Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Victorian State Election

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Say it for a 3rd time, I dare you.

Swanny will appear in a G string with Krudd to give you a personal lap dance. Razz

Just out of curiosity, what was Victorias credit rating when Brumby was in power just before the election?

I'll say it ten times but can we skip the Krudd bit?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:18 pm

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Swanny will appear in a G string with Krudd to give you a personal lap dance. Razz

Just out of curiosity, what was Victorias credit rating when Brumby was in power just before the election?

Careful, we're talking Wayne Swan not Dane. Wink Razz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:59 pm

Just out of interest with the east/west thingy.

How is getting more vehicles onto the Eastern freeway faster going to ease the evening congestion outbound and ditto for the Tullarmarine/Bolte?

How would it have eased the North/South running Hoddle St/Punt Rd?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:22 pm

1061 wrote:

How is getting more vehicles onto the Eastern freeway faster going to ease the evening congestion outbound and ditto for the Tullarmarine/Bolte?

Heading north east of Sydney road there's a limited number of ways through and the further east you get the less the choices become. Any less cars on Hoddle street would help but it's a fkn carpark at any time of day.

I'm with you in that I never have seen a big need for it, I'd personally much prefer to link the Ring road from Greensborough with the Eastern but the Eltham greens have scared all the governments off that idea.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:23 pm

I have idea HOW you WOULD do it have eased the NorthSouth running Hoddle StPunt Rd .
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:34 pm

I have idea how Borat would like to introduce you to sister.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:10 pm

1061 wrote:

It would eliminate the car park at the end of the freeway onto Alexandra Pde, plus get traffic moving past the Zoo, atm at peak hour it is just a car park, Alexandra is shocking especially on a Saturday afternoon, you stop about 1km from the end of the Eastern.

It wont improve the stoppage at Bulleen Road outbound at night, but that's 1 little section, it will mean people in the East can actually get to the other side of the city in a reasonable time, instead of 10 minutes to the end of the freeway then another 30 minutes to get to the Tulla and same back the other way

People in the Eastern suburbs are helped the most and that's why they all voted Liberal
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:31 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Careful, we're talking Wayne Swan not Dane. Wink Razz

Oooooooooh. Bugger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:36 am

australian sex party ‏@aussexparty 33m33 minutes ago wrote:

We are proud to announce that Fiona Patten has been elected to the Legislative Council for the next 4 years. #VicVotes #SpringSt

Fiona Patten

Fiona Patten is a 49 year old advocate for civil liberties, sexual health, drug law reform and personal freedom. Her political mentors are her great aunt, Jessie Street –suffragette and human rights campaigner - and the late Don Chipp, founder of the Australian Democrats, with whom she shared a strong friendship. In 2009 disappointed at the lack of political change on adults-only and personal freedom issues and after extensive discussions with Chipp (who actually suggested the name) she registered and launched the Australian Sex Party.

She became the first political leader in Australia to call for a Royal Commission into child sex abuse in the church. She also called for an end to the proposed internet filter and successfully debated Senator Conroy over the parameters of it.

Her hobbies are reading, gardening, fashion and sport. In the 2001 Masters Games she won seven medals in swimming. Her media appearances have seen her front Foxtel’s adult pay TV channel, Nightmoves and she was a regular on Beauty and the Beast. More recently she has appeared on national television programs like Q & A and Sunrise and is a regular on Melbourne’s gay and lesbian radio, JOY FM.

Politically she is a centrist who supports small business and workers rights and sees no conflict in this approach. She has been in a de facto relationship with former Matilda magazine editor and lobbyist, Robbie Swan, for over 20 years.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:40 am

I'm sure she would like to hear about that.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:13 pm

Fantastic news. Congratulations, Fiona. Smile
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:20 pm

2.54% of the vote. Democracy in action Rolling Eyes
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:37 pm

Look at the preference flows. As I wrote earlier in this thread, the Sex Party would have received strong support from Greens, Labor and LDP voters both below and above the line. The Greens easily had enough for one quota but not nearly enough for two, and Labor had enough for two but not for three. They also came just a few hundred votes from the fourth highest primary. There certainly are some bizarre results in upper house elections due to preference harvesting, but I think this result is pretty legitimate.
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:22 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
It would eliminate the car park at the end of the freeway onto Alexandra Pde, plus get traffic moving past the Zoo, atm at peak hour it is just a car park, Alexandra is shocking especially on a Saturday afternoon, you stop about 1km from the end of the Eastern

No it wouldn't. Modelling for the project estimated that only 13% of vehicles coming in off the Eastern would continue onto the new section. That's one of the reasons why the Libs wanted to keep the business case secret - according to pretty much all the advice the former government received from traffic and transport experts, the project was an ill-conceived and over-priced dud.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:45 pm

Very interesting to see the strong result from the below-the-line voters - thinking people who care enough to make their own choices. They count below-the-line last 'coz it's not as easy as the party-line votes, and these people - a record high 8% of the total I understand - have transformed what looked like a sad travesty of democracy with an alarming number of weird extremist did-I-really-vote-for-them?s elected into a sensible, fair result.

On my figures, we are looking at 14 Liberals, 2 Nationals, 2 gun nuts and a DLP on the retarding side (total 19), 14 Labor, 5 Greens, and the Sex Party on the progressive side (total 20), and the unclassifiable but apparently sensible Local Jobs chap in the middle.

To get legislation through without Liberal approval, the government need support from the Greens and any two out of the DLP, Local Jobs, Sex Party, Nationals, and gun nuts. That's pretty workable, but they will need to keep things reasonable because to block legislation the Liberals and Nationals only need to get support from the Greens or (for example) the rednecks and any two of the DLP, Sex Party, Greens or Local Jobs.

In short, we have a keep-the-bastards-honest upper house. That's a good result.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13   

Jump to: