.

I'm declaring that now so if I decide to rip into Andrews at a later stage, I can happily say I voted for him so I'm allowed to criticise. If on the other hand he surprises me and doesn't stuff things up totally, I'll give credit where it's due.

I thought settled out of court. Your right though, The Libs gifted public monies to their mates. Under Napthine's watch, so he's not solely responsible Wink

The ALP will do some things better but your referencing of the federal similarities between ALP/ Libs I reckon is more closely seen in the State. GST might assist state ALP - depending on timing. GST rate increase will occur - just depends when.

ALP lower house

? Green upper - still haven't forgiven them Nationally for voting against Rudd's first emissions trading scheme.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:07 pm

I'm in a safe Labor seat - though the thought of more midwives to deal with as a result of the promise of another 200 beds at Sunshine is nearly enough to make me change sides Shocked Razz

I'm voting for the Animal Justice Party - I want what they want and they want what I want!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:14 pm

Morrigu wrote:
I'm in a safe Labor seat - though the thought of more midwives to deal with as a result of the promise of another 200 beds at Sunshine is nearly enough to make me change sides Shocked Razz

I'm voting for the Animal Justice Party - I want what they want and they want what I want!

I didn't know there was one, sign me up too!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:16 pm

Morrigu wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing They are a tad special. Wink
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:02 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Whoa there Tex. Unless I'm missing something the valuation of $1.06 m was 6 years ago, not recent.

The land price increased nearly 5 times in just 6 years???? $1.06 6 years ago for a strip of land that can not be built on because it is part of Gardeners Creek flood pan.
If I owned useless land (like that ^) I'd love that kind of return!

stui magpie wrote:

...and the final sale price was a negotiated outcome after the college took the government to the Supreme Court

Quote:
Nothing was heard of the case's resolution, until the school this year lodged its 2013 financial return.

There was no judgment for or against the sale price.
The outcome of this Supreme Court was "announced" (hidden) when the Scotch College lodged it's financial returns for last year?
Shocked Shocked Shocked
I don't know if that's courts announce judgement but my bet is
the government simply settled on the price out of court and didn't bother to inform the press.
how convenient!

stui magpie wrote:

Scotch old boy and state Liberal Party elder David Kemp headed a taskforce to ensure the school got what it considered fair compensation for the land.
Dr Kemp, the party's state president between 2007 and 2011, said on Sunday there had been "normal legal negotiations" between the school and the government over the land's worth.
And he said the *negotiations were entirely undertaken by lawyers.
"I had no personal role," said Dr Kemp, who is[b] a Scotch College director.[b]
(and State Party president during "negotiations")!!!

It seems every week there is a fresh example of Liberal Party corruption/cronyism. Rolling Eyes

(I love this bit)... *he said the negotiations were entirely undertaken by lawyers.
I take it he means Lawyers don't take directions from clients...
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:28 pm

Had to take mum to the hospital so we did that and then went and did her shopping.

They have an early election voting thingy at the local shopping centre so said why don't you vote now mum save me taking you on the day - no probs

So I am standing outside waiting for her - bad move - every dingbat who is running is now trying to engage me and convince me to vote for them - oh dear!

Whilst I felt sorry for the bloke who was running cause he has no electricity cause he wouldn't let them put a smart meter in - didn't think I could vote for him based on that!

Then there was the fruit loop who seemed to be a religious nutter who banged on about abortion being made totally illegal for any reason - feck off ! Apparently I am a child of Satan and will be judged!

And then some bloke who wants a tramline put in the major road - didn't seem to have any other wishes or policies for that matter?!

The young guy from the Greens was extremely pleasant and not pushy at all - I reckon it's great to see young folk and by that I mean early adolescent engaged and passionate.

Had the Liberal woman tell me " what good shape the health system is in" and how they were carrying on Kennett's good work Shocked

And how reassured we mothers and housewives should be - seriously??? WTF??

" how many children do you have she asks" None and I work full time as a nurse in the public health system and you are delusional and talking absolutely shite!

She didn't want to talk to me anymore - and the other folk waiting launched into her about the system, nurses, ambos etc etc etc.

Mum came out we went shopping and left them to it Razz

Is it too late to do a postal vote?????

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:32 pm

Morrigu wrote:
! Apparently I am a child of Satan and will be judged!

You only just realised this? Shocked

Razz Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:37 pm

Oh man that's why I hate voting. I usually do a postal vote. I'll be going to the council the Friday befor to vote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13   

Jump to: